PDA

View Full Version : Worst/Most hated band

vkartikv
08-22-2009, 11:11 AM
So there are plenty of threads about your fav. band but which is your most hated/disliked? Mine is Nirvana because it put an end to 80s music and personally, grunge sucks and everything else that has come out since the 90s has only been getting worse and worse. No need to bash anyone here, music is all individual taste and perception.

Underhand
08-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Pink Floyd

Breaker
08-22-2009, 12:30 PM
I hate U2.

I like a few Nirvana songs but for the most part they anger me.

Never really got into Pink Floyd.

Nonentity
08-22-2009, 01:00 PM
So there are plenty of threads about your fav. band but which is your most hated/disliked? Mine is Nirvana because it put an end to 80s music and personally, grunge sucks and everything else that has come out since the 90s has only been getting worse and worse. No need to bash anyone here, music is all individual taste and perception.

I agree, Nirvana is a pretty bad band. If it wasn't for MTV kurt cobain would still be skulking around Seattle, eating out of trash cans. But give Grunge a chance...

Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Screaming Trees
Pearl Jam
Silverchair
Stone temple pilots (1st two albums)

Are you saying these bands suck?

If you think today's music sucks, turn off the radio and discover some new bands.

My least favorite band would have to be Nickleback. they wrote one good song, and then made 100 identical ones.

SempreSami
08-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Arctic Monkeys or the Beatles.

NickC
08-22-2009, 01:11 PM
I agree, Nirvana is a pretty bad band. If it wasn't for MTV kurt cobain would still be skulking around Seattle, eating out of trash cans. But give Grunge a chance...

Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Screaming Trees
Pearl Jam
Silverchair

If you think today's music sucks, turn off the radio and discover some new bands.

My least favorite band would have to be Nickleback. they wrote one good song, and then made 100 identical ones.

I wouldn't say Pearl Jam was grunge, more of a hard alternative rock, IMO.

Giggs The Red Devil
08-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Led Zeppelin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrp2N_i7Axk

GS
08-22-2009, 01:29 PM
U2 was always somehow the critics choice over the years. Huh? My theory is that there was no other big band to choose from, since they had decent record sales from a public that had no other big band to choose from....
And those Red Hot Chilli Peppers? I'm a big rock fan and I don't like ANY of their songs. Yes, Flea is a great bass player, but that's about it.

SempreSami
08-22-2009, 01:32 PM
U2 were great before Bono started saying we all had to do something about poverty while wearing an expensive suit and sunglasses (does he ever take those off?).

ilovecarlos
08-22-2009, 01:57 PM

Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Screaming Trees
Pearl Jam
Silverchair

Nope...I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain would still be dead....

VivalaVida
08-22-2009, 02:03 PM
U2 were great before Bono started saying we all had to do something about poverty while wearing an expensive suit and sunglasses (does he ever take those off?).
Nah, not in public.He has extremely sensitive eyes. He says if someone takes a flash picture without him wearing his glasses, his eyes are puffed up for hours.

Underhand
08-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Nah, not in public.He has extremely sensitive eyes. He says if someone takes a flash picture without him wearing his glasses, his eyes are puffed up for hours.

Too much Guinness?

SempreSami
08-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Probably due to prolonged use of sunglasses, he was fine back in teh 80s it seems.

SlapShot
08-22-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm going to add a vote for Red Hot Chili Peppers. They seem to be playing a joke on the entire music community now - "let's see how much non-music we can make, and simply say California as many times as possible, and see if people will buy it."

Tremendously talented rhythm section, but Anthony Kiedis (sp?) needs to stop writing lyrics.

Topspin24
08-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Wow this is really surprising, people are showing dislike for really popular bands. The Op asked for the most hated band...nearly all of these bands listed are really well liked and popular.

SlapShot
08-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Wow this is really surprising, people are showing dislike for really popular bands. The Op asked for the most hated band...nearly all of these bands listed are really well liked and popular.

Actually, the OP asked for your most disliked band. And record sales =/= talent or songwriting. There is no accounting for taste, after all.

adams_1
08-22-2009, 04:54 PM

Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Screaming Trees
Pearl Jam
Silverchair

Bandwagon jumpers, Silverchair especially.

