PDA

View Full Version : Compare Prince TT Warrior To Modern Racquet

Conquistador
08-23-2009, 06:41 PM
What modern racquet is virtually identical to the prince tt warrior MP--Regarded as one of the best racquets of all time. The topspin is unreal....

louis netman
08-23-2009, 08:42 PM
That lineage of frames (PR660, PRTi, Warrior) is unmatched, IMO for certain characteristics that I desire. I have demoed frames for years and have yet to find a frame that delivers the effortless topspin, slice, kick, and volleying prowess of the PRTi.
A modded Warrior is a reasonable facsimile that is also unmatched...

KFwinds
08-23-2009, 11:21 PM
The closest you will come is probably the Head Extreme series or the Dunlop 500 series. The Babolat APD is somewhat similar as well, but there really isn't a current stick quite like the Warrior.

Conquistador
08-24-2009, 02:42 AM
The TT Warrior is near the top of the racquet hall of fame,no?

GasquetGOAT
08-24-2009, 02:45 AM
The TT Warrior is near the top of the racquet hall of fame,no?

Let me think...NO.

Conquistador
08-24-2009, 03:03 AM
Let me think...NO.

Lets look at the Hall of Fame for a second.

1. Wilson Pro Staff 6.1
2. Babolat Aero Drive
3. Prince Original Graphite
4. Head Prestige
5. Prince TT Warrior MP

Im sure we can agree, somewhat....

adams_1
08-24-2009, 03:17 AM

1. Wilson Pro Staff 6.1
2. Babolat Aero Drive
4. Head Prestige
5. Prince TT Warrior MP

How is that 'the Hall of Fame'?

It's just a stick you're obsessed with and some other things you like the look of.

Conquistador
08-24-2009, 03:20 AM
How is that 'the Hall of Fame'?

It's just a stick you're obsessed with and some other things you like the look of.

No, its really the opinions of players and the absence of other racquets that dont stand the test of time like these ones do. You look at certain criteria as in--will players be using it 10 and 15 years from initial release. You look at the men's tour--and these 5 are all in play today. Thats why they are hall of famers.

BDAZ
08-24-2009, 05:17 PM
if you want the modern eqivavlent, i'd look at the prince vendetta db. although not sold in the states, people have posted that it is the warrior with a new pj.

Hidious
08-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Are we talking about the same Prince TT Warrior going for 69.95 on TW ?

If it is indeed a hall of famer, one of all-time's best, why am i not buying one at this very moment? Please, someone talk me out of it, post some negative in here.

Oh and why don't you stock up instead of looking for the modern equivalent?

Conquistador
08-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Are we talking about the same Prince TT Warrior going for 69.95 on TW ?

If it is indeed a hall of famer, one of all-time's best, why am i not buying one at this very moment? Please, someone talk me out of it, post some negative in here.

Oh and why don't you stock up instead of looking for the modern equivalent?

I dont see any negative about the frame. I did stock up-I would like to thank the folks at TW for the great racquets they have provided. It is a hall of famer like Andy Roddick.

Zielmann
08-24-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm still using my PRTi, along with the flop of a frame that came after the Warrior: the more control db 800. Got two of those. I actually like them myself, but nobody else seems to. I do prefer the PRTi to the MCDB 800's, but only slightly.

Haven't done too much in the way of demoing new stuff though, cause I couldn't afford to switch if I found something else I liked anyhow. I did try the speedport tour. I liked it a lot. Seemed like it would probably be an easy transition between the PRTi and SPT. But I'm not sure I would go as far as to say that they are very similar to the point of the SPT being a 'newer' version of the line.

Alafter
08-24-2009, 07:45 PM
What modern racquet is virtually identical to the prince tt warrior MP--Regarded as one of the best racquets of all time. The topspin is unreal....

You can do it with racquets too? Amazing!

DustinW
08-25-2009, 05:54 AM
According to Prince, the new EXO3 Ignite is supposed to fit into the Response/Warrior line. I haven't tried the Ignite though, so I couldn't tell you for sure.

nkbond
08-25-2009, 06:11 AM
I've never hit with an original Warrior, but I can assure you the ones selling now are total crapola, IMO. Waaayyy lighter than the originals, horrible fit and finish. Again, from what I understand and have read on these boards, nothing at all like the original run.

It's obvious that Prince has some cut-rate manufacturing when it comes to continuing runs of older models. The TT Bandit was the same story. O3 Reds...same story. My experience has not been good w/ cheap princes.

On the other hand, cheap Wilsons, specifically the NTour and NTour 2 are the exact same racquet as the original run as far as I can tell...

FuriousYellow
08-25-2009, 07:26 AM
I found the Barricade Tour Light and Dunlop 4D 300 Tour to have a similar feel despite the denser string patterns. I would have been happy with either one, but the appeal of the TT Warrior and price won out. I'll take player's word the original TT Warrior is better, but I have no complaints about the version TW is selling. The two I bought had identical weight and balance and haven't noticed any defects. It's a great frame.

I recently acquired a couple of PRTis and a 660. I was surprised at the differences in the mold between those two and the current Warrior. The handle is narrower and the throat is longer on the PRTi and 660.

I hit with both this past weekend. I couldn't find a rhythm with the 660, but the PRTi felt great, even with the worn out strings that were in it. It felt like a 12oz frame should from the baseline, but still had the maneuverability at net I've come to enjoy from the TT Warrior.

Once I get it restrung and tension where I want it, I may switch to the PRTi because my 1HBH shots just seem better with a heavier frame.

Jack & Coke
08-25-2009, 07:53 AM

1. Wilson Pro Staff 6.1
2. Babolat Aero Drive
4. Head Prestige
5. Prince TT Warrior MP

sure, if somewhat = 3 out of 5

The_Question
08-25-2009, 08:02 AM
if you want the modern eqivavlent, i'd look at the prince vendetta db. although not sold in the states, people have posted that it is the warrior with a new pj.

Yup, I was about to suggest that...

FuriousYellow
08-25-2009, 10:41 AM
If the Vendetta DB is just a repainted TT Warrior, then it's not really a modern racquet. I don't think there's anything that's "virtually identical" to this frame. There just aren't any 97 sq in, 16x20 frames with a 23mm straight beam I can think of.