PDA

View Full Version : Pro’s Pro Comet Chrome

Hankenstein
08-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Well, i tried the Proīs Pro art of war and it was ok, but i normally donīt like the prestige rackets, so i have decided to try another frame from Proīs Pro,,

This time itīs a copy of Wilsonīs 95 sq inch Pro Staff 6,1 mold,,

http://www.arfaian.com/productimages_large/1083.gif

Weight unstrung 332 grams,, balance 32 cm (donīt know if thatīs strung or unstrung though,,)

Anyone of u europeans who have tried this frame?

NoNameZ
08-23-2009, 09:13 AM
that's an interesting frame. the paintjob is certainly something. was the art of war really similar to the prestiges?

Hankenstein
08-23-2009, 09:19 AM
that's an interesting frame. the paintjob is certainly something. was the art of war really similar to the prestiges?

Well, my friend that normally use the Prestige MG MP said they was pretty similar, but the Art of War was a fraction more head heavy and a much softer flex.

cellofaan
08-23-2009, 10:45 AM
The problem with these rackets is, you can't demo them (around here atleast), which is an issue, since the info on their website is very limited, and there's no review to be found anywhere on the net, except yours now. So choosing a frame is more or less a wild guess.

Interested to hearing how it compares to the wilson and the art of war.

Are you planning on trying more of their rackets?

NoNameZ
08-23-2009, 11:14 AM
that reminds me, what did you do with the art of war?

Hankenstein
08-23-2009, 12:28 PM
The problem with these rackets is, you can't demo them (around here atleast), which is an issue, since the info on their website is very limited, and there's no review to be found anywhere on the net, except yours now. So choosing a frame is more or less a wild guess.

I will try the Chrome and then thatīs it,, The indoor season with a lot of tournaments and the 2 Swedish ITF Future events are coming up and i donīt want to loose all touch with my regular Babolats.

The tests i do with those proīs pro frames are more for my interest in tennis-rackets and if i can recommend them for friends and other players. They are so cheap in price itīs no big loss to test them and then sell them used.

If I , for example, would like the feel of any of the frames I could buy 5 of them for the same money as 1 Babolat,, so there is a big saving if any of them are competitive enough.

Hankenstein
08-23-2009, 12:30 PM
that reminds me, what did you do with the art of war?

I sent it to a friend in another town here in Sweden that tried it for 2 hours and he liked it very much. See the art of war thread (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=279205&page=3)

Danstevens
08-23-2009, 12:42 PM

Despite not being able to demo them, they aren't too expensive to buy so the risk isn't as great as with other brands.

I'm going to be buying some Art of Wars very soon but I'm also really interested in the rest of the Pro's Pro frames. The paintjob the Comet Chrome has just looks awesome - any chance you'll post a review of how it plays?

Also, could anybody give a complete list of the moulds that Pro's Pro frames seem to come from? I know that a couple are similar to the Babolat PDs but other than that, I'm generally rubbish at telling.

Genesys
08-23-2009, 01:00 PM
I want to test a Pros' Pro frame which would look like a Pro Staff (the one of Gaudio and another one, 18X20)
Do you know some ?

cellofaan
08-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Despite not being able to demo them, they aren't too expensive to buy so the risk isn't as great as with other brands.

I'm going to be buying some Art of Wars very soon but I'm also really interested in the rest of the Pro's Pro frames. The paintjob the Comet Chrome has just looks awesome - any chance you'll post a review of how it plays?

Also, could anybody give a complete list of the moulds that Pro's Pro frames seem to come from? I know that a couple are similar to the Babolat PDs but other than that, I'm generally rubbish at telling.
They are relatively cheap, but still up to 75 euros for the 'control' frames. And it's quite difficult to sell them on for a fair price, since nobody knows the brand.

Hankenstein
08-23-2009, 11:59 PM
They are relatively cheap, but still up to 75 euros for the 'control' frames. And it's quite difficult to sell them on for a fair price, since nobody knows the brand.

Their most expensive frame is this one; http://www.arfaian.com/default.asp?ArtNr=1085

Their players frames range from 30-45 euros.

martinrousev
08-24-2009, 12:51 AM
I was looking at their list of racquets. Does anyone know which racquets the following copy?

Pro’s Pro Super Graphite 2.7 (http://www.arfaian.com/default.asp?ArtNr=2417)
Pro’s Pro Synergy (http://www.arfaian.com/default.asp?ArtNr=1084)
Pro’s Pro ZX 500 (http://www.arfaian.com/default.asp?ArtNr=2641)

Thanks.

cellofaan
08-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Their most expensive frame is this one; http://www.arfaian.com/default.asp?ArtNr=1085

Their players frames range from 30-45 euros.

Wow. In the Benelux, most of their products are about 50% more expensive.
The comet chrome for example costs 74,95, shipping excluded.

Pet
08-24-2009, 04:00 AM
I bought 2 vendettas v.3 and there are 34 grms. of diference behind the two. :confused: I think the control guaranty donīt is the weapon.

Hankenstein
08-24-2009, 04:06 AM
I bought 2 vendettas v.3 and there are 34 grms. of diference behind the two. :confused: I think the control guaranty donīt is the weapon.

Holy s-h-t!! 34 grams?? Did u check them as soon as they arrived in stock form??

It would be fun to see what the weight difference is without strings and grip.

big bang
08-24-2009, 04:20 AM
wow, nice prices on those sticks, please let us know how it plays:)

Hankenstein
08-24-2009, 04:21 AM
wow, nice prices on those sticks, please let us know how it plays:)

absolutely!! Have ordered it today and hopefully i will have it early next week

Pet
08-24-2009, 04:24 AM
Holy s-h-t!! 34 grams?? Did u check them as soon as they arrived in stock form??

It would be fun to see what the weight difference is without strings and grip.

The first was very head heavy (balance about 37 cm) i tought it would be ok, but when arrived the second with the balance point in 32-33 cm :evil:

fantom
08-24-2009, 04:29 AM
I was surprised to see their logo. It looks so much like the Prince "P" from a distance.

cellofaan
08-24-2009, 06:15 AM

Is one of them heavier or lighter than it's supposed to be, or are they both off? (supposed to be 290 gram)

If you lead the lighter one up to match the heavier racket, how do they play compared to eachother. When they used 34 grams less graphite in one of 'm, the felx could become quite different as well I'd imagine.

Hankenstein
08-28-2009, 12:15 AM
I just got this racket in my hand.

It actually looks amazing in person. Feels extremely solid and heavy at 332 G unstrung.

I also ordered a lighter version at 309 grams unstrung with the same 32 cm balance.

Tonight i will restring them with my normal co-poly string and change the original grip and weight them etc and playtest them tomorrow.

Pics and report will follow :)

NoNameZ
08-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Hope you like these more than the last ones, and will be looking forward to your review.