You want Green River, Mother Love Bone etc. instead of that.

NotSoSuper
08-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Jonas Brothers.

rafaelnadalfan1234
08-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Jonas Brothers.

agreed
(ten)

T1000
08-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Led Zepplin (way over played)
Queen (see above)
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (never got into them)

ronalditop
08-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Jonas brothers would have never been popular if it wasnt because of all those dumb little kids that worship them and treat them like gods.

~ZoSo~
08-22-2009, 05:39 PM
U2 with coldplay a close 2nd.

ronalditop
08-22-2009, 05:41 PM
forgot about coldplay. His first album was ok, then it went downhill. All his new songs are garbage.

~ZoSo~
08-22-2009, 06:30 PM

Do you believe that?

VivalaVida
08-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Do you believe that?
Not at all. :D Just saying what Bono said.

darkestlights
08-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Jonas Brothers *facepalm*. Why are they even on radio?!

heycal
08-22-2009, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't say Pearl Jam was grunge, more of a hard alternative rock, IMO.

Whatver they are, they suck. But not as much as...

those Red Hot Chilli Peppers

I also notice a lot of U2 bashing here. I'm not saying I like them either, but someone must given their enduring popularity. Who are the U2 fans then?

Jsa2u
08-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Led zep is way overrated, just a copy of The 13th Floor Elevators.

JoshDragon
08-22-2009, 08:12 PM

Never really listened to Nirvana. How did they put an end to 80s music?!

Oh, I think U2 and Rod Sewer are pretty bad.

VivalaVida
08-22-2009, 08:15 PM
forgot about coldplay. His first album was ok, then it went downhill. All his new songs are garbage.
I disagree but to each his own.

dParis
08-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Neil Young.

Sometimes when I have a strong, negative initial reaction to something (music for example), it ends up becoming a favorite of mine; more so than many songs/bands I really liked at first listen. This transformation never occurred with Neil Young. The music and his voice/falsetto never grew on me. When his music comes on the radio it instantly kills any good vibe that may have been happening; like a turd in the punchbowl. And that electronic crap he came out with in the 80's is an abomination to music. On occasion, my brother and I pull it up on youtube for a good laugh.

jamesblakefan#1
08-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Page 2 and no one's said Nickelback yet? Wow...

Deuce
08-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Worst/Most hated band

^ The TW kind.

I, myself, been only band one time, long time ago - I lernd my lesson - but others band more then me.
Sometimes its, like, ok, and justifyed, I guess - but its just a negative thing when people can get band in a place.

dParis
08-22-2009, 09:25 PM

No worries. It's covered.

Even though I can't name one song or even imagine a melody from either band, Silverchair and Nickelback are interchangeable in my mind. Silver Nickel? Chair Back? Maybe.

Off to youtube for a few minutes to remind myself what bad is all about...

Okay, back from youtube. Eww, that was bad!

Weren't people ga-ga over the fact that the boys in Silverchair were like, 9 years old when they first became popular?

Nickelback? That's almost funny-bad. I was going to ask if Creed had morphed into Nickelback but that would be too much of an insult, even for Creed.

avengaar
08-22-2009, 09:40 PM

I hate nickleback so much ty for reminding me

Terr
08-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Fall Out Boy.

I hate them. Pete Wentz is an ugly chimp with no bass skills whatsover who spews out witty babble and passes it off as music.

And why don't the titles of their songs have anything to do with the actual song?

Panic At the Disco. They are guilty by association and also stole most of the material on their first album from Chuck Palaniuk books as well as the movie Closer. In fact... Fall Out Boy stole lines from that movie too.

They should all be shot for crimes against music and copyright laws.

vkartikv
08-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Worst/Most hated band

^ The TW kind.

I, myself, been only band one time, long time ago - I lernd my lesson - but others band more then me.
Sometimes its, like, ok, and justifyed, I guess - but its just a negative thing when people can get band in a place.

Such posts can get you band :)

Deuce
08-23-2009, 12:31 AM
Are you saying that Bono is a phony, egotistical hypocrite?

Come on - Bono?...

himynameisNIKE
08-23-2009, 02:22 AM
most definetly the jonas brothers

SFrazeur
08-23-2009, 02:22 AM
I do not care or "Band Music" in general.

