PDA

View Full Version : Higher Powered Multi?

Smooothone23
08-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Currently using Xcel Premium at 58 in an APDC. I am looking for multi with a little more power.

Please advise.

Thanks

dadozen
08-20-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm not sure about numbers, but I once used Pro Supex Maxim Touch 1.25mm on the crosses on an hybrid with poly on the mains, and it was very soft and very powerful. But only the 1.25mm version.

1st Seed
08-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Weiss Cannon explosiv,for blasting on the baseline blow for blow this strings performs nicely.
Prince Multi was another that can pack some power.
Ashaway Dynamite currently testing it,plenty of pop also.
Order some different packs,I love testing

jim e
08-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Currently using Xcel Premium at 58 in an APDC. I am looking for multi with a little more power.

Please advise.

Thanks
Just a suggestion.
Instead of a multi. you may wish to try all nat. gut, as you would definately get a little more power. If you do I would suggest to get a quality gut, as some no name brands snaps easily on some people.

Trickster
08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
What about Technifibre NRG2 - I know the Bryan's were using this and look how much power they get!!

jim e
08-20-2009, 03:03 PM
What about Technifibre NRG2 - I know the Bryan's were using this and look how much power they get!!

They were using that string. Now they hit with Lux. and VS gut. One of them puts the gut in the mains, the other uses it in the crosses.This is according to the latest listing on the USRSA site of pro equipment 2009 listing.

Jinx
08-20-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure about numbers, but I once used Pro Supex Maxim Touch 1.25mm on the crosses on an hybrid with poly on the mains, and it was very soft and very powerful. But only the 1.25mm version.

I could have sworn that MT 1.25mm was a very low powered multi. It's power level is very similar to poly based strings.

X-1 Biphase is suppose to be a very powerful multi. The lower the gauge you can handle without breaking them, the more powerful the strings should be.

Valjean
08-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Come on now, OP; you've *got* to know there's Xcel *Power* now, too...

Keifers
08-20-2009, 03:39 PM
I could have sworn that MT 1.25mm was a very low powered multi. It's power level is very similar to poly based strings.

X-1 Biphase is suppose to be a very powerful multi. The lower the gauge you can handle without breaking them, the more powerful the strings should be.
Yes, that's right. MT is one of the lowest-powered multis out there. Excellent ball feel and a very linear response make it an outstanding string at its price point. But it's simply incorrect to describe it as a high-powered multi.

davidahenry
08-20-2009, 08:29 PM

Yep - X-One is a very powerful multi. I strung it up last summer at 65 lbs. in a POG MP, and it was still way too powerful for my liking. It is very crisp though - nice "pop" to it.

My favorite multi is Babolat Xcel Power - great all around string, and I didn't think it was more powerful than X-One. (For far less money, try Babolat Addiction. While it is not quite as good as Xcel Power, IMO, it is definitely a better value at 1/2 the price.)

Take care.

DH