PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Ace Gold vs Green color

lasdj
08-24-2009, 08:08 AM
I did a search and couldnt find a clear answer. I know from my experience the color of string matters. So I have always been using the Ace in green but now I was going to try out the one in Gold. Is there a difference in feel or anything? I'm use to green but someone bought me a reel of the gold one.

TIA

THE HEAD HUNTER
08-24-2009, 08:15 AM
I did a search and couldnt find a clear answer. I know from my experience the color of string matters. So I have always been using the Ace in green but now I was going to try out the one in Gold. Is there a difference in feel or anything? I'm use to green but someone bought me a reel of the gold one.

TIA

I have ordererd both and I cant tell any freaking difference between the so called "gold" or "green" color.

I looked at the pics online and saw no difference. So I ordered them both and I noticed no difference on the packages....in fact it doesnt even say the freaking color on the package.

Then I strung both racquets up and I still didnt notice any freaking difference in color.

I dont think there is actually a "gold" or "green" color. They are both sota greenish and sorta goldish.....its actually "Pearl"

lasdj
08-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks for your response...my friend said he had the gold one and i saw it and it didnt really look to different...it just wasnt as green as the normally one i used before. ok so if thats the case then i'll keep the reel. i just didnt want to use it if its different so i can try to return the reel or ask my friend to do it.

thanks again. any other opinions will also be appreicated.

THE HEAD HUNTER
08-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks for your response...my friend said he had the gold one and i saw it and it didnt really look to different...it just wasnt as green as the normally one i used before. ok so if thats the case then i'll keep the reel. i just didnt want to use it if its different so i can try to return the reel or ask my friend to do it.

thanks again. any other opinions will also be appreicated.

I thought I was going crazy?? I have heard there are three different colors "Pearl" , "Green" and "Gold".

Either TW is mailing me the wrong packages or they are all the same.

Can you look on your reel and see if even says the color anywhere?

lasdj
08-24-2009, 08:57 AM
it doesnt say the color anywhere....but i know they have the gold one from mid west sports

tlm
08-24-2009, 09:07 AM
The gold is actually green in color, i dont know why they call it gold. But there are 2 colors, i dont remember what the other color is called but it looks straw colored.Also it does not play anywhere near as good as the green-gold color.

lasdj
08-24-2009, 09:57 AM
when you mean the color is a straw color...what color do you mean by it? when my friend gave me the invoice it did say ace gold...however it doesnt look like the normal green one i originally use.

tlm
08-24-2009, 11:52 AM
It is a beige color or light tan+it does not play the same as the green, which luxilon calls gold.

THE HEAD HUNTER
08-24-2009, 12:19 PM
It is a beige color or light tan+it does not play the same as the green, which luxilon calls gold.

I see no freaking difference in color between any of them...I dont even think its written on the package.

But Im not disagreeing with you....I just dont see any diffence in colors.

[d]ragon
08-24-2009, 12:24 PM
I see no freaking difference in color between any of them...I dont even think its written on the package.

But Im not disagreeing with you....I just dont see any diffence in colors.

Have you tried them both because from your posts it doesn't look like you have and are just comparing the looks

counterpuncher
08-24-2009, 02:45 PM
I've tried both the green (gold as marketed by Luxilon) and the cream (pearl as marketed by Luxilon). The cream is nowhere near as good as the green. The cream feels a touch softer, but spin and control are inferior.

THE HEAD HUNTER
08-24-2009, 03:05 PM
ragon;3847354']Have you tried them both because from your posts it doesn't look like you have and are just comparing the looks

I have no freaking idea!

I ordered all three "different" colors.

All three look exactly the same to me. The packages dont inidicate what color they are claiming either.

When I strung the up they all looked the same and played the same.

Maybe I am missing something?

Just someone please answer me....does it say anywhere on the package what color it is they are claiming you have?? Anyone?

tlm
08-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Thanks counterpuncher, you are spot on.The cream color plays like crap compared to the green.

THE HEAD HUNTER
08-25-2009, 05:11 AM
Thanks counterpuncher, you are spot on.The cream color plays like crap compared to the green.

can you please just look on the package and tell me if it indicates a color?

tlm
08-25-2009, 05:27 AM
I dont have any right now, but the green ace is called gold on the package.I dont remember what the other color is called.

So if you purchase the ace that says gold on the package you have right one.Why in the world luxilon calls this string color gold is beyond me.

Cereal68
08-25-2009, 06:32 PM
lux ace does come in two diff't colors. i used it for awhile ... just recently tried it again and cut it out tonight as a matter of fact ... swearing off 4ever!

great spin, but I need something softer:(

one color is called either green or gold depending where you're ordering. i've ordered both and they're the same when they get here. the other color is pearl or natural and must be harder to find, but i did get it a couple of times.

tlm
08-25-2009, 07:14 PM
What do you mean they are the same when they get here? They do not play the same, not even close. Unless you are saying one supplier lists them as a different color but are both actually green.

eyeball
08-25-2009, 10:04 PM
I have a Big Banger Ace 18 here with me that I bought today and it says on the back of the package "BB ACE gold EUR" where the electric code thing is. the string looks more green then gold.

Jakedasnake
08-26-2009, 05:15 PM
I bought a set from TW. Is it green or gold? http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACWILSON-BBACE18.html
The description says pearl and green?

THE HEAD HUNTER
08-26-2009, 09:21 PM
I bought a set from TW. Is it green or gold? http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACWILSON-BBACE18.html
The description says pearl and green?

No One realy knows. I think its a marketing gimmick and that all three are actually all the same color.