PDA

View Full Version : X-One Biphase color question

puredriven
08-23-2009, 02:40 PM
aside from color, do the red strings feel more smoothly coated than the natural ones?

rasajadad
08-24-2009, 05:57 AM
I know guys who say there's a difference in the colors, but I think it's all baloney.

Tipsy
08-24-2009, 06:14 AM
Yeah, red X-1 is more slippery.

Mig1NC
03-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Bumping this up after searching briefly.

Going to buy some X-One soon, wondering the same thing about the color.

EDIT: Well, kept on searching, found some more info. Seems the red is slicker, but slightly stiffer. Both need to be broken in.

JT Corona
03-30-2010, 07:06 PM
I've heard the red is a bit crisper than the natural that I'm currently playtesting.

Fedace
03-30-2010, 07:18 PM
aside from color, do the red strings feel more smoothly coated than the natural ones?

There was a huge thread on this couple years ago. and i was told by many posters that RED X-1 totally sucks. It is like dead string or something like that. Now this is strictly coming from other folks,,,i mind you. Somethiing about the Red dye killing the string or something like that......:confused:
but personally, i didn't feel this when i used the red one time or two.

Who saids The RED one is more crisper ??? i always wondered about this. :confused:

Fedace
03-30-2010, 07:20 PM
I've heard the red is a bit crisper than the natural that I'm currently playtesting.

do you think so too ?? I always wondered about the RED X-1 being little more Crisp. but i just kept wondering cause so many negative posts about Red X-1 being a dead string and things like that.......:confused:

JT Corona
03-30-2010, 07:35 PM
do you think so too ?? I always wondered about the RED X-1 being little more Crisp. but i just kept wondering cause so many negative posts about Red X-1 being a dead string and things like that.......:confused:

I've never tried X-1 in red. It would clash with my black and gold stick :)

Its just what I heard from a certified stringer/tester, also wondering if it was accurate or not.

Fedace
04-02-2010, 01:11 PM
I've never tried X-1 in red. It would clash with my black and gold stick :)

Its just what I heard from a certified stringer/tester, also wondering if it was accurate or not.

when i played the Red one, i also felt like it had more power. Not sure if i was just imagining it or not ??

StreetFighter
04-02-2010, 06:50 PM
The red one is a lot less durable.

Fedace
04-03-2010, 08:41 AM
The red one is a lot less durable.

don't care about durability. just want to know if it has more power ??