PDA

View Full Version : Free Kevlar to anybody in my area

meowmix
08-19-2009, 07:14 PM
I have a few sets of kevlar/aramid/aramid based strings in my house that I don't plan on using. They include a set of Forten Aramid (I think), two sets of Gamma Powerplay 17, and a set of string that I'm told is 18g Toalson kevlar. If anybody wants to swing by my house to pick them up, send me an email. They'll be available as long as none of my friends want the strings or nobody picks them up. My email has recently been changed to meow mix0 669 @ gmai l.com (leave out the spaces). I live in Southeastern PA.

Please note, I will not ship these strings out as I do not have access to a car and do not wish to trouble my parents with shipping these.

drakulie
08-19-2009, 07:38 PM
^^^could you send them to me as an email attachment? :)

J/K very nice of you to do this for someone.

Virtua Tennis
08-19-2009, 10:54 PM
I say take those string and make a bullet proof jacket out of it.

Lakers4Life
08-19-2009, 11:22 PM
I have a few sets of kevlar/aramid/aramid based strings in my house that I don't plan on using. They include a set of Forten Aramid (I think), two sets of Gamma Powerplay 17, and a set of string that I'm told is 18g Toalson kevlar. If anybody wants to swing by my house to pick them up, send me an email. They'll be available as long as none of my friends want the strings or nobody picks them up. My email has recently been changed to meow mix0 669 @ gmai l.com (leave out the spaces). I live in Southeastern PA.

Please note, I will not ship these strings out as I do not have access to a car and do not wish to trouble my parents with shipping these.

How did you wind up with so much kevlar?

honz
08-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Does Kevlar have similar playability to VS Gut?

Lakers4Life
08-20-2009, 12:04 AM
Does Kevlar have similar playability to VS Gut?

Its more like a Poly, a very very strong poly with hardly any stretch.

Alafter
08-20-2009, 12:46 AM

Translation:

"Hey kids! Want to come to my house? I've got candy :D"

Automatix
08-20-2009, 04:11 AM
...and a set of string that I'm told is 18g Toalson kevlar. Sorry for chiming in but I think you should give the Toalson a try...

I was amazed by the amount of comfort & power it provided.
I used it in my Kneissl Red Stars at 25/24kg and 25,5/24,5kg and they were really soft...

mikeler
08-20-2009, 05:14 AM
The spammers have programs to remove the spaces from your e-mail. Luckily Gmail has good spam filters.

jcstennis
08-20-2009, 05:45 AM
i live right outside Philly... how far are you from Center City?

meowmix
08-20-2009, 06:02 AM
I'm around 45 minutes from center city. I'm pretty close to Trenton... 20 minutes?

meowmix
08-20-2009, 06:03 AM
Sorry for chiming in but I think you should give the Toalson a try...

I was amazed by the amount of comfort & power it provided.
I used it in my Kneissl Red Stars at 25/24kg and 25,5/24,5kg and they were really soft...

Thanks for the recommendation, but I've found a setup (well, main string at least) that works for me, and I'm going to stick with it. I'm just going to keep trying out some crosses.

meowmix
08-20-2009, 06:11 AM
How did you wind up with so much kevlar?

I traded some badmitton clamps to Bud who surprised me with 22 sets of string... including some five or six packs of kevlar. I tried one set, found it pretty decent (ashaway kevlar), but found that there was nothing special, and my arm didn't always appreciate the string.

Translation:

"Hey kids! Want to come to my house? I've got candy :D"

Thanks alafter... I think?

:)

jcstennis
08-20-2009, 06:28 AM
I'm around 45 minutes from center city. I'm pretty close to Trenton... 20 minutes?

ok, i'm in Cherry Hill...

i'll email you about the string...

BTW: Some of my USTA team and some DivIII players will be playing Sunday... let me know if you want to join us.

meowmix
08-20-2009, 06:37 AM
I'd love to play, but I'm afraid I'm too busy with college apps and some other things I'm applying to right now. Thanks for the offer though.

The_Question
08-20-2009, 08:50 AM
South East PA? Like around DE? If so, I can come pick it up, if you really don't want them...

honz
08-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Its more like a Poly, a very very strong poly with hardly any stretch.

I was joking, but thanks anyways though! :)

meowmix
08-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Looks like there's quite a few Southeasts in PA... I'm about 20 minutes from Trenton, to give you some idea.