PDA

View Full Version : Fischer say 45-65 lb on M speed 105...

plum
08-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Should I try 45? I'm confused becasue at TW store the M speed 105 says 50-70lb yet my M speed 105, same exact green-red paint job, says 45-65. Should I really try 45 in Natural Gut, this would be like 35 in a 90 Sq inch frame?

schenkelini
08-19-2009, 09:49 PM
I have mine strung at 54 with natural gut. That feels perfect to me.

Alafter
08-19-2009, 11:53 PM
on avg my racquets are strung at 55. then i strung one at 37 just for kicks. Well, definitely much softer feeling, not that much more powerful, but definitely weird.

Since this is gut we are talking here, which is kinda expensive, dont experiment. Go with your usual tension.

goldenyama
08-20-2009, 12:27 AM
55 will be perfect for this frame.

autumn_leaf
08-20-2009, 04:18 AM
on avg my racquets are strung at 55. then i strung one at 37 just for kicks. Well, definitely much softer feeling, not that much more powerful, but definitely weird.

Since this is gut we are talking here, which is kinda expensive, dont experiment. Go with your usual tension.

wow. i strung Big Ace at 50 with pro 1 and it felt wayyy too springy.

as for the recommended tension it's been discussed before, the wide window for tension occurred when Gamma took over (this is from what i read, someone correct me if i'm wrong). I think the recommendation now reflects more of what the manufacturer thinks the racquet can handle instead of what it will play best at.

Steve Huff
08-20-2009, 06:17 AM
Your's is probably the UL version (Ultra Lite) whereas the others are probably the SL version (super lite). It could be the other way around, but it's most likely 2 versions of the same racket.

plum
08-20-2009, 07:09 AM
Well interesting, my ProKennex PSE Ki 5 is strung at 54 natural gut, it is 100 SQ. So if I string my 105 Fischer at 54 that would be less tension. I wish there was a way to know what tension the M speed is at now because I'd be surprised if it was that tight-- the strings seem to move a lot. But the weirdest difference between these two frames is that my bunt returns backhand & forehand sail long with the PSE 13 OZ ProKennex; but the bunt slice and forehand slaps go in perfectly with my Fischer? Can't figure it out, but I have to think string tension is at play here. And it wouldn't make sense that the Fischer is strung looser if it is not sending bunt returns back farther than my PRoKennex Ki 5 PSE strung at 54 natural gut. Certainly the Fischer has some cheap poly on it but I have to say whatever it has I just love the spin and it feels strongest of any of my racquets including POG.

LPShanet
08-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Should I try 45? I'm confused becasue at TW store the M speed 105 says 50-70lb yet my M speed 105, same exact green-red paint job, says 45-65. Should I really try 45 in Natural Gut, this would be like 35 in a 90 Sq inch frame?

Racquet companies revise their recommended tensions all the time. They may just be from different production years (or they could be different weight/sizes, as an earlier poster mentioned). Either way, the best strategy is to start out by stringing the frame right in the middle of the tension range printed on the racquet. Once you've played with that, you can experiment with making it looser or tighter based on how you felt it played in the mid-range.