PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Customize My Racquet

murrmanfan13
08-23-2009, 05:40 PM
I am not a very intense player, but i think if i could get my racquet customized it could help my game. are there any places that do this for you? if i was to do it my self, how could i make the sweet spot closer to the twelve o'clock. i dont think i need a full on customization, but i would like to know a few ways to tweak my racquet to give me more spin, power and control. thanks.

MichaelChang
08-23-2009, 05:44 PM
some racket shop or stringer can do that for you, provided that you tell them exactly what you want to do. they will charge you, of course.

do you know what you want to customize? if you just want to move the sweetspot upside a little bit, add lead to the top of the hoop. The TW website has a learning center, read that.

Honestly, it is usually your techniques, not the racket, that lets you down.

murrmanfan13
08-23-2009, 05:54 PM
im with you there. im thinking i might stick with my current set-up, i like it and i play well with it, but ive heard so much about customization and how you can make your racquet so much better. ill check out the learning center. thanks.

NoNameZ
08-23-2009, 07:46 PM
lead tape and some TWU and you should get a good idea of customization.

Alafter
08-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I also second doing it yourself with some learning. Tennis racquets are, unfortunately, unlike cars. Cars--go put more power in the engine and the difference is clear. Tennis racket: even tho in theory putting lead at certain locations is supposed to bring about benefits, in reality might not work out that way.

pabletion
08-23-2009, 08:19 PM
I would absolutely advice you to leave your stick alone, if, like you say, youre not an intense player. Its not worth it and it will not make a noticeable difference. Customizing racquets is all about feel for each individual, but your game is not gonna drastically change unless you have an advanced level. I can tell you from experience, I played for about 5 years before giving lead a try and feel changes, but its not like your control and/or power go to a whole new level unless you have good technique. If you lead up your stick, you need racquet speed, and for having a speedy heavy racquet, you need good to great technique. As far as Im concerned, the same goes for strings: unless you are an advanced player, youre not gonna feel that much of a difference between strings. So my advice would be, work on your game, dont get concerned about tweaking your racquet; all that stuff will come in time, and its kindof adictive, so youre better off not worrying about all of that for now

a-naik.1
08-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Tennis warehouse has some great tips to customize your own racquet if you choose... the link for it is http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/customization.php ...there are a lot more things on that site.

Alafter
08-24-2009, 01:18 AM
I would absolutely advice you to leave your stick alone, if, like you say, youre not an intense player. Its not worth it and it will not make a noticeable difference. Customizing racquets is all about feel for each individual, but your game is not gonna drastically change unless you have an advanced level. I can tell you from experience, I played for about 5 years before giving lead a try and feel changes, but its not like your control and/or power go to a whole new level unless you have good technique. If you lead up your stick, you need racquet speed, and for having a speedy heavy racquet, you need good to great technique. As far as Im concerned, the same goes for strings: unless you are an advanced player, youre not gonna feel that much of a difference between strings. So my advice would be, work on your game, dont get concerned about tweaking your racquet; all that stuff will come in time, and its kindof adictive, so youre better off not worrying about all of that for now

Pfffff dont tell him that. He needs to suffer from obsessive behavior, as most ppl in these parts have.

MethodTennis
08-24-2009, 02:41 AM
some racket shop or stringer can do that for you, provided that you tell them exactly what you want to do. they will charge you, of course.

do you know what you want to customize? if you just want to move the sweetspot upside a little bit, add lead to the top of the hoop. The TW website has a learning center, read that.

Honestly, it is usually your techniques, not the racket, that lets you down.

unless your using a k pro tour in which case its almost certainly the racket

Gorecki
08-24-2009, 02:56 AM
like others said, TWU learning center and do it yourself. it's rewarding, entertaining and inexpensive. but you have to be crafty, especially if you want to go deep in to handle mod & silicone...