PDA

View Full Version : multi hybrid question

Hansen
08-23-2009, 02:24 PM
hi, which combination of multis would you recommend to come close to a poly multi hybrid setup. i need the comfort of the multis but donīt want to sacrifice spin potential. i have searched and narrowed it down

babolat addiction
x one biphase
nrg2
multifeel
head fxp

i play only on red clay which of this strings has the most spin potential ?

Steve Huff
08-23-2009, 03:44 PM
The Head FXP is probably the most durable. I don't know why you'd hybrid any of these though, I'd just use one, unless you just happen to have sets of all of them lying around.

LPShanet
08-23-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm with Steve. If you're going to use all multi, you might as well just pick one that you like. If you're hoping to conserve spin potential, then go for the stiffest one in your group.

Hansen
08-24-2009, 02:40 AM
i read that for example the xone biphase has good spin potential but also much power (and is very expensive). if i mix that one with head rip control in the crosses would that reduce spin potential. someone has experience with this ?

Joey
08-24-2009, 02:56 AM
I know it's not on your list but Maxim Touch 1.30 works well for me

Keifers
08-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Some people have had good success (including spin potential) with a nat gut/Isospeed Classic Professional hybrid.

You might want to consider hybriding one of your listed multis with Iso Pro crosses.

murrmanfan13
08-24-2009, 11:21 AM
hansen, x-1 biphase with rip control would be a good hybrid. you would get the poly like playing of the head with the soft gut like playing of the x-1. sounds good.

murrmanfan13
08-24-2009, 11:23 AM
why dont you just hybrid a multi with a soft poly. these days there everywhere...

here are some options.

pro supex big ace
SPPP
kirschbaum pro-line II
msv hex
luxilon alu rough (just kidding)

thats just a few. search the forums, youll find threads on soft polys.

Hansen
08-25-2009, 03:06 AM
my normal setup is pro line 2 1,25 mains isospeed control crosses at 27 kg, but even soft polys seem to hard on my shoulder
gut is too expensive cause i break strings very quick
so, as i said, my goal is to find a combination of strings that offer the spin and control of a poly multi hyprid but more comfortable, which seems to be very difficult (and expensive)

murrmanfan13
08-25-2009, 06:27 AM
ahh, thats tough. i dont know what to recommend, besides maybe head rip control and x-1 or gamma asterisk and x-1. also, maybe you can try changing you technique, when i got tennis elbow i blamed my strings (was using stiff full luxilon at the time) but when i asked a few highly ranked tennis players, they said i was hitting the ball behind be so my only support for my shot was my elbow and my shoulder not my whole body