PDA

View Full Version : Fake Luxilon Strings?

zerox277
08-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Is there such thing i found this pic on google and i never saw this packaging before.

http://img01.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i1/94718648/T2hyldXiG8yJNXXXXX_!!94718648.jpg_620x10000.jpg

scotus
08-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Never seen it, either. This is from a Chinese vendor on bay.

I have purchased some M2 Pros from the guy, which by the way looked legitimate in every way in the picture unlike the reel above.

No news after 3 weeks and he had his bay registration withdrawn or suspended. So I email the guy, and he says he did not have it in stock and will get it this week.

I told the guy he should never have auctioned off an item he did not have in stock. Still he gives me some sorry excuse about how the business is run in China.

At any rate, I will still give the guy a couple of weeks, but I will definitely file a dispute before the 45-day period runs out if I don't get the item by then.

Frankly, I am not holding my breath.

zerox277
08-19-2009, 08:39 PM
How was his feedback?

Trickster
08-20-2009, 01:48 PM
I noticed that guys feedback. He only has about 14 reviews. I do smell something a little off.

It seems cheap enough and given how expensive bb is, it might be worth a punt. Although not one I would make admittedly.

Nanshiki
08-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Pretty much everything that comes out of China but is made in Europe (in this case Belgium) is going to be fake...

MarrratSafin
08-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Never seen it, either. This is from a Chinese vendor on bay.

I have purchased some M2 Pros from the guy, which by the way looked legitimate in every way in the picture unlike the reel above.

No news after 3 weeks and he had his bay registration withdrawn or suspended. So I email the guy, and he says he did not have it in stock and will get it this week.

I told the guy he should never have auctioned off an item he did not have in stock. Still he gives me some sorry excuse about how the business is run in China.

At any rate, I will still give the guy a couple of weeks, but I will definitely file a dispute before the 45-day period runs out if I don't get the item by then.

Frankly, I am not holding my breath.

Hey, absolutely the same story I got. I bought the M2 Pros from him and had everything just like you thus far.:lol: But he told me mine was shipped out about 3 days ago. I'm filing a dispute too before the 45 days if it still doesn't arrive by then.

MarrratSafin
08-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Pretty much everything that comes out of China but is made in Europe (in this case Belgium) is going to be fake...

I've even seen fake PSGD's and Prince Lightnings from China and the packagings say made in Japan. Trust them to fake anything!

drgreenthumb
08-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Ive seen those exact BB strings from bay too but when I saw the labels and "ship from china", I was in a hurry to click the BACK button.

abenguyen
08-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Hey, absolutely the same story I got. I bought the M2 Pros from him and had everything just like you thus far.:lol: But he told me mine was shipped out about 3 days ago. I'm filing a dispute too before the 45 days if it still doesn't arrive by then.

shipping from China takes a god awful long time. customs and everything has taken packages for me at least 3 weeks. many things from China you can guarantee is not going to be real quality. unless you go to legitimate stores and such

ripperfranky
08-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Fake!
I know they have the real ones in sets and selling them at the real price in China. But this reel is just double the price of one set in China. So...

000KFACTOR90000
08-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Advertised as 660ft and a buyer from Greece ask's if they can lower the shipping and he replies "no not for 720ft"

He never actually calls it bb alu power or bb original :confused:

He does claim to be an authorised dealer though :?

Even the reel itself looks dodgy !

tennis50
08-23-2009, 01:59 PM
BEWARE....Probably bad mojo. I bought a reel of the BB from him a few days ago on the bay. Under questions he said it was BB ALU Power! After I bought it, two different feedbacks had concern (one guy was sent fake string in BB Timo pkgs). Wish I would have waited. He wrote me that it's 15 days for me to get the string (USA). I will file a complaint on the 16th day.

In the photo the color of string was wrong, package was wrong and his answers were fishy to others. I also took a shot that it might be real knowing I'm mostly covered by Pay Pal if it isn't. His ad, for my purchase, had a 7 day return policy (buyer eats return shipping). I am very sorry I did this.

I wrote him that I know BB and not to cheat me or I'll immediately file a complaint and get my money back from Pay Pal and say what happened in feedback. I'll be out shipping costs back to china, maybe $20? Real bad experience. I'm 95% sure it'll be fake if I get it after reading about the other problems. He said a new employee sent my string which smells of an excuse already and to contact him if there is any problem. I think the Bay will shut him down soon. They suspended him once already.

