PDA

View Full Version : what stick would you buy??

big bang
08-24-2009, 04:31 AM
I have been playing with ps 6.1 classic 95 for many years and having trouble finding a new raquet.. this season I bought 3 k-blade tours and 2 microgel prestige pros, but cant get used to any of them.

no shops around where I live offers demo-raquets, so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

I have been looking at k-six one 95, 16x18 and prince exo3 graphite mid+ as I dont like the feel of most modern sticks, but is there any other sticks out there that comes close to the old classic?

fuzz nation
08-24-2009, 07:11 AM
There's a small society among us around here who have tried to scratch out an existence on the courts without our 6.1 Classics. Although there doesn't seem to be anything out there quite like that Wilson, the search for alternatives has been batted around on the boards here more than once in recent history.

It's hard to know just what you mean in terms of the "feel of modern sticks", but I've personally enjoyed heavier racquets for as long as I've been playing the game and several of the more current ones seem to be too light and stiff for my liking. The 6.1 Classic is a heavy frame, but it has a very head-light balance which also seems to be somewhat of a rare quality among more current gear.

I've tried the kSix-One 95 and found it to be slightly less head-light and also stiffer feeling than the 6.1 Classics, but it did have a bit of familiar ProStaff behavior to it. I haven't tried the newest frames from Prince, but I had some fun demoing the O3 Hybrid Tour and found that frame to be a great alternative to the old Wilsons - wish I'd bought a couple. I also had a pair of Yonex RDS 002 Tours in my bag a year ago and they were especially nice for doubles or serve and volley play.

I started to enjoy racquets with a bit more flex that gave me better control at the baseline than my ProStaffs, but I've always liked to pop a good volley at the net whenever I can. Lately, the Volkl C10 Pros have been great for me, but it took me a while to settle in with these frames. Depending on their stringing, they can have a wide range of personalities and they have a softer hoop than the 6.1's. Volkl and Boris Becker also have some mids that look really interesting, but I haven't sampled them yet.

whozon3rd
08-24-2009, 10:15 PM
I'd take a serious look at the Vantage line. If you like stiff rackets try the RA 70 rated models.

LanEvo
08-24-2009, 10:22 PM
K95, its update to PSC 95, a 10 yr advance

LanEvo
08-24-2009, 10:23 PM
oh also try the Bab Pure Storm Tour Ltd. , i would reccomend the Aerostorms, but they are like opposite frames

big bang
08-24-2009, 11:45 PM
thanks guys!
I have heard that k95 is nothing like the old 6.1 and that it plays very different.
I never played with a babolat stick before, but pure storm tour limited edition I hear is a very nice stick and not a tweener as most babolats. actually I can get 2 of them made in france for a very good price, so I might buy them and see how they plays..

wyutani
08-24-2009, 11:53 PM
aeropro drive....BOOM!