PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to remove by Bumper Guard for Stringing?

Tennisrichmond
08-22-2009, 01:40 PM
I am planing to perform my first String job.

I need to string my Head Microgel Prestige Pro racquet. It has a Bumper Guard and the string "holes" are not very accessible. Do I need to use a clamp to make space between the bumper or is the Bumper Guard removable during stringing. I will appreciate any advise on how to deal with super tight Bumper Guards

star 5 15
08-22-2009, 03:01 PM
You dont take it off. You just have to suck it up and string it. lol.

pingu
08-22-2009, 03:06 PM
I do not play with the Prestige, but I don't think you have to remove it.

I'm sure there are others Prestige owners that can give you some tips here.

Good luck !

abenguyen
08-22-2009, 03:47 PM
no removal or expanding is necessary. the gaps are big enough so you can fit a string and when you pull tension, the side where some of the string is sitting above the grommet will 'snap' into it so that the grommet/bumper guard will cover and conceal the string.

rich s
08-22-2009, 04:15 PM
no removal or expanding is necessary. the gaps are big enough so you can fit a string and when you pull tension, the side where some of the string is sitting above the grommet will 'snap' into it so that the grommet/bumper guard will cover and conceal the string.

this is correct.....do not remove the bumpers as they are part of the grommets......

you may need to use an awl to move the bumper so it's easier to see what's going on when you get down to the last few crosses and one or two of the holes is blocked by the mains but it is do-able.

abenguyen
08-22-2009, 06:17 PM
this is correct.....do not remove the bumpers as they are part of the grommets......

you may need to use an awl to move the bumper so it's easier to see what's going on when you get down to the last few crosses and one or two of the holes is blocked by the mains but it is do-able.

do-able yes, easy...no. those few last crosses do get a little difficult but patience and careful usage of the awl will get it done

goakka
08-23-2009, 02:40 AM
if you learn how to string a prestige then every other frame will seem easy

wyutani
08-23-2009, 02:48 AM
nope, dun need too...