LPShanet
08-23-2009, 10:40 PM
There's a fairly simple lesson here. If something is WAY cheaper than it normally is, it may well be fake. If you're lucky, it's stolen. (Some luck, huh?) While some vendors can sell things at a moderate discount, there is no way to sell things way cheaper and still make money. Since Luxilon isn't made in China, the guy has to buy it from Luxilon in Europe at a fixed price and then resell. So unless he's doing more volume than Tennis Warehouse, he can't sell for that much less. Stop being penny wise and pound foolish and start buying from authorized dealers instead of shady auction site crooks.

acer4tennis
08-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Lesson to be learn.

MarrratSafin
09-03-2009, 04:14 AM
Update: I didn't get my M2 Pro's after 40 days so I filed a dispute. Paypal gave me a refund almost immediately. I guess that's that... his BB Timo looks totally fake in those pics, but it's amazing how he managed to get all positive feedbacks thus far.

zerox277
09-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Lol, thats funny he has "Alu Power Big Banger Reels" that come IN WHITE. And he says theres multiple colours for them. Aahhaha :shock:

scotus
09-05-2009, 10:38 AM
The seller's bay registration has been suspended for the second time, and I got my money back from Pay Pal's resolution center.

People, if you bought from this seller, make sure you file a dispute within 45 days from the date of purchase.

Even though I got my money back (thanks to Pay Pal), I was not able to leave a negative feedback for the seller since he is no longer registered with bay. I bet he will be back after my 45-day period has expired.

Power Player
09-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Just buy Topspin Cyberflash. There is a reason LUX dealers do not sell it.

Nanshiki
09-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Because it's cheaper and not as good, but OK?

scotus
09-08-2009, 08:06 AM
This bay seller is a complete liar.

I noticed that his bay registration has been re-instated, so I made sure to leave him a negative feedback, and lo and behold, he contacted me right away to wiggle his way out of it.

From this correspondence, it was made abundantly clear that he never ever shipped out my strings, and this is contrary to the email he had sent me about a month after the end of the auction that he finally got the strings in stock and mailed them out to me.

This vendor will promise you an extra set of string or a discount on future purchases in exchange for a removal of negative feedback.

Don't trust this guy. He has no intention of keeping his promises.

scotus
09-09-2009, 11:26 AM
I noticed he just got another negative feedback. (Is that you, MarratSafin?)

This vendor sent me another email asking to change the feedback. He still complains that it is not his fault that he can't control the supply of the Lux strings from Wilson.

He really doesn't get it. He does not need to control the supply. Just do not auction off an item that is not in stock, and stop lying to customers. Is that too much to ask?

000KFACTOR90000
09-27-2009, 03:35 PM
RACKETSMONOPOLY seems to have ramped things up and at least has genuine pictures of alu power and is charging more. Does anyone know if they are actually delivering the real deal now?

MarrratSafin
09-27-2009, 05:02 PM
I noticed he just got another negative feedback. (Is that you, MarratSafin?)

This vendor sent me another email asking to change the feedback. He still complains that it is not his fault that he can't control the supply of the Lux strings from Wilson.

He really doesn't get it. He does not need to control the supply. Just do not auction off an item that is not in stock, and stop lying to customers. Is that too much to ask?

It's me but I changed it after he sent tons of emails and kept apologizing. He sent 6 sets of Alu Power for free plus tracking code hoping to get the feedback changed.. at least the Alu Power appear to be genuine so I gave him a chance. It appears that there's nothing wrong with his business with all the positive feedbacks he's getting except both of us involved with M2 Pro which he doesn't have enough stock apparently.:-?

scotus
09-27-2009, 10:21 PM
It's me but I changed it after he sent tons of emails and kept apologizing. He sent 6 sets of Alu Power for free plus tracking code hoping to get the feedback changed.. at least the Alu Power appear to be genuine so I gave him a chance. It appears that there's nothing wrong with his business with all the positive feedbacks he's getting except both of us involved with M2 Pro which he doesn't have enough stock apparently.:-?

He tried to bribe me, but I did not get any apology from him. I insisted he should not have auctioned off items he did not already have in stock, but he kept saying that's how business is run there, blah blah blah.