SF

SempreSami
08-23-2009, 04:15 AM

Coldplay are a band, contrary to how Chris Martin would have you believe.

AAAA
08-23-2009, 05:21 AM
Are you saying that Bono is a phony, egotistical hypocrite?

Come on - Bono?...

In one print article I recall he was referred to as the extremely self-appreciative Bono. Don't know if it's true or not but it cracked me up.

Terr
08-23-2009, 05:27 AM
most definetly the jonas brothers

That just goes without saying.

heycal
08-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Neil Young.

Is it possible the only song of his you're familiar with is "Let's roll?"

SempreSami
08-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Neil Young.

Sometimes when I have a strong, negative initial reaction to something (music for example), it ends up becoming a favorite of mine; more so than many songs/bands I really liked at first listen. This transformation never occurred with Neil Young. The music and his voice/falsetto never grew on me. When his music comes on the radio it instantly kills any good vibe that may have been happening; like a turd in the punchbowl. And that electronic crap he came out with in the 80's is an abomination to music. On occasion, my brother and I pull it up on youtube for a good laugh.

Get out. :evil:

dave333
08-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Jonas Brothers.

+100...they are also literally hated by everyone in the world except pre-pubescent girls.

FastFreddy
08-23-2009, 09:50 AM
The worst band I have see play was clutch!

~ZoSo~
08-23-2009, 01:02 PM

Uh, who? 10 char

Dedans Penthouse
08-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Don't HATE ...... "em"

"Worst" struck a chord......."HATED" resonnated....

HATED????????.......what the hell??????

The opposite of love is hot hate; it's indifference.

Granted, you may "hate" that particular band/artist.....but whatever....that band apprently struck a 'chord'

The band you'd describe as "hate?" ......... THAT's the band I wouldn't want to reside in your heart-of heart's.

Music.....Love.......Food......

"most HATED?"

tudwell
08-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Definitely Nickelback.

Xtreme
08-23-2009, 02:47 PM
coldplay
jonas bros
nickelback
fallout boy ( goodness i hate them)

Birke
08-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Punk Emo and Screamer bands as well as Disney products such as Jonas Bros. and Hannah Montana

mhstennis100
08-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Rancid. Saw them live at the Rise Against concert. I almost cried with joy when they stopped. Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Seether, Three Days Grace, etc. all suck.

SystemicAnomaly
08-23-2009, 04:48 PM

Funny little guy.

SystemicAnomaly
08-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Didn't appreciate Nirvana til I heard a Tori Amos cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit. When I could actually hear the lyrics, I could appreciate Kurt's writing.

MegacedU
08-23-2009, 05:04 PM
I think Daughtry is pretty freakin' terrible. Every song sounds exactly the same.

angharad
08-23-2009, 06:12 PM
I think Daughtry is pretty freakin' terrible. Every song sounds exactly the same.

And every song sounds exactly like Nickelback. I have to wonder how terrible a band has to be to actually copy one of Nickelback's songs. :confused:

MegacedU
08-23-2009, 06:31 PM
And every song sounds exactly like Nickelback. I have to wonder how terrible a band has to be to actually copy one of Nickelback's songs. :confused:

Haha, Are we facebook friends or something? I had a status that said the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago.

ubermeyer
08-23-2009, 06:35 PM

cannibal corpse, smoosh

CanadianChic
08-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Jonas brothers would have never been popular if it wasnt because of all those dumb little kids that worship them and treat them like gods.

The same could be said for Miley Cyrus, Britany Spears, The Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, and countless other untalented wonders out there.

Who said Coldplay? I like em'! Personally, my one pick would be The Beatles. Yes...I said it. The Beatles.

Steady Eddy
08-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Who said Coldplay? I like em'! Personally, my one pick would be The Beatles. Yes...I said it. The Beatles.
I gotcha. But, you oughta say 'why'. I mean, they were so popular. Or is that it? No one deserves to be that popular, and it made people believe that even efforts such as "Yellow Submarine" were stellar.

dParis
08-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Is it possible the only song of his you're familiar with is "Let's roll?"
Impossible.

Do this; put your headphones on and cue up Trans. You'll be pulling out your own teeth in no time.

I could go on...

