PDA

View Full Version : Which of the Dunlops or others do you recommend?

Cey
08-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Firstly, I am 14, and about 176cm. I love serving and my serve is good, but as I am tall for my age, it is the thing I really want to build up and improve. I used to use the fxp radical midplus, but i really just didnt fell comfortable with it. Lead made it better but still not good. For the last couple of months i have just been playing with an old pro staff 6.0 95 which is a great racquet, but when i use this for a long time at once, i get arm soreness, so far in a different place just about every time.

This made me think i should get something lighter more flexible, more suited to my game. I am not solidly built, but dont have too much trouble generating pace, though i do need a racquet that gives me some stick, probably more stick than the 6.0. It also has to be an excellent serving racquet.

So i am looking at: Dunlop ag300 16x19, Dunlop ag200 both 18x20 and 16x19, dunlop 4D ag200 16x19 and 4D 300 16x19 maybe or another racquet from a different brand which you may recommend.

I hit a 300 2 years ago when i was a lot smaller and didnt find it overpowered then, for those who have that opinion. If it is a dunlop you think is best, I'd prefer it to be from the ag non 4D line as these are heaps cheaper, but if you think the 4D is worth the money, please say so.

In 2 days i am probably going to try my coach's head youtek speed 18x20 which i hope will be as good as it has for the short times i have hit with it. This is really just to get an idea on what i should consider and whether or not i should go lighter to a 300 weight rather than a 200 weight.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I am mostly a baseliner so consistency is important but is something that has been lacking in my game lately. Also has to be good for 2hbs.

mrw
08-24-2009, 04:13 AM
Out of all the racquets I have tried, I serve my best when using my M-fil 300. If you can find one, give it a swing