PDA

View Full Version : The Nike Ballistic 1.3

Yoh
08-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Im deciding between this and the Vapors... i used to use the Vs but they are worn now...

i tried the ballistic in the nike shop a few days ago... 1/2 size down... they were quite comfy and soft.... but i felt the heel was not "locked" properly... is this normal? like they would be able to slide ... up a bit...

and overall, how is the shoe?

Dark Knight
08-22-2009, 04:43 AM
I had the same experience, the heel not feeling secure enough, so I chose the vapor VI. It might feel stiff at first, but after wearing it for a few days, they're quite comfy now, but not as much as the ballistecs.:)

Toad
08-22-2009, 04:59 AM
i felt the heel was not "locked" properly... is this normal? like they would be able to slide ... up a bit...

and overall, how is the shoe?

I don't know i this is a normal problem per se, but I also had this problem with this shoe. Take a look at this thread http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=278494
post #3 for something that will probably fix that problem. Also, after about a week once the shoes are broken in, you probably won't have this problem.

The only other tennis shoe I have worn recently is the New Balance 803s, so I can only compare these shoes to those. I find the New Balance 803s to be a much better fit for me, and they are more comfortable, but a tad less durable and there is no 6-month guarantee on those shoes. Personally I will probably not purchase these shoes again, but that is not because they are a bad shoe, they just don't work very good for the way I wear my shoes out and don't fit my foot great.

murrmanfan13
08-22-2009, 05:39 AM
yeh i just got a pair of ballistics and the heel was loose, just tie your shoes well until it goes away. took me an hour of play and then they were perfect

zasr4325
08-25-2009, 03:24 AM
talking about the ballistecs. i know a lot of people who said that the colourways that nike did this year for the ballistecs and the vapors werent too great, which i agree with to a point. i was just browsing google images and saw a pair of ball's which had been colour inverted. i turned the inversion thing on in my mac (ctrl+alt+cmd+8) , and then googled nike ball's, and saw like a dozen better colourways they could have done instead...
just try it and you'll see what i mean, post some pics if you can, cos i dont know how