PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used or tried Volkl Strings?

chaddles
08-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Just wondering if there are any Volkl string users out there, or anyone who has tried them out?? Don't hear of too much chatter about them and am interested to find out if they are any good or not.

Richie Rich
08-24-2009, 05:01 PM
the volkl catapult multi on sale at TW is a nice soft multi string. good quality. that's about the only volkl string i have used.

Lakers4Life
08-24-2009, 06:00 PM
I've tried Volkl Cyclone, it a decent poly for the price. I'd compare it to CyberFlash. But like most polys it goes dead after about 10-12 hours.

I was about to try Volkl Gripper, but have started to use natural gut again.

Il Mostro
08-24-2009, 07:52 PM
the volkl catapult multi on sale at TW is a nice soft multi string. good quality. that's about the only volkl string i have used.

The "Euro" Catapult 16L is a very high quality string, and is especially attractive at the TW special price. No slam intended, but for $5.00 a set I have found it to be perfect in both price and playability for the for the "hit & giggle" crowd. Soft, powerful -- and it does not cost an arm and a leg. I am stocking up.

Edit: Strong players tear this stuff up in no time. Great while it lasts, but will not hold up very long with big topspin and heavy hitting. Just want to be clear.

jazar
08-25-2009, 12:58 AM
the volkl strings i've tried i didnt really like. i just felt they lost tension quicker than other similar strings

jonaron
08-25-2009, 06:16 AM
Hate to say it since i want it to still be available, but the Volkl Cat power 16l on sale for $5 is fantastic for the price. Soft, resilient, reasonably durable, comfortable. I also like the powerfibre 2, but for $13 dont think its much of a value.

Fed Kennedy
08-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Anyone tried gripper?

Lakers4Life
08-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Anyone tried gripper?

I was about to but the price has left me a bit line shy. It looks real cool though, I know a guy who had it strung. It's like a clear mono, with a silver sprial thread. Don't ask me how he liked playing with it, he's barely a 2.0 player and would not know any difference.

dancraig
08-25-2009, 07:40 PM
The "Euro" Catapult 16L is a very high quality string, and is especially attractive at the TW special price. No slam intended, but for $5.00 a set I have found it to be perfect in both price and playability for the for the "hit & giggle" crowd. Soft, powerful -- and it does not cost an arm and a leg. I am stocking up.

Edit: Strong players tear this stuff up in no time. Great while it lasts, but will not hold up very long with big topspin and heavy hitting. Just want to be clear.

I'm playing this string now.

Richie Rich
08-26-2009, 04:46 AM

i use it as a cross in a hybrid set up. it lasts as long as most other multis. but you are right - string a full job with this string and hit with some spin and some power, even in an 18x20 frame, and you might get 6-8 hours out of the string before it frays and breaks.