PDA

View Full Version : Head TK76 ...

Orion
08-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Is on the pallet of a Radical FXP Tour I have. Is this a standard part number for head pallets?

Lphansen
08-23-2009, 11:31 AM
No, the tk 76 pallets are of older origin..
The newer ones are labelled tk 82 - almost same shape but a bit longer if you buy them in "loose weight" !
Hold on to your tk 76 - they are getting harder to come by !

Regards lphansen

Orion
08-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the info. I bought em from my local shop when they came out (a customer didn't like them and I got a good deal on them). The buttcaps had been replaced so I couldn't tell wether they were Made in China or Austria.

kashgotmoney
08-23-2009, 02:36 PM
orion, all head rackets are smaller than stated... is the tour version of the lexpoint really 100 or is it smaller?

Orion
08-23-2009, 06:06 PM
orion, all head rackets are smaller than stated... is the tour version of the lexpoint really 100 or is it smaller?

I haven't put it side by side with the YT Rad Pro but it seems like it is smaller than the stated 100 sq in. I went from the FXP Radical Tour to the Babolat PDR Cortex and the FXP Rad Tour was definitely smaller than the PDR. When I got the YT Rad Pro first thing I noticed was the head size..it looked larger than the previous Pro versions of the Radical.

I'll put em on top of each other tomorrow and post results. Two hours playing yesterday and 3 today. I can't even move to go soak in the tub now.

NoNameZ
08-23-2009, 07:49 PM
glad you like the Rads. I used to use the FXP Rad Tour, but I moved backwards in time to the Trisys 260. I think the FXP is sitting in somewhere in my closet. How's the YT Rad Pro?

Orion
08-24-2009, 10:03 AM
I wasn't a fan of the FXP. I played with the Zebra 260's is high school and never got comfy with the feel of the FXP. I always played with an OS and this was my first MP frame. Nothing to rave about, a bad combination. I never tried customizing them or anything was really just holding on to them as a momento of Andre's last PJ'd frames he played at the 06 Open, even though they're not the OS.

I'm loving the YT. I'm coming off a wrist injury and am just starting to feel comfy taking big cuts at the ball without cringing and parying that I don't feel pain on contact. The last 4 days I've been pain-free. IMO it's the best volleying Radical (coming from a camping baseliner). It's definitely larger than 100sq in.