PDA

View Full Version : Alex Clayton soon to be #1 in NCAA wins the ITA national summer championships

Fedace
08-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Hot off the Press, Alex wins the summer championships. Next up perhaps US open as well ??? IF not that is ok too. Alex has sent a clear message to NCAA division 1 tennis that he is the MAN to be contend with this coming season. :)

Clayton Captures Singles Title At ITA/USTA National Summer Championships
Junior Ted Kelly also participated in the tournament, winning a pair of matches before falling 6-1, 6-1 to Colin Hoover of Texas A&M in the round of 16.
After receiving a first-round bye, the top-seeded Clayton won five of his six matches in straight-sets, with the only challenge coming in the form of a 6-3, 6-7 (9), 1-0 (8) victory over TCU's Zach Nichols in the quarterfinals.

Aug. 20, 2009

STANFORD, Calif.- Junior Alex Clayton recently captured the singles titles at the ITA/USTA National Summer Championships in Bloomington, Ind., earning a wild card berth into the D'Novo Men's All-American Championships in early October.

Clayton routed Tennessee's Matt Brewer 6-1, 6-0 in the championship match to complete his title run. After receiving a first-round bye, the top-seeded Clayton won five of his six matches in straight-sets, with the only challenge coming in the form of a 6-3, 6-7 (9), 1-0 (8) victory over TCU's Zach Nichols in the quarterfinals.

Junior Ted Kelly also participated in the tournament, winning a pair of matches before falling 6-1, 6-1 to Colin Hoover of Texas A&M in the round of 16.

Clayton and Kelly also teamed up in doubles, reaching the quarterfinals before losing 8-4 to Notre Dame's team of Stephen Havens and Daniel Stahl.

Alex Clayton

•First Round: bye

•Second Round: d. Steve Williams (Ohio State) 6-2, 6-4

•Third Round: d. Alex Van Gils (Indiana) 6-0, 6-3

•Fourth Round: d. Dan Stahl (Notre Dame) 6-2, 4-1, ret.

•Quarterfinals: d. Zach Nichols (TCU) 6-3, 6-7 (9), 1-0 (8)

•Semifinals: d. Milo Johnson (Virginia) 6-4, 6-4

•Championship Match: d. Matt Brewer (Tennessee) 6-1, 6-0
Alex Clayton/Ted Kelly

•Second Round: d. Brewer/Sparks (Tennessee) 9-8 (4)

•Round of 16: d. Gilbert/Hojazi (California) 8-3

johnkidd
08-23-2009, 05:29 PM
That's because all the other big time players have been playing futures and challenger events all summer.

nfor304
08-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Who the hell is Alex Clayton?

Fedace
08-23-2009, 09:47 PM

Next hope for American tennis...:)

nfor304
08-23-2009, 10:47 PM
just looked at him playing on youtube.... looks pretty good. I like his game

adams_1
08-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Alright, Stalkerace...

jaggy
08-24-2009, 01:49 AM
I saw a lot of this, he was way ahead of everyone else but as it has been pointed out the best players in college were elsewhere.

Joeyg
08-24-2009, 04:40 AM
Dr Fedace never let's logic get in the way of his wild, crazy predictions.

NickC
08-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Dr Fedace never let's logic get in the way of his wild, crazy predictions.

When doesn't he?

SoCal10s
08-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Fedace: you did it again :) you always cam get a laugh out from me... I'm looking at those name he beat and I'm shaking my head,who are these players... then when I read that your boy is gonna win the USO ,well ROFL...

Fedace
08-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Fedace: you did it again :) you always cam get a laugh out from me... I'm looking at those name he beat and I'm shaking my head,who are these players... then when I read that your boy is gonna win the USO ,well ROFL...

Yes you are right, he beat some lower level college guys but the point is that he automatically gets an entry into D'Novo Men's All-American Championships in early October.
:) and of course, he is the favorite to win that as well.

Joeyg
08-25-2009, 06:18 AM
The kiss of death is being applied by Dr Fedace. His support of poor Alex is almost surely going to be the cause of some problem for him this year.

Larrysümmers
09-07-2009, 09:07 AM
fedface, for the quarters, whats the 1-0 mean. Did he win one game and then the other guy retired? Thanks

Lindsay
09-11-2009, 08:13 AM
it was a 3rd set supertiebreak. first to 10 by 2 points. He won 10-8 in that round.

edberg505
09-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Hot off the Press, Alex wins the summer championships. Next up perhaps US open as well ??? IF not that is ok too. Alex has sent a clear message to NCAA division 1 tennis that he is the MAN to be contend with this coming season. :)

Clayton Captures Singles Title At ITA/USTA National Summer Championships
After receiving a first-round bye, the top-seeded Clayton won five of his six matches in straight-sets, with the only challenge coming in the form of a 6-3, 6-7 (9), 1-0 (8) victory over TCU's Zach Nichols in the quarterfinals.

Aug. 20, 2009

STANFORD, Calif.- Junior Alex Clayton recently captured the singles titles at the ITA/USTA National Summer Championships in Bloomington, Ind., earning a wild card berth into the D'Novo Men's All-American Championships in early October.

Clayton routed Tennessee's Matt Brewer 6-1, 6-0 in the championship match to complete his title run. After receiving a first-round bye, the top-seeded Clayton won five of his six matches in straight-sets, with the only challenge coming in the form of a 6-3, 6-7 (9), 1-0 (8) victory over TCU's Zach Nichols in the quarterfinals.

