PDA

View Full Version : Man-sized little leaguers

goober
08-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Just saw a bit of the Little World Series and the thing that caught my attention are some these huge 12 and 13 year olds these days:shock:

Luke Ramirez 6'2", 200 LB, 13 years old

Shown here walking behind his coach.

http://media.signonsandiego.com/img/photos/2009/08/22/090822parkview_t350.jpg?1640fae913a1dac1b26c7eb888 06b9f9b0341305

Cameron Durley , 6'2" 232 Lbs, 12 years old. Apparently he has an older brother that was even bigger playing little league several years back named Aaron.
Look at his size compared to the kid on first base!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/Aaron.jpg

Noveson
08-23-2009, 04:04 PM
These are just the kids that matured early and their glory days will be in high school haha. That's really all there is to it. That's what is lame about the LLWS, all the best players are kids that are giant sized and that's why they are good.

Topaz
08-23-2009, 04:05 PM
^^^Holy crap!

I teach elementary school, and the 5th graders are getting bigger and bigger, at least are as tall if not taller than me by the time they leave for middle school (I'm 5'4").

That picture is hilarious! And frightening all at the same time!

ubermeyer
08-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Cameron Durley , 6'2" 232 Lbs, 12 years old. Apparently he has an older brother that was even bigger playing little league several years back named Aaron.

hahaha david + goliath

the 10s n00b
08-23-2009, 04:38 PM
jeeze thats just was to big!

Deuce
08-23-2009, 10:58 PM
There is a rather strong likelihood that these enormous kids are older than they are claimed to be.

I believe it's already been done several times - by a few countries - in the LL World Series over the years.

Any adult getting caught as being a part of cheating in this way needs to be suspended from any participation in children's sports for life. We don't need kids being taught dishonesty..

Noveson
08-24-2009, 03:58 PM
There is a rather strong likelihood that these enormous kids are older than they are claimed to be.

I believe it's already been done several times - by a few countries - in the LL World Series over the years.

Any adult getting caught as being a part of cheating in this way needs to be suspended from any participation in children's sports for life. We don't need kids being taught dishonesty..

These are american kids. Doubt they could get away with that.

Not to mention you get this with all athletes. Look at LeBron James in high school, or Greg Oden, they both looked like they were past 30. In face go to any college and line up all the freshman and I guarantee you can pick out the athletes(basketball, football, baseball). They just look older and much larger.

hollywood9826
08-24-2009, 05:00 PM
They do a pretty good job with age enforcement. The kid a few back played for NYC and that league got banned from LLWS for life. And then there was Taiwan I believe that was getting the ages. and the whole country can longer play in the LLWS. the penalty is fierce if you get caught.

There was a kid that played little league against us that was 6'3" and crushed us. But he peaked at 12, and by the time we are 14 and 15 he sucked compared to us.

That picture is a bit decieving also. The big kids playing 1st base and is cheating up a good 10 feet to field a bunt. You know the ole lemme take a picture of a fish holding it as close tyo the camera as possible to make it look bigger.

But it does look pretty funny

maddogz32
08-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Just saw a bit of the Little World Series and the thing that caught my attention are some these huge 12 and 13 year olds these days:shock:

Luke Ramirez 6'2", 200 LB, 13 years old

Shown here walking behind his coach.

http://media.signonsandiego.com/img/photos/2009/08/22/090822parkview_t350.jpg?1640fae913a1dac1b26c7eb888 06b9f9b0341305

those guys are huge

Nanshiki
08-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Kids that big should NOT be playing little league. Period. They should be playing with the high school kids. This is just like the kid pitching 40+ in a 9 year-old beginner mixed league. Way too fast for kids of that skill level... and you shouldn't have kids pitching who can pitch 90 playing with 12 year-olds.

Although the kid in the first picture looks like he's just really, really tall... not GIGANTIC like this Aaron dude (picture says Aaron. I looked up Cameron and that's not him).

ElSuegro
08-25-2009, 09:11 PM

This thread reminds me of the case of Danny Almonte, back in 2001. He pitched a perfect game as a "12-year old", then it was discovered his birth certificate was faked, and he was actually 14.