PDA

View Full Version : anyone playing the head extreme pro (non teflon)?

iscottius
08-23-2009, 12:45 PM
I am currently playing the ncode 6.1 95 mostly doubles. i am looking to try a racquet that is slightly lighter with a little more pop. I have heard good things about the extreme pro.

does anyone play this racquet or have experience with it?

I did a search and found some info, but wanted to get info as it relates to the ncode.

iscottius
08-23-2009, 05:26 PM
bump.........

tribunal4555
08-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Let's see, off the top of my head.

Solid. Serves bombs all day long. Round head shape generates wicked spin. Plenty of heft. Pop is there when you need it. Decent at net as well; a little more headlight balance would help w/ maneuverability.

All in all, you might love this racquet.

furyoku_tennis
08-23-2009, 09:23 PM
if you're looking for something a bit lighter and stiffer, then this would be a good choice. the head shape is a bit rounder than the ncode. IMO it has more of a raw feeling than the ncode. the ncode hits with a plush feel. its quite string and tension sensitive in my experience. definitely give it a demo though cause you can get quite a bit of spin out of this one.

iscottius
08-25-2009, 03:36 AM
if you're looking for something a bit lighter and stiffer, then this would be a good choice. the head shape is a bit rounder than the ncode. IMO it has more of a raw feeling than the ncode. the ncode hits with a plush feel. its quite string and tension sensitive in my experience. definitely give it a demo though cause you can get quite a bit of spin out of this one.

thanks, what string tension do you recommend?

iscottius
08-25-2009, 03:37 AM
Let's see, off the top of my head.

Solid. Serves bombs all day long. Round head shape generates wicked spin. Plenty of heft. Pop is there when you need it. Decent at net as well; a little more headlight balance would help w/ maneuverability.

All in all, you might love this racquet.

I hope so i just ordered 2 that will arive tomorrow!!!

javierjavier
08-25-2009, 08:30 AM
i like this racket. every once in awhile when i feel like banging from the baseline for fun i'll borrow this racket and play with it. while it's light it feels really stable and swings nicely. it's stiff but comfy and is a spin machine. banging from the baseline is just really fun and generating spin and pace is pretty effortless compared to my normal racket.

imo opinion the racket does really well with crisp syn guts. my gf strings hers with psgd 16g at 62 lbs. she started out at mid tension and has gradually gotten up to 62. she's ok with a syn gut as she doesn't hit with that much spin, but i can imagine this thing would saw through strings if i used it consistently.

good luck - it's a really fun racket to hit with.

furyoku_tennis
08-25-2009, 10:32 AM
thanks, what string tension do you recommend?

what kind of string setup do you usually do? i'd recommend stringing around mid or slightly under mid if you're using a stiffer string. string higher if you're using something softer.

IMO if you string a stiff string at a higher tension on the frame, it gets to be a bit boardy and you lose the touch and feel.