PDA

View Full Version : Prince Ozone Tour Discontinued?

JackB1
08-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Did Prince discontinue the Ozone Tour racquet? I just picked up one new and it looks like they won't be making it anymore.

Sad thing is there is nothing in the new O3 line with the same specs. The Ozone Tour is a great, overlooked, not talked about racquet, IMO. It's like a Prestige with a lot more pop. Very plush feeling.....not too heavy, but not too light. Great all around racquet.

Meaghan
08-26-2009, 04:04 AM
I agree, i have the pro version and these rackets dont really get talked about. Mainly EX03 or Speedports.
I have not hit with the lighter model, but the pro has more spin than any other racket I have hit with. Not quite the power of the Rebel or the feel of my Pyramid Tour, which are both harder to use. But I do think my all round game is more consistent with The Ozone.
How do you know that they are discontinuing this series? I cant find anything on the net......

tata
08-26-2009, 04:29 AM
It would surprise me if they did discontinue it. They already knocked off the original 03s so maybe its time to move on?The speedports and exo3 are the main ones prince are focusng on now

Meaghan
08-26-2009, 04:32 AM
It would surprise me if they did discontinue it. They already knocked off the original 03s so maybe its time to move on?The speedports and exo3 are the main ones prince are focusng on now

Yeah but the 03 line was superseeded by the speedport line.
The ozone line stands alone, so I dont see why it would be discontinued unless they bring out something with similar specs.

JackB1
08-26-2009, 06:16 AM
Yeah but the 03 line was superseeded by the speedport line.
The ozone line stands alone, so I dont see why it would be discontinued unless they bring out something with similar specs.

That's my point. They don't have anything with the same specs. (low flex, good power, headlight, good weight, 100" head). The closest is probably the Rebel 95, but that's too heavy for me.

Meaghan
08-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Just added a replacement grip over my original grip on my OproT to make it the same spec as my Rebel,just a little less HL about 10pts. A great racket.