Clayton and Kelly also teamed up in doubles, reaching the quarterfinals before losing 8-4 to Notre Dame's team of Stephen Havens and Daniel Stahl.

Alex Clayton

•Second Round: d. Steve Williams (Ohio State) 6-2, 6-4

•Third Round: d. Alex Van Gils (Indiana) 6-0, 6-3

•Fourth Round: d. Dan Stahl (Notre Dame) 6-2, 4-1, ret.

•Quarterfinals: d. Zach Nichols (TCU) 6-3, 6-7 (9), 1-0 (8)

•Semifinals: d. Milo Johnson (Virginia) 6-4, 6-4

•Championship Match: d. Matt Brewer (Tennessee) 6-1, 6-0
Alex Clayton/Ted Kelly

•Second Round: d. Brewer/Sparks (Tennessee) 9-8 (4)

•Round of 16: d. Gilbert/Hojazi (California) 8-3

If he does get to #1 it's only because Devin Britton went pro. Hehe.

pabletion
09-11-2009, 11:25 AM

Dr. Fedace's dream boy

Fedace
09-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Dr. Fedace's dream boy

NO,,, NCAA #1 ranked player in division 1 tennis and future top 50 player in ATP tour. Look for Alex to have similar type of Career as Todd Martin....

Look for Stanford to Dominate this coming season with Alex at #1 singles and Denis Lin at #6 spot.......GO Cardinal. :)

pabletion
09-11-2009, 11:30 AM
but admit it............

he's your dream boy.....................

NickC
09-11-2009, 12:00 PM
]NO,,, NCAA #1 ranked player in division 1 tennis[/B] and future top 50 player in ATP tour. Look for Alex to have similar type of Career as Todd Martin....

Look for Stanford to Dominate this coming season with Alex at #1 singles and Denis Lin at #6 spot.......GO Cardinal. :)

No, the last time the ITA did singles rankings, Clayton was 18th. If you take out all the seniors that graduated in May and moved players up and down the rankings accordingly then Clayton would be 7th at best. He's not #1.

johnkidd
09-11-2009, 02:39 PM
I wish the "what happened to Stanford tennis" thread was still here. Didn't Fedace say in that thread that Bruch would be a better pro then Isner & Somdev, and only injuried held him back?

pabletion
09-11-2009, 05:23 PM
^ hey, cmon.... if Dr. Fedace said it, it has to be true! dontcha know that yet???

Fee
09-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Did we lose the Standford thread? Darn, that was a good place for updates.

Anywhoooo, I'm going to the Laguna Niguel Futures later this week. That's not too far from Sandy Eggo. I wonder if the good doctor would come up and meet me in person? I bet he wouldn't.

Fedace
09-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Did we lose the Standford thread? Darn, that was a good place for updates.

Anywhoooo, I'm going to the Laguna Niguel Futures later this week. That's not too far from Sandy Eggo. I wonder if the good doctor would come up and meet me in person? I bet he wouldn't.

What is your Obesession with me, i wonder:confused::confused: ????????? Do you go to Stanford ?

Fee
09-27-2009, 10:35 AM
What is your Obesession with me, i wonder:confused::confused: ????????? Do you go to Stanford ?

I'm not obsessed with you, sorry to squash that dream of yours.

I already have my degree (and if I was a student at Stanford, I wouldn't have time to waste on a tennis forum, I would be studying to get every penny's worth of a very expensive education).

VivalaVida
09-27-2009, 03:54 PM
You go to stanford? :) Very impressive. That helps your case, it shows us that you are a smart guy who likes acts strange on the forum.

Fee
09-27-2009, 06:15 PM
You go to stanford? :) Very impressive. That helps your case, it shows us that you are a smart guy who likes acts strange on the forum.

No he doesnt. He claims that he's an alum, but I don't think too many members of this forum believe him.

stanfordtennis alum
09-27-2009, 07:25 PM
all the threads where fedace has some involvement in are very interesting.. they just have that special twist

sureshs
09-28-2009, 06:27 AM

The guy who is soon to be #1 in NCAA? hehehe

tennismom42
09-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Anywhoooo, I'm going to the Laguna Niguel Futures later this week. That's not too far from Sandy Eggo. I wonder if the good doctor would come up and meet me in person? I bet he wouldn't.My son's team plays Stanford. I'll have to update my son on the gossip & see if he'll look for the famous Fedace. I'll let you know.

ChipNCharge
09-28-2009, 11:00 AM
The D'Novo ITA Championships begin this Saturday here in Tulsa. I'm looking forward to it! Oklahoma State's Nedovyesov to defeat Stanford's Alex Clayton in a one-sided final!

TourTenor
09-28-2009, 02:25 PM
My son's team plays Stanford. I'll have to update my son on the gossip & see if he'll look for the famous Fedace. I'll let you know.
What team does your son play for? Stanford will no doubt be a very tough match. Look out for some serious boasting from our resident "Standford" fan when the match draws near. Keep us posted on how your son is doing and good luck to him.:cool: TTenor

Sentinel
09-29-2009, 06:06 AM
Federer and Nadal should be wetting their socks hearing this news. And Delpotro, too.

tennismom42
09-29-2009, 07:34 AM
What team does your son play for? Stanford will no doubt be a very tough match. Look out for some serious boasting from our resident "Standford" fan when the match draws near. Keep us posted on how your son is doing and good luck to him.:cool: TTenorI'll try to let you know how he & his team fair against Stanford. That's months away.