PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant sales rep leads to win?

Gmedlo
08-23-2009, 10:17 AM
A friend of mine bought a pair of vapor IVs yesterday, and during the purchase, he asked if they had a 6-month durability guarantee. The sales rep surprisingly said yes, and went and got a warranty card from another shoe box and threw it in. The transaction went through and he has the shoes now. I later told him that Vapors don't typically have a warranty.

Should he:
1. Call and demand that they honor the warranty
2. Call and demand to get a full refund on the shoes (keep in mind this tennis store is a good hour away from him)
3. Wait it out and demand the warranty when he needs it.
4. Other???

Edit: Just got word that my friend did not receive the warranty card because he didn't want to wait and the guy would have gone to the back room to get the card. I'm now strongly opposed to option 3.

innoVAShaun
08-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Where's the poll?

Gmedlo
08-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Where's the poll?

No poll needed, I want to see the logic expressed behind each point and a poll doesn't encourage that.

innoVAShaun
08-23-2009, 10:33 AM
The warranty card has the model of the shoe on the title. So good luck.

LPShanet
08-23-2009, 11:46 PM
A friend of mine bought a pair of vapor IVs yesterday, and during the purchase, he asked if they had a 6-month durability guarantee. The sales rep surprisingly said yes, and went and got a warranty card from another shoe box and threw it in. The transaction went through and he has the shoes now. I later told him that Vapors don't typically have a warranty.

Should he:
1. Call and demand that they honor the warranty
2. Call and demand to get a full refund on the shoes (keep in mind this tennis store is a good hour away from him)
3. Wait it out and demand the warranty when he needs it.
4. Other???

Edit: Just got word that my friend did not receive the warranty card because he didn't want to wait and the guy would have gone to the back room to get the card. I'm now strongly opposed to option 3.

Good luck with that. The Vapor IV is several years old (they're two models beyond it now), and even if they honored warranties on non-current shoes (which most companies don't), he'll have a hard time finding replacement shoes at all. Nike may not even have them for replacement any more, as even the V is long gone.