PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try? Babolat Pure Storm GT Racquets 2009

tomn
08-23-2009, 04:03 PM
The new Pure Storm (2009) rackets, both the 95 Ltd. and the 98 Mid+ versions look sweet with the new PJ. Anyone have a chance to demo them or buy them, yet? Any feedback or reviews?

I currently play with the Fischer M Pro 1 98 and was thinking of going with either the new Pure Store Ltd. 95 or the Mid+ 98. Any advice or recommendations? A friend mention that the specs of the Mid+ 98 have very similar specs to the Fischer I am using. :)

bowchikawow
09-30-2009, 04:11 AM
Hi there I have just got my babolat pure storm ltd gt today! Do not know what to string it up with, Any reviews on this revenge string. Also slightly off topic but how do I start a thread?
Thanks.

DownTheLine
09-30-2009, 05:13 AM
Hi there I have just got my babolat pure storm ltd gt today! Do not know what to string it up with, Any reviews on this revenge string. Also slightly off topic but how do I start a thread?
Thanks.

You go to a certain part of the boards and click on "New Thread".

ON TOPIC: I have hit with all three of them and I liked the PSLTD GT the most. You just have to make sure you hit that sweetspot!

ClubHoUno
09-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Love the PST GT frames.

Best frame ever for me overall, though still not perfect, but a very very good solid racquet......

Bud
09-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Love the PST GT frames.

Best frame ever for me overall, though still not perfect, but a very very good solid racquet......

I too really like the PSTGT. I demoed it from TW and it was by far my favorite out of the four demo frames I received. It looks better and feels more solid than the last generation PST, IMO.

Bottle Rocket
09-30-2009, 08:30 PM
The new Pure Storm (2009) rackets Any feedback or reviews?

Yeah. Check this--> http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=289257&highlight=

Hey guys,

I couldn't resist. I've been playing with the Head Microgel Prestige Mid, but have been in search of a slightly larger frame since I discovered these. I have not been able to find a better frame and have tried a bunch. You can check my reviews on this board in the last few weeks/months to see my thoughts on those other frames.

I used to be Babolat's biggest fan before I discovered Wilson rackets 2+ years ago and the Pure Control was one of my favorites. The Pure Storm Tour was a real dissapointment, however, and I moved to Wilson K95's until my elbow, wrist, shoulder, and body just couldn't handle it anymore.

I figured I'd give the new Pure Storm Tour GT a shot, so I picked one up and strung it at 57 lbs with Top Spin Cyber Flash.

Initial Thoughts-

The paintjob is awesome and the skin feel grip really does seem to be an improvement over previous synthetic grips.

Playing characteristics

The frame feels fairly soft, slightly firmer than the Pure Stom Tour, maybe? I was hoping it might be stiffer, as the specifications indicated, but unless I've just lost my mind, it is still just as comfortable and soft. As usual with me, It doesn't seem to play as the TW specs indicate.

The frame swings smoothly, the swingweight is decent, and it is a pretty solid hit. Bite from the stringbed is great, just as you'd expect from a Babolat. You can swing this frame with great confidence in your strokes as well as in the comfort level.

I was hitting a much spinnier ball with the PSTGT, as opposed to my Prestige, and had a hell of a time getting depth with my forehand - which can be a good thing. With some adjustment, things improved, and I felt more much more comfortable with the frame after some time.

What I didn't feel quite so comfortable with was the lower static weight and what felt like a significantly lower swingweight than the Prestige. The specs on TW don't quite agree with my impressions, as I mentioned above. It swigns lighter.

I also hit with a Pure Drive Cortex for a small comparison. The Pure Storm Tour is slightly more solid feeling and softer than the Pure Drive. The extra weight is nice, but depending on what kind of player you are, it seems almost a requirement that you add some lead to this thing to get that swingweight up. Though, if you're used to lighter frames looking to move up to another weight class, this thing might be perfect for you in stock form.

The bottom line

This is just a solid stick with no real weakness. It is a great platform for customization and as far as I am concerned is probably still the best overall Babolat frame on the market.

If you're a Pure Drive or Pure Drive Roddick fan looking for a more comfortable and slightly more control-oriented frame, there's no reason to look any further than the Pure Storm Tour GT. If you're a Wilson K95 user looking for a frame that won't rip apart your upper body, a leaded Tour GT might be exactly what you're looking for. If you're a Prestige MP user, this frame is just as comfortable, with the added heft and swingewight which is totally missing from the Prestige in stock form.

Am I switching back to Babolat?

Not quite...

furyoku_tennis
09-30-2009, 10:25 PM
anyone know how the pure storm tour gt compares to the plus version?