He was not to be trusted. He told me earlier that he had sent out the M2s, which later turned out to be a complete lie. I was not about to give him another chance to defraud me and possibly many others.

Hope your ALU Power is genuine.

MarrratSafin
09-28-2009, 01:37 AM
He tried to bribe me, but I did not get any apology from him. I insisted he should not have auctioned off items he did not already have in stock, but he kept saying that's how business is run there, blah blah blah.

He was not to be trusted. He told me earlier that he had sent out the M2s, which later turned out to be a complete lie. I was not about to give him another chance to defraud me and possibly many others.

Hope your ALU Power is genuine.

Yes. He kept telling me too he'll send out my strings soon after the auction ended. I did give him a very serious talking to before agreeing to give him a chance. He was apologetic but you can only hope some people will really learn from their mistake by giving them a chance.:???:

000KFACTOR90000
09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Haven't seen any positive feedback from the "genuine" alu power yet so I might just keep an eye out for the moment and see if he starts delivering on his promises without the dramas.

scotus
10-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Well, this one guy bought a Head racquet from the same Chinese vendor --viz., "racketsmonopoly" on fleabay.

He does a good job of exposing the fake racquet.

See for yourself.
http://photos.yahoo.co.jp/ph/monk_punk_hevosenkuva/lst?.dir=/e68a&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.co.jp/

scotus
10-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Well, this one guy bought a Head racquet from the same Chinese vendor --viz., "racketsmonopoly" on fleabay.

He does a good job of exposing the fake racquet.

See for yourself.
http://photos.yahoo.co.jp/ph/monk_punk_hevosenkuva/lst?.dir=/e68a&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.co.jp/

Gotta love the first picture of the second row.

It is a "HEND" racquet!

000KFACTOR90000
10-09-2009, 06:21 PM
yeah, a genuine "hend" :)

10-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Has anyone bought his most recent reels and alu power sets?

Meaghan
10-11-2009, 10:19 AM
He sells fake k90s IMO so I wouldnt touch it...

scotus
10-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Stay clear of "racketsmonopoly". He should really have a lot more negative feedbacks than he does.

He pretty much bribes everyone who leaves him negative feedback in return for a change to a positive feedback.

OliverSimon
10-11-2009, 07:14 PM
I like how it says Tommy Robredo plays with this in the middle of the package

000KFACTOR90000
10-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Has anyone bought his most recent reels and alu power sets?

Not really cheap compared to the recent tennis warehouse sale price, so I would think anyone who got fake stuff would be keen to blog it at least on one of the forums :confused:

000KFACTOR90000
10-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Saying the alu power sets seem to be counterfeit. He paid almost as much as they were on sale at tw too!

yeh_96
10-13-2009, 06:55 AM
I just bought 24 sets of string off this guy a few days ago...
12 sets of Alu
6 sets of Monotec Zolo
6 sets of Timo

Am really hoping they don't turn out to be fake! But not keeping my hopes up after reading about some of the bad experiences you guys have had!
I've been stringing for quite a few years and have had experience assisting in stringing at ATP level, so can definitely spot a real from a fake...

Any advice?? The pictures seem legitimate..

Thanks!

000KFACTOR90000
10-13-2009, 07:37 AM
I have a feeling it could be genuine lux and wilson but very interested in your professional opinion yeh_96

Richie Rich
10-13-2009, 09:37 AM
you guys that buy from china fleabay seller deserve what you get. too cheap to buy from somewhere like TW then complain about getting fakes :lol:

scotus
10-13-2009, 06:35 PM
"racketsmonopoly" received several negative and neutral feedbacks in the last few days. These buyers all claim that they received counterfeit items.

I expect some of these feedbacks to change in the next week or so, as "racketsmonopoly" will no doubt try to bribe these buyers.

000KFACTOR90000
10-13-2009, 08:06 PM

Hi MarrratSafin, Was your Alu Power genuine?

yeh_96
10-13-2009, 09:14 PM
I have a feeling it could be genuine lux and wilson but very interested in your professional opinion yeh_96

Will update once i get them! Should be within a week or so hopefully.

darrellmak
10-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I, too, recently bought a set of 6 Luxilon BB Alu 125 from ****'s racquetsmonopoly. It only took about 10 days to arrive from China, and initially I was convinced it was real. But then I got the warning from **** not to complete my purchase from racquetsmonopoly, then found out about the counterfeit complaints.

