PDA

View Full Version : Gauge on hybrids

Jackson Heights
08-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Do the gauges on hybrid strings have to match? For example, can I put 16G natural gut on the main, and 17G multifiliment string on the cross? (I do not use poly strings). Or do they both have to be 16G or 17G?

top__spin
08-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Do the gauges on hybrid strings have to match? For example, can I put 16G natural gut on the main, and 17G multifiliment string on the cross? (I do not use poly strings). Or do they both have to be 16G or 17G?

There's no such rule that they have to match. I've used hybrids with different gauges. I think I used 17G and 18G once...soon realized that I'm not a big fan of 18G. They have amazing bite and spin, but they move out of place very easily...I guess because they're so thin.

But yeah, you can combine different gauges in Hybrids.
Good luck!

LPShanet
08-23-2009, 11:14 PM

There is absolutely no reason they have to match. Use whatever you like in both, depending on what you're trying to achieve. You can even use 15 gauge in one and 18L in the other. Knock yourself out.