PDA

View Full Version : natural gut and multi hybrid

SoCal10s
08-23-2009, 09:05 AM
has anyone try natural gut and multi hybrid? what's you're thoughts?

strongman
08-23-2009, 01:57 PM
not yet tried but eager to know. my guess is very close to all gut stringbed.

Steve Huff
08-23-2009, 03:51 PM
I have Klip Legend 16 (mains) and Alpha Prodigy 16 in one racket at the present, and Klip Legend 16 and Head Fibergel Power 16 in one racket now. They play similarly and I think both are excellent values for the money. I like the Prodigy a little better. I've used Pro Supex Maxim Touch 16 before too. It lasted a little longer but I didn't think it played quite as well (not as much feel).

LPShanet
08-23-2009, 10:34 PM
has anyone try natural gut and multi hybrid? what's you're thoughts?

If you put the gut in the mains, it plays fairly close to a full gut job, but with 30% savings per racquet.

rasajadad
08-24-2009, 04:55 AM
I have used nat gut mains with the following multis in the crosses:
Technifibre X1 and NRG
PSGM
Pro Supex Maxim Touch

I've also used PSGD and Gosen OG Sheep.

To be honest I can't tell too much of a difference. They all last me a long time and play about the same.

SoCal10s
08-24-2009, 09:07 AM
If you put the gut in the mains, it plays fairly close to a full gut job, but with 30% savings per racquet.

OK,Thanks.. I gotta give it a try...

Keifers
08-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Technifibre X1 and NRG
PSGM
Pro Supex Maxim Touch

To be honest I can't tell too much of a difference. They all last me a long time and play about the same.
That's very interesting -- and good to know. :)

I've tended to use syn gut crosses (Gosen JC 17, Bab Conquest 17 or 18) with gut mains. And been very happy with the results.

strongman
08-24-2009, 09:47 AM
That's a good finding. I am going to use cheaper syn gut as cross while natural gut as main. It helps me to save money without losing natural gut playabilities.

Technifibre X1 and NRG
PSGM
Pro Supex Maxim Touch