Another **** buyer noticed these problems with the string:

- The packaging is a little bit different from the original (10 for Control instead of 9)
- The string brighter than the original
- When you try to twist it, you do not have the same mark.

I also noticed on the packaging, Luxilon says not to accept any string that does not have a batch number included. On other Luxilon strings I bought, a label is attached to the package with a batch number. The strings from racquetmonopoly have some label in Chinese, but it doesn't seem to include a batch number.

I'm not sure how well the string performs yet, but appearance-wise, it's hard to tell the difference if this stuff is fake.

scotus
10-19-2009, 12:06 PM
When I checked up on "racketsmonopoly" a few days ago, his fleabay registration was suspended again.

Cup8489
10-19-2009, 12:18 PM
why doesnt **** do anything more than suspend his account? at this point wouldn't he be considered a criminal, based on his fraudulent actions?

'course, it is China.

000KFACTOR90000
10-19-2009, 05:29 PM
I think the string might be ok but he was mixing in fake racquets too. Here is the response from Luxilon:-

http://www.protennis.us/ExpertDetail.asp?id=1843

luxilon1234
10-19-2009, 09:40 PM
I recently purchased some Luxilon big banger alu power rough from the same **** seller. I received the string but the logo on the string states "luxilon big banger alu power oho176 25219" but the weird thing is that the logo is easily erased by my finger. I know that other brands' logo (eg. Wilson or Prince) is not easily erased by finger. Can other member let me kown if it is fake. Because I never used Luxilon string before.

yeh_96
10-21-2009, 01:02 AM
I recently purchased some Luxilon big banger alu power rough from the same **** seller. I received the string but the logo on the string states "luxilon big banger alu power oho176 25219" but the weird thing is that the logo is easily erased by my finger. I know that other brands' logo (eg. Wilson or Prince) is not easily erased by finger. Can other member let me kown if it is fake. Because I never used Luxilon string before.

The print on the string of genuine Luxilon actually rubs off relatively easily. Often after stringing, not much of it is left visible. So it could still be alright. The guy actually sent mine to my address in a different state, (I put it by accident) despite me requesting him to send it to where I currently am. So am waiting on it to be forwarded on to me...

yeh_96
10-23-2009, 12:32 AM
Another **** buyer noticed these problems with the string:

- The packaging is a little bit different from the original (10 for Control instead of 9)
- The string brighter than the original
- When you try to twist it, you do not have the same mark.

I also noticed on the packaging, Luxilon says not to accept any string that does not have a batch number included. On other Luxilon strings I bought, a label is attached to the package with a batch number. The strings from racquetmonopoly have some label in Chinese, but it doesn't seem to include a batch number.

I'm not sure how well the string performs yet, but appearance-wise, it's hard to tell the difference if this stuff is fake.

Just received mine today. Verdict: FAKE. Am very annoyed at the moment... Not only did he not send it to address I requested, he also only sent me 1 quarter (6 sets out of 24) of my order despite telling me he'd combine shipping.
Here are the reasons why I think the Alu power is fake (pretty much same as above):
-The colour is LIGHTER than the genuine
-The string is slightly STIFFER
-There is NO BATCH NUMBER on the packet, which is on the back of EVERY packet of GENUINE Luxilon string
-The Comfort for the string is 9, NOT 10 like your packet says.

I have since opened a case with paypal's resolution centre. Really hope to get my money back!

MarrratSafin
10-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Very interesting- the Alu Power sets that I got is genuine. Now do you guys think he's mixing them up? The sets I received have the batch number (and no chinese printings) and the ratings on the back of the package is same as the genuine ones, 8 for durability, 10 for power and control, and 9 for comfort.

MarrratSafin
10-23-2009, 01:43 AM
-The Comfort for the string is 9, NOT 10 like your packet says.

The packaging is a little bit different from the original (10 for Control instead of 9)

For ALU POWER, comfort is 9 and control is 10. 9 for control and 10 for comfort applies to ALU FLUORO. Not quite sure what you guys are getting here..

yeh_96
10-23-2009, 02:58 AM
Very interesting- the Alu Power sets that I got is genuine. Now do you guys think he's mixing them up? The sets I received have the batch number (and no chinese printings) and the ratings on the back of the package is same as the genuine ones, 8 for durability, 10 for power and control, and 9 for comfort.

