PDA

View Full Version : $16,000 Pinarello Prince Shimano Di2

chess9
08-23-2009, 06:17 AM
http://glorycycles.blogspot.com/2009/05/pinarello-prince-di2-limited-edition-v2.html

The ultimate doctor/lawyer bike. ;)

-Robert

skyzoo
08-23-2009, 06:47 AM
http://glorycycles.blogspot.com/2009/05/pinarello-prince-di2-limited-edition-v2.html

The ultimate doctor/lawyer bike. ;)

-Robert
I don't even ride that much and that bike seems like a great investment after med school.

chess9
08-23-2009, 06:58 AM
Yes, but I'd be afraid I'd be having constant orgasms. ;)

-Robert

ollinger
08-23-2009, 07:11 AM
U-lock or armed guard?

YULitle
08-23-2009, 07:27 AM
Is the stem fused to the handlebar? :shock:

And if I'm paying that much, it needs to have the braking system integrated into the back part of the fork. :D

mtommer
08-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Huh, with integrated seat masts all the rage I'm surprised to see a more traditional saddle post. Although to be honest I like that better. Yeah, Pinarello is a darn fine bike.

AAAA
08-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Yes, but I'd be afraid I'd be having constant orgasms. ;)

-Robert

Are you a women? Is Robert short for Roberta or something?

FastFreddy
08-23-2009, 08:28 AM
That's a nice bike but for me I would rather have a Cervelo s3 with reg dura ace 28-11 gear with tune lightweight wheels 960 grams 12 spoke front 20 rear with conti competition 19mm tires, cinelli ram vrc bars, zero gravity brakes and a selle smp strike full carbon seat. The di2 shifting thing I was never into even years ago when mavic did it. My friend had it the thing died and he got forced into one gear for a nice ride home.

chess9
08-23-2009, 11:18 AM
That's a nice bike but for me I would rather have a Cervelo s3 with reg dura ace 28-11 gear with tune lightweight wheels 960 grams 12 spoke front 20 rear with conti competition 19mm tires, cinelli ram vrc bars, zero gravity brakes and a selle smp strike full carbon seat. The di2 shifting thing I was never into even years ago when mavic did it. My friend had it the thing died and he got forced into one gear for a nice ride home.

Well, the Di2 has gotten rave reviews. It was used in Le Tour de France and the riders raved about it, from what I've heard. It's just that it relies on batteries. ;) I love this bike, but I'm really old school. Just give me a steel Cinelli from 1980, and a 5 or 6 speed drive train and I'm fine. Less is more. Actually, come to think of it, I'd love to have my old 3Rensho back, but my mechanic tore the head tube apart trying to get the steerer out. :(

-Robert

chess9
08-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Are you a women? Is Robert short for Roberta or something?

I'd better be careful what I say after my posts in that thread on the South African 'girl'. ;)

-Robert(a?)

LafayetteHitter
08-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Beautiful, I just sold my F4:13.

mtommer
08-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Well, the Di2 has gotten rave reviews. It was used in Le Tour de France and the riders raved about it, from what I've heard. It's just that it relies on batteries.

Yeah, so far everything I've read about it has shown that many reviewers and riders are pleasantly surprised at just how good it is. Electronic shifting has come a long way from where it used to be. It's too bad I like the thumb levers on Campy.

And steel steeds are great although I do like Ti just as much.

FastFreddy
08-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Well, the Di2 has gotten rave reviews. It was used in Le Tour de France and the riders raved about it, from what I've heard. It's just that it relies on batteries. ;) I love this bike, but I'm really old school. Just give me a steel Cinelli from 1980, and a 5 or 6 speed drive train and I'm fine. Less is more. Actually, come to think of it, I'd love to have my old 3Rensho back, but my mechanic tore the head tube apart trying to get the steerer out. :(

-Robert

The big issue is the batteries, I would have to see this on a local riders bike to really check it out. I am old school like you with a 1984 team fuji 6 speed and a 1980 5 speed fuji. But todays bikes of 12 pounds and aero frames and forks and carbon aero tubular wheels blow away my steel Eddie Merckx mx leader with 32-36 spoke mavic wheels are like the dark ages.

I rode my 84 fuji until 1995 and got my mx leader and rode that until 2000 and bot a Merckx ti with a ti fork then went carbon fork and some lighter mavic wheels what a difference plus I went froma 8 speed to a 9 speed on my Merckx. Gave up my toe straps in 1995 and gave up my down the tube shifters in 2000. Hated to see them both go but shifting from the brake hoods is much safer and is better for shifting when climbing standing up.

The only bike I would like to try would be a full carbon aero frame like the cervelo R3 and the lightweight aero tubular 12 spoke front whell and the 20 spoke rear and a one piece bar and stem combo out of carbon. I had zipp z4 tubulars on my 2005 litespeed talk about riding faster. I needed these wheels to keep up with my Sat race team training ride 53 miles average 3 percent grade and I would average 20mph and be third from last rider out of a group of 30 riders.

maddogz32
08-25-2009, 05:12 PM
that bike looks crazy