CanadianChic
08-23-2009, 08:12 PM
I gotcha. But, you oughta say 'why'. I mean, they were so popular. Or is that it? No one deserves to be that popular, and it made people believe that even efforts such as "Yellow Submarine" were stellar.

It wasn't that they were so popular, but that I honestly feel their music was sub par. The music was shifting in that era and the Beatles were a group that people could relate to and rebel against the bubble gum pop they had been listening to until then. If you listen to the lyrics of the majority of their songs, they were unsensical (and that was pre drugs when all their music was out in left field). Then they started to become retrospective and artistic which I found to be ostentatious and pretentious. My opinion.

heycal
08-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Impossible.

Do this; put your headphones on and cue up Trans. You'll be pulling out your own teeth in no time.

I could go on...

Are you familiar with After the Gold Rush, or Harvest Moon, et al? Just wondering...

Don't know what Trans is, which reminds of a new thread rule: if I don't know the band, no one is allowed to mention them in this thread! I don't know who all these Nickleback type come-and-go bands are, so for now on, only bands heycal is familiar with, which generally means older and more famous bands. Got it kids?

Except I do know Miley Cyrus, 'cause I've been forced to listen to a CD of hers several times in the last few weeks. Couple of catchy numbers actually...

heycal
08-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Didn't appreciate Nirvana til I heard a Tori Amos cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit. When I could actually hear the lyrics, I could appreciate Kurt's writing.

Yeah, they are actually sort of talented, I must admit. That "apology" whatever song is excellent.

Contrast them with Pearl Jam. Completely unmemorable garbage. The opposite of 'catchy'.

maverick66
08-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Contrast them with Pearl Jam. Completely unmemorable garbage. The opposite of 'catchy'.

I can name about 10 songs off the top of my head by Pearl Jam that i think are amazing. Once again its personal feelings on music but they are in no way overrated.

heycal
08-23-2009, 08:36 PM
I can name about 10 songs off the top of my head by Pearl Jam that i think are amazing. Once again its personal feelings on music but they are in no way overrated.

I'm not sure I said they were overrrated, since I think it's generally understand by most people of taste that Pearl Jam is not very good or interesting.

I think I'd rather listen to that Miley Cyrus album than any of their stuff...

dParis
08-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Are you familiar with After the Gold Rush, or Harvest Moon, et al? Just wondering...
Yup. Like I said, he's a buzzkill. I wouldn't walk across the street to see him play.

Don't know what Trans is,...
It is an album by Neil Young.

Is it possible the only song of his you're familiar with is "Let's roll?":???:

vandre
08-23-2009, 08:50 PM
i hate the bands that ppl are always trying to shove down my throat (coldplay>still don't get the piano thing/ what the !@#$@#$~@# are you billy @#$~#T$#~%~@#$#@$@!$ joel????? :evil:) as well as the garbage radio always plays (nickelback). i hate the disney garbage (Jonas bros., hannah montana). i hate 80s rush (after they neutered alex lifeson). i hate college radio. i hate dave matthews. i really hate nirvana. i can't stand to listen to yngwie malmstein. i hate bands that don't groove. dream theatre drives me crazy. i hated boybands and girlbands with a fiery passion which threatened to consume my soul (you shouldn't be called a band unless you can play instruments!).

say what you want about the beatles and zep, but at least they were "real" (ie not fabricated) bands who could actually write music and play their own instruments.

maverick66
08-23-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure I said they were overrrated, since I think it's generally understand by most people of taste that Pearl Jam is not very good or interesting.

I think I'd rather listen to that Miley Cyrus album than any of their stuff...

Well i feel that the beatles, rolling stones, and U2 all suck. Have never enjoyed any of there music and most of my friends dont care for them either so does that mean they all suck?

Enjoy your Miley Cyrus music but to say a band is bad because you dont enjoy it is just dumb.

heycal
08-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Well i feel that the beatles, rolling stones, and U2 all suck. Have never enjoyed any of there music and most of my friends dont care for them either so does that mean they all suck?

It means you and your friend are morons. The Beatles and the Rolling Stones hardly suck. Think of them as like the Federer and Nadal of rock and roll. Then think of Pearl Jam as like the Paul Goldstein of rock and roll.