Wow, lucky you! But didn't he offer those to you as a bribe? Maybe thats why he decided to pull out the real stuff, whereas to new customers he just ships the fakes!

And yes you are correct, should be 8 for Durability, 10 for Power and Control, and 9 for Comfort.

luxilon1234
10-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Paypal said that they are going to refund me the money back. But I need to pay for the shipping to China. Once the seller get his "fake" string back I will be credited back. Wasted my time and shipping cost. :cry:

yeh_96
10-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Paypal said that they are going to refund me the money back. But I need to pay for the shipping to China. Once the seller get his "fake" string back I will be credited back. Wasted my time and shipping cost. :cry:

Received the same verdict... :(

scotus
10-23-2009, 08:22 PM

It might not be worth the money and trouble to send the strings back.

Do you think the seller would be honest enough to report to Pay Pal that he has received the strings back from you?

Then the only way to prove it would be to get a delivery confirmation or his signature. But that would cost a lot of money on international mail.

ace0001a
12-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I think these guys are back at selling fake Luxilon on thE Bay again under the names of "stringschang", "tennisone" and "wilsonblx".

lawlitssoo1n
12-11-2009, 04:00 PM
bottom line do not but luxilon strings from bay

jazzyfunkybluesy
12-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Totally fake. That is the worst imitation of any product I have ever seen.

agassi fan
12-24-2009, 11:33 PM
i have seen this a same item on the bay and they still sell for a lot by the way it's fake

Six.One.Tour.90FAN
12-25-2009, 01:08 PM
whats the item no.?????

ggodd
12-25-2009, 07:05 PM
you get what you pay for
before you buy, you can check
http://www.dono.com.cn/newshop/category.php?id=4
this is a small store in Beijing
if something is way cheaper, be careful~
btw. the currency ratio is about 6.85.

agassi fan
12-31-2009, 12:19 PM
item number 230418353562 (the bay) it something like this

ace0001a
01-02-2010, 05:04 PM
item number 230418353562 (the bay) it something like this

Apparently someone got ripped for $120 on the "720 foot" reel of Fake Luxilon Big Banger Alu 125 #230418353562 on the bay.

FactChecker
08-08-2012, 07:00 AM
My cousin bought FAKE Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour from tennis.cn and Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power from lixingjun2010 on ****. He said they had 100% positive feedback with 100+ sales. I investigated and found that a dummy bidder nishiki82 accounts for most of the sales and same-day positive feedback.

The string labels and barcodes are convincing and match the real stuff. However, the string broke after five minutes of play, raising suspicion of its authenticity. Other than playing, the best way to verify authenticity (in this particular case) is the packaging. Both had the same package that features a series of ridges (about 4 mm wide) connecting the label pallet in the center to the curved ring that holds the string. See images. The authentic reels do not have these ridges. These packages were also cut roughly around the edges.

Quality of counterfeit varies by case. Here are other sellers - wilsonluxilon, wilsonblx, sohusports, tennisone, 163sports

Overall, if something is made in Europe but shipped from China, PROBABLY FAKE!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XEIQbu2fl8U/UCJ9PpUHABI/AAAAAAAAAHY/Kbh9AgDW89g/s1600/IMG_2747.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-G9jSNvPxwUY/UCJ9TFjJDrI/AAAAAAAAAHg/J4ivUrKTX9I/s1600/IMG_2748.JPG

parasailing
08-13-2012, 05:58 PM
I would just wait till there is a sale from TW or one of the other reputable dealers to buy Luxilon strings. Otherwise, you just risk throwing away money. On a side note, there are countless other strings out there that perform just as well as Luxilon if not better which are priced in the $120 per reel range. Luxilon is great for the first few hours and then they go dead so it seems like too much of a hassle to restring.

bluegrass_stringer
05-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Avoid buying any strings from China. First of all, someone selling a reel of ALU power for $40 should be a red flag. That being said, there are deals out there on **** for luxilon string. I just got 3 packs of 4G for $37 including shipping. I only buy from US, and I like for their to be an actual picture of the string. Luxilon will always have batch numbers on their strings. AND manufacturing info will be printed on the string after the string type. This is a 6 digit alphanumeric, followed by a 5 digit number.