PDA

View Full Version : Which has the bigger sweetspot and spin potential - POG Mid, Diablo Mid or EX03 Mid?

AndrewD
08-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Pretty much what the title says - which of the three racquets has the biggest sweetspot AND which did you find to have the greatest spin potential (it's okay if they are two different answers).

Simple reason: currently using the POG Mid. Love it on serve and groundstrokes. Hate it on the volley. Feel that a larger sweetspot would help in that area. Want to keep to a Prince Midsize. Want to keep spin potential high.

whereisz
08-23-2009, 05:57 PM
exo3 mid
10char

AndrewD
08-24-2009, 05:07 AM
No-one else has any idea? I would have thought the Diablo Mid and POG Mid had been around long enough for quite a few people to have compared them. TW did in their Diablo Mid review but I was hoping to get some more opinions.

120mphBodyServe
08-24-2009, 05:18 AM
Don't you think the question is, which racquet do you have to add the least amount of lead tape to increase sweet spot size???

larry 4.0
08-24-2009, 06:39 AM
as for spin potential, I don't know how anything can outperform the Diablo mid....particularly with a poly/co-poly

Applesauceman
08-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Spin potential - POG Mid, EXO3 Mid, Diablo Mid

Sweetspot - Diablo Mid, EXO3 Mid, POG Mid

AndrewD
08-24-2009, 10:33 AM
as for spin potential, I don't know how anything can outperform the Diablo mid....particularly with a poly/co-poly

Spin potential - POG Mid, EXO3 Mid, Diablo Mid

Sweetspot - Diablo Mid, EXO3 Mid, POG Mid

Thanks very much guys, that's exactly the kind of intelligent contributions I was hoping for.

larry,

Surprised you chose the Diablo over the POG but very encouraging. The EXO3, as I've just found, is out of my price range ($350Australian) whereas the Diablo is only $150Aus (about $125 US).

gonzalocatalino
09-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks very much guys, that's exactly the kind of intelligent contributions I was hoping for.

larry,

Surprised you chose the Diablo over the POG but very encouraging. The EXO3, as I've just found, is out of my price range ($350Australian) whereas the Diablo is only $150Aus (about $125 US).

i own several pog mid (all versions) and 3 Diablo tours (my actual racquets).
I think i`ve posted this before, but i`ve discovered the pleasure of hitting the diablos.
Compared with the pogs, they have more plowthrough, a bigger sweetspot and more power.
Of course, the pogs are much more spin friendly and easy to swing.

One you get used to the diablos (you need to find the right strings and tension), they are amazing, impressive power, control and stability.
I think this racquet should be described as an hybrid between a prestige mid and a POG...

In my case, i did not suffered ANY arm/elbow pain.

AndrewD
09-06-2009, 11:04 PM
i own several pog mid (all versions) and 3 Diablo tours (my actual racquets).
I think i`ve posted this before, but i`ve discovered the pleasure of hitting the diablos.
Compared with the pogs, they have more plowthrough, a bigger sweetspot and more power.
Of course, the pogs are much more spin friendly and easy to swing.

One you get used to the diablos (you need to find the right strings and tension), they are amazing, impressive power, control and stability.
I think this racquet should be described as an hybrid between a prestige mid and a POG...

In my case, i did not experimente ANY arm/elbow pain.

Thanks mate, but I've moved on beyond the Diablo Mid. To that end, I decided that I can use the POG Mid for the moment but would like to see if I can make a break away from 'players racquets'.

Alec78
09-08-2009, 04:37 PM

larry,

I agree with this assessment. I have both racquets. The Diablo has a slightly larger sweetspot, but I feel like I can generate a bit more plowthrough and topspin hitting with the POG.