So.. given this, you are saying that Paul Goldstein is great, while Federer and Nadal suck. Is that what you're saying, Maverick????

maverick66
08-23-2009, 10:23 PM
When will you figure out that music is all personal taste. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to music. Your brain does function at a level high enough to understand that right?

heycal
08-23-2009, 10:46 PM
When will you figure out that music is all personal taste. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to music.

Well, I guess it's kind of like this: my daughter would rather watch "The Sisterhood of the traveling Pants" than "Citizen Kane". Is she "wrong"? No. Does she have good taste in movies? No...

So, Maverick, you are free to continue thinking "Sisterhood of the traveling pants" is a great movie. Go buy yourself the DVD already!

TenniseaWilliams
08-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Paul Goldstein rocks.

adams_1
08-23-2009, 11:23 PM

You sir are an absolute pillock.

heycal
08-23-2009, 11:33 PM

This made me laugh since I have absolutely no idea what a "pillock" is. But I'm thinking it's not good.:)

adams_1
08-23-2009, 11:56 PM
This made me laugh since I have absolutely no idea what a "pillock" is. But I'm thinking it's not good.:)

Pillock is my favourite insult in the whole wide world for that very reason - it sounds amusing and is almost impossible to use with any sort of real malice or anger.

SystemicAnomaly
08-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Paul Goldstein rocks.

FYI - Paul G retired from pro tennis in early 2008 and is working for an emerging fuel cell company in the South Bay Area.

hb_hound
08-24-2009, 04:52 AM
I would say most bands from the '90s

am22fcw
08-24-2009, 08:44 AM
another vote for the jonas brothers and the beatles. Never knew exactly why i hated the beatles. most of their songs just annoy the crap out of me =)

OroDeSantoro
08-24-2009, 08:51 AM
G.G. Allin = worst of all time
If you've never witnessed him, you should probably keep it that way...

dParis
08-24-2009, 08:53 AM
G.G. Allin = worst of all time
If you've never witnessed him, you should probably keep it that way...
Did he ever commit suicide on stage as he promised?

maverick66
08-24-2009, 09:01 AM

He just seeks attention. Its a constant on this board that heycal will not make a good point ever but will argue enough to get attention.

Claudius
08-24-2009, 09:20 AM
My vote goes to the Fray....absolute crap. I think Nirvana is an acquired taste, so to those of you who think their music is crap you'll eventually like them if you keep listening more and more.

Also, I don't get the hatred toward Coldplay. They're probably the best current mainstream band.

jmverdugo
08-24-2009, 06:54 PM
It took me a while, I didnt wanted to post on this thread but I just remembered a couple of bands that, eventhough I do not hate them, I really really dislike them: WASP and Def Leppard.

VivalaVida
08-24-2009, 07:26 PM
My vote goes to the Fray....absolute crap. I think Nirvana is an acquired taste, so to those of you who think their music is crap you'll eventually like them if you keep listening more and more.

Also, I don't get the hatred toward Coldplay. They're probably the best current mainstream band.

Absolutely. I agree completely. Coldplay gets a lot of heat but yet they continue to achieve success.. :neutral:

flyinghippos101
08-24-2009, 09:03 PM
When will you figure out that music is all personal taste. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to music. Your brain does function at a level high enough to understand that right?

Wait, weren't you saying the complete opposite when I said Queen was overrated?

SempreSami
08-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Yup. Like I said, he's a buzzkill. I wouldn't walk across the street to see him play.

It is an album by Neil Young.

:???:

Ever heard Down by the River, Mr Soul or Ohio?

~ZoSo~
08-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Absolutely. I agree completely. Coldplay gets a lot of heat but yet they continue to achieve success.. :neutral:

Its all completely subjective isnt it? Pretty impossible to prove who is a great band and who isnt. Even with millions of album sales, there will always be detractors. Many people dont like led zep even though they sold hundreds of millions of records, and they are entitled to dislike them.
Hope that was ok for you viva, the post contained more than 5 words anyway. :)

Ben42
08-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Gotta go with Toby Keith here.

fps
08-25-2009, 09:53 AM
any of the indie landfill bands that have clogged up the music industry over here in britain. you could listen to a compilation cd of 12 different bands without knowing it was more than one group of people.

dParis
08-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Ever heard Down by the River, Mr Soul or Ohio?
River and Soul, not by name. Maybe by tune. Ohio, of course. I've heard Neil Young songs for more than 25 years - I'm not going to suddenly start liking him because someone turned me on to some of his "gems" that I might have missed.

