PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon ALU Rough or Tecnifibre Black Code?

quest01
08-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Which string is better overall between these two?

star 5 15
08-24-2009, 05:09 PM
these strings don't even compare. Alu power is amazing, probably the best poly made in my opinion but black code is total garbage. I would take polyspin over it. I hate Black Code. No contest.

quest01
08-24-2009, 07:27 PM
these strings don't even compare. Alu power is amazing, probably the best poly made in my opinion but black code is total garbage. I would take polyspin over it. I hate Black Code. No contest.

What do you think is better overall Luxilon ALU Rough or Power?

murrmanfan13
08-24-2009, 08:06 PM
rough, its the same thing but with texture. black code isnt bad, but fails to high end polys.

Supracool94
08-24-2009, 08:25 PM
It all depends on what you are looking for in a string!

I like Black Code better because it doesn't kill my arm and I think it has better tension maintenance than BB ALU Rough.

In my opinion, BB ALU Rough is over rated! People think since the pros use it, that it must be the best. But you have stop and see what works best for your game

Its possible that super stiffness of BB ALU Rough enables certain people to hit shots in that would normally go out with other strings.

GoaLaSSo
08-24-2009, 10:58 PM
i like black code. its a softer poly that works for me. i used alupower and it played amazing for the first couple hours then died and broke :( Black code plays almost the same and it has lasted me so much longer

[d]ragon
08-25-2009, 12:08 AM

I like Black Code better because it doesn't kill my arm and I think it has better tension maintenance than BB ALU Rough.

In my opinion, BB ALU Rough is over rated! People think since the pros use it, that it must be the best. But you have stop and see what works best for your game

Its possible that super stiffness of BB ALU Rough enables certain people to hit shots in that would normally go out with other strings.

Have you used it. This stuff is great! Except for the price of course. If you get the tension right, awesome stuff. Power? Check. Spin and control? Double check. Comfort is pretty good too if you string it at the right tension and aren't sensitive to poly. It does die rather quickly but freshly strung, there is nothing in the world that compares

Supracool94
08-25-2009, 04:39 AM
Yes, I currently have one of my MG Prestige's strung with:

Mains: Wilson Natural Gut 15L (58lbs) Cross: TF Black Code 16 (52.2 lbs)

I like it, but for some reason my other stick with X-1/ MSV-Hex at the same tension, feels better!

murrmanfan13
08-25-2009, 07:15 AM
ragon;3849100']Have you used it. This stuff is great! Except for the price of course. If you get the tension right, awesome stuff. Power? Check. Spin and control? Double check. Comfort is pretty good too if you string it at the right tension and aren't sensitive to poly. It does die rather quickly but freshly strung, there is nothing in the world that compares

are you asking if he has used black code or rough?

murrmanfan13
08-25-2009, 07:21 AM

supracool, im with you when you say it has poor tension maintenance, and i also agree it can be tough on your arm, but it also gives you some great things. its pricey, it looses tension fast, its tough on your arm, but after that it has more spin, more control, and the perfect amount of power compared to any other string. for me, i have no problems with it on my arm, and i think unless you have super-severe tennis elbow or you string it too tight with the wrong combo, youll be fine also.

ryushen21
08-25-2009, 08:36 AM
I have used both and did a direct comparison between them. Honestly, ALU rough is the better string. It feels better, responds better. It's just a really great string. But I hate that it loses tension so fast. I was getting about 4-6 hours out of a set and that is just no good for me.

I like BC because it is softer and lasts longer (appx. 10-12 hours) and it is cheaper so that is nice too. It hits great, has nice control and spin.

Blade0324
08-25-2009, 01:35 PM
For me Lux is very overrated and overpriced. I am yet to find anything that Lux does better than average at best. I personally like the BC much better. I find it to have better power, more control, slightly better spin, easier on arm, better tension maint. and cheaper. Add it all up and BC>Lux 100% of the time IMO.

dr325i
08-25-2009, 01:58 PM
ALU Power hands down.

dr325i
08-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Yes, I currently have one of my MG Prestige's strung with:

Mains: Wilson Natural Gut 15L (58lbs) Cross: TF Black Code 16 (52.2 lbs)

I like it, but for some reason my other stick with X-1/ MSV-Hex at the same tension, feels better!

So you have NOT checked LUX Rough as that is what he asked you about...
BC is OK, but cannot compare it to each other...

quest01
08-26-2009, 09:32 PM
I know there has been a thread on this but I strung a racquet with full poly and I don't really like the power level would it be alright if I cut the crosses and replaced the strings with natural gut or a multi?

I was thinking about mounting the racquet right away, cut the crosses quickly then start stringing with something else to relieve stress on the frame.