PDA

View Full Version : K95 Vs. Babolat Pure Storm Tour GT

tennisnerd
08-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Basically the same weight, different string pattern.
What are similarities and differences between the two in terms of how they play?

TennisandMusic
08-24-2009, 02:16 PM
K95 is a thicker beam if I remember correctly. It is also FAR more stiff and harsh feeling. Pretty powerful. Pure Storm Tour GT has much better feel IMO. I prefer the PSTGT by leaps and bounds, and I've owned the K95. Using the Storm Tour GT's now.

tennisnerd
08-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks that helps..any other opinions?

tennisnerd
08-24-2009, 04:17 PM
I find k95 is harsh on the off-center hits.

WhiteStripes
08-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Totally agree w/ the prior poster. The K95s feel board-stiff to me, and are extremely harsh. It has a much more "raw" feeling than the PST. The K95 also has a lot more pop to it -- too much for me -- because of the weight and stiffness. I had two of these sticks and tried my best to like them, but they were uncontrollable at times unless strung w/ poly at a fairly high tension for me, which further exaggerated the board-like feel. The PST GT feels much softer in comparison, and is much, much more control oriented for me -- but yet still has enough pop if needed. Two totally different sticks in my opinion.

tennisnerd
08-24-2009, 06:25 PM
I am very confused. I am looking at stiffness rating of the Babolat Pure Drive GT and its 72, while the K 95 is 69.
How is the Babolat stiffer? It feels so soft compared to the Wilson..
:S

WhiteStripes
08-24-2009, 06:38 PM
I am very confused. I am looking at stiffness rating of the Babolat Pure Drive GT and its 72, while the K 95 is 69.
How is the Babolat stiffer? It feels so soft compared to the Wilson..
:S

Your original post was about the Pure Storm Tour GT, which has an RDC rating of 64 (TW has the plus version as even more flexy w/ a 61 RDC) , and not the Babolat Pure Drive GT, which is a lot stiffer. The Pure Storm Tour GT is much softer than the K95.

tennisnerd
08-24-2009, 06:51 PM
i know, i am just saying because i noticed the babolat pure drive has a higher stiffness rating so i dont understand why if the wilson feels stiffer.

tennisnerd
08-24-2009, 09:30 PM
can someone please explain that to me?

big bang
08-24-2009, 11:56 PM
I think the stiffness can feel different from stick to stick, like you are saying the pure drive feels softer than k95..
when I played with kbt I felt it was stiffer than the rating says and not very comfortable, I had a little trouble with my arm after a while, mgpp I felt had more flex than the rating says, so I think it has a a lot to do with how the stick is build and simply how comfortable it feels

TennisandMusic
08-25-2009, 12:08 AM
to the OP...I would have to state...the K95 is one of the harshest feeling frames I've ever hit with personally. It has what I refer to as the "metal clang" feeling. Like I'm hitting something with a metal pole. You get that kind of shock through the arm if you can imagine. At least it did for me. I've only really experienced that with two frames. The K95 and the Tecnifibre 320 VO2 max. Not even the old PDR felt like that. The new PDRGT feels much better than the last PDR's as well.

The Pure Storm Tour GT's feel is really fantastic IMO. The perfect blend of enough firmness but plenty of feel and comfort. Really impressed by the racquets.

tennisnerd
08-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks,
I am interested to try this now with babolat revenge, but I cant find the string in Canada, and there aren\'t any demos in Canada either.

Hankenstein
08-25-2009, 11:30 PM
I used the K95 6,1 18 * 20 for 6 months and had to stop because of heavy elbow problems. I never experienced that kind of problems before. The K95 is IMO a very good racket with fantastic power, control and spin-potential and the mass of the racket helps you generate heavy shots without any problem..

The only downside of the K95 is the lack of shock absorption. The vibrations goes straight into your elbow and every shot really goes into your arm.

About the PST GT,, well, I have now used it 4 hours and , well, itīs ok, but I am not prepared to give it a green light yet. After my period with the K95īs I went on to play 6 months with the old PST and so far I must say I like the older version without GT more then the new version. The older version feels much more like a sportcar and the feel is more "raw" if u understand.

The GT feels like itīs to much vibration dampening bulit into the frame and I like the raw feel of the old PST (much) better

Thatīs just my 5 cents though,,, Everyone else here seems to praise the PST GT like itīs the holy grail :)

I will reduce the tension in my rackets and see if the PST GT plays more to my liking. So far I have the exact same setup as on my old PSTīs