PDA

View Full Version : Is the Prince O3 Hybrid Shark Midplus a tweener racquet or game improvement racquet?

jackie100
08-23-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm just curious to know...

I am looking for something I can grow with and I decided not to get an OS racquet even though I'm a beginner because I don't want to play recreationally, I want to practice and become a well-developed player and eventually play matches to win. I am self-employed and have a flexible schedule so I can play 5 days a week if my body can handle it.

I am just curious to know what type of a racquet the Prince O3 Hybrid Shark Midplus is considered? I would think it leans more towards tweener but with some slight game improvement (power) but not "granny stick" due to the 100 sq inch head, is that right?

Is this a good racquet for a beginner who wants to learn proper form/strokes? Or would the Prince 03 White be a better choice?

My main goal is to become a good player technically, not just to hit back and forth once a week for fun. I need a serious hobby and I have lots of time to devote it.

meowmix
08-23-2009, 08:18 AM
The O3 Hybrid Shark MP is a nice stick for a beginner. It'll be a nice stick to groove some strokes on.

As for classification, it rests firmly in the tweener category.

jackie100
08-23-2009, 08:39 AM
thank you...

Meaghan
08-23-2009, 09:46 AM
I think the shark and the whites are all good rackets, all very similar in spec and a racket that will help you a little as well as you needing to put the groundwork in. Pros like jankovic use the heavier speedport pro white (the best out of the bunch IMO, better HL combination and more control, slightly heavier so steadier than the others) and isner the lighter speedport white.
Si if you're fit and strong enough I'd go for the speedport pro white.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-SP03PW.html