VivalaVida
08-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Its all completely subjective isnt it? Pretty impossible to prove who is a great band and who isnt. Even with millions of album sales, there will always be detractors. Many people dont like led zep even though they sold hundreds of millions of records, and they are entitled to dislike them.
Hope that was ok for you viva, the post contained more than 5 words anyway. :)
I agree. I never said that people didnt have the right to dislike them. Music taste is entirely subjective. I might have exaggerated when I said "5 words". :lol:

maddogz32
08-25-2009, 03:08 PM
the Beatles.

you must be crazy. the beatles is one of the greatest bands of all time

Breaker
08-25-2009, 06:35 PM
New candidate, whoever sings that "Say what you need to say" song. I have to listen to that at least 4 times a day at work and it is absolutely horrible, whoever thought that song would be a good idea and worse whoever actually buys that tripe deserves to have their eardrums removed.

Tyrus
08-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Country music hurts my brain.

The majority of 80's music is ridiculously uncomfortable.

Pop music today is absolute garbage.

I wish i had lived in the 70's.

Tyrus
08-25-2009, 07:06 PM
and for the nickelback haters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs4tNeGyTyI&feature=related

Same rhythm, same hooks, probably in the same key too.

maverick66
08-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Wait, weren't you saying the complete opposite when I said Queen was overrated?

Queen is the one band that everyone can enjoy. How dare you question Freddie Mercury's awesomeness.

Antonio Puente
08-26-2009, 12:13 AM
Well, I guess it's kind of like this: my daughter would rather watch "The Sisterhood of the traveling Pants" than "Citizen Kane". Is she "wrong"? No. Does she have good taste in movies? No...

Citizen Kane is overrated. It's usually the first title to come from the mouth of someone who knows very little about cinema and nothing about international cinema. Some list somewhere told you it was great, so you say it's great. I can name 10 better American movies from the early 1940's.

VivalaVida
08-26-2009, 12:21 AM
I hate The Smiths.

Antonio Puente
08-26-2009, 12:21 AM
I never liked cartoonish British-style punk rock like the Sex Pistols. It's just simple-minded stupidity. Pre-mohawk-style American punk rock was much better.

heycal
08-26-2009, 12:43 AM
Citizen Kane is overrated. It's usually the first title to come from the mouth of someone who knows very little about cinema and nothing about international cinema. Some list somewhere told you it was great, so you say it's great. I can name 10 better American movies from the early 1940's.

No you can't. What you apparently can do, though, is say that "Citizen Kane" is overrated, which is the first thing to come from the mouth of a person who thinks they know American film because they took a film class last year with the 'hip' professor on campus, or they fancy themselves too cool to admit that the conventional wisdom is spot on in this case.

Kind of like the people in this thread who are bad-mouthing the
"Beatles" actually...

aphex
08-26-2009, 12:44 AM
U2
Coldplay
Nofx, Badreligion And All The Other Kiddie Punk Bands

Breaker
08-26-2009, 12:46 AM
I hate The Smiths.

Sacrilege.

VivalaVida
08-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Sacrilege.
:(:(:(. Too bad this isnt an appropriate time to bring out that crying gif. :lol: or is it......

aphex
08-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Sacrilege.

+1

UNBELIEVABLE!!

(ACTUALLY QUITE BELIEVABLE, I CAN SEE HOW SOMEONE CAN HATE THE SMITHS....BUT I LOVE THEM!!)

edit: didn't mean to shout:)

Deuce
08-26-2009, 02:20 AM
Country music hurts my brain.

The majority of 80's music is ridiculously uncomfortable.

Pop music today is absolute garbage.

I wish i had lived in the 70's.
There's nothing stopping you from listening to music of the '70s, and not listening to today's crap...

Tempest344
08-26-2009, 05:48 AM
probably any stuff nowadays...
eg you don't even have to be able to sing just about
with pitch control etc

coldplay gets a mention however, I thought U2 when I first heard them