PDA

View Full Version : Which cheap/expensive hybrid combo will be better?

gameboy
08-20-2009, 04:36 PM
What kind of cheap/expensive hybrid combo will perform better?

For example, I go the route of getting a cheap poly for the mains and get expensive crosses like VS gut.

Or is it better to go get an expensive poly like Lux Alu and get cheap crosses like Prince Synthetic?

Which one do you think will perform better?

murrmanfan13
08-20-2009, 05:01 PM
all opinion, but vs gut is much more expensive than rough, bad comparison. how about you get a compromise. a good multi like x-1 which is close to gut, and a good poly like kirsh PL2 which is as good or better to rough...

Supracool94
08-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Murrmanfan13 is correct, go with a good multi like X-1 or Gamma Pro and use MSV Hex (one of the least expensive co-polys that plays great!)

Jimmyk459
08-20-2009, 07:43 PM
the best is gamma asterisk tour on the mains with luxilon big banger alu power. I like the ice color strings just because they are cool. You get all of the spin, durability and ability to rip at the ball because of the luxilon and you have some feel and easiness on the arm because of the asterisk.

Try it, it is perfect for people who want to try a poly string without all of the negative side effects.

tennis_pr0
08-20-2009, 07:53 PM
It depends on what you are looking for. When you say better, you can't really define whats better because different combos produce different types of feel. Can you be more specific to what you are looking for, and perhaps I could give you a recommendation to what I think would satisfy you the most.

murrmanfan13
08-20-2009, 07:54 PM
that indeed sounds like a good combo. ive been wanting to try asterisk for awhile

adding onto Supra,
MSV, Topspin Cyberflash and SPPP are all good quality for a more affordable price. PL2 isnt really much cheaper i just like it :).

Pro Supex Big Ace is a very cheap alternative also, the price is good, but i think it might be slightly sub-par in direct comparison to those other top co-polys.

coyfish
08-20-2009, 08:07 PM
I think its criminal to get expensive gut and waste it with a bad cross or main.

murrmanfan13
08-20-2009, 08:17 PM
its not criminal, its FBI wanted list.