PDA

View Full Version : What synthetic string to use as Hybrid with Signum Pro poly - plasma???

top__spin
08-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Hi all!!!

I recently tried started using Hybrid strings and so far, I love them. I'm still trying out a few combinations.

I am currently trying the Ashaway Crossfire with Kevlar strings. They're pretty darn good so far.

I have the Signum Pro Poly - Plasma 17G (1.23) for my Poly strings.
Can someone tell me what is the best Synthetic string to go with this?
I appreciate any help!
Thanks!

top__spin
08-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Also, I'd say I'm in between a 3.5 and a 3.0 player.
I play almost every day.

diredesire
08-20-2009, 08:47 AM
I personally think that Forten Sweet would jive with SPPP very well. SPPP is a poly that suits those looking for comfort, control, and reasonable tension stability. Forten sweet won't really do you wrong if you value these.

top__spin
08-20-2009, 10:48 AM
I personally think that Forten Sweet would jive with SPPP very well. SPPP is a poly that suits those looking for comfort, control, and reasonable tension stability. Forten sweet won't really do you wrong if you value these.

Thanks DireDesire for the input! I think I will give them a shot!

One other thing...like I said, I just started using the Ashaway Crossfire 17 strings. I have them strung at 58.5 mains and 59.5 crosses on a Wilson nCode nBlade 98. I'm hitting good so far with them. The only thing is that I'm loosing the soft touches. I am usually pretty good at just dropping the ball in to the other side of the net. But recently, the drop shots are not going that far...they're fallin my court itself! :( I'll probably need to work on that or something. I know the kevlars are stiff and I might need to push a little.

Will the Forten Sweet and SPPP hybrids feel better then the Ashaway crossfire hybrids? Also, what gauge do you recomend the Forten Sweet to be?