PDA

View Full Version : Do pro players wear different versions of the same outfit?

jackie100
08-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Or is it just the exact same outfit for matches in a row?

I just started watching tennis recently and I noticed the females will wear the same outfit for the semi-finals, then finals etc... Is it the exact same outfit (without being washed) or are they just given a few outfits of the same style by their sponsor?

It may be a weird question but I'm just curious to know...

Noveson
08-23-2009, 04:47 PM
They have multiples of the same outfit. Probably three or something not sure. I am completely sure however they don't wash them every night.

jackie100
08-23-2009, 05:21 PM
They have multiples of the same outfit. Probably three or something not sure. I am completely sure however they don't wash them every night.

Cool... For a second I thought they were wearing the same outfit (soaked in sweat) match after match.

GPG
08-23-2009, 06:52 PM
of course they change. You can see some pros even changing their wristbands or caps in between games

abenguyen
08-23-2009, 08:50 PM
of course they do, most of the time in different colors, you see Roddick change his shirt all the time and most are different colors. They probably get all their clothes at no cost to them due to sponsorship, so their sponsors want them showing off as much as possible so that the consumers will buy it.

Bagumbawalla
08-23-2009, 09:10 PM
It is interesting when you see some lower or middle level player who, possibly needing the money, accepts a contract to wear some really horrendous clothing. That men's shirt with the cut-outs in the back (a few years ago) comes to mind.

Or, more recently, wasn't it Murray who, last year, wore those drab gray-brown shirts? It looked like he had only one and wore the same thing every day.

And Roddick, why can't Lacoste seem to get him a shirt that fits?

And speaking of ill-fitting clothes, remember when Agassi used to wear those T-shirts that bulged out like parachutes when he leaned over to return serve.