PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Blue and Big Ace = String higher tension?

Power Player
08-25-2009, 07:29 AM
I tried out some Big Ace and strung it at 57# ( ~ my usual tension) . Well the results were really bad. I hated it. Now I am reading that it needs to be strung a lot higher, at around 63#. This makes sense because it is a soft string, and I was sailing balls all over. I had another apdc with Cyberflash at 56# that I would switch in, and I was totally fine.

Well in the samper I got, I received some Cyber Blue. Is it the same situation for this string also?

bad_call
08-25-2009, 09:51 AM
I tried out some Big Ace and strung it at 57# ( ~ my usual tension) . Well the results were really bad. I hated it. Now I am reading that it needs to be strung a lot higher, at around 63#. This makes sense because it is a soft string, and I was sailing balls all over. I had another apdc with Cyberflash at 56# that I would switch in, and I was totally fine.

Well in the samper I got, I received some Cyber Blue. Is it the same situation for this string also?

i string CB 17L at least 1 lb higher than multi tension. if u tend to hit out more then suggest upping the tension again. BA 1.22 is lower rated power than the other BA gauges so dropped tension on this 2-3 lbs. can't comment on the other gauges. also BA seems to play better the more it's used.

Power Player
08-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Ok..Ill try it at 60.

stanfordtennis alum
08-25-2009, 10:49 AM
yes, i found both of these strings play better at higher tensions.. i string mine in the 60lb range

Power Player
08-31-2009, 04:56 AM
Success at 60. Thanks guys. I like the string a lot better then Big Ace at least Day 1. It has a huge crack to it when you hit. I will see how it holds tension.

domhas1
08-31-2009, 05:59 AM
Success at 60. Thanks guys. I like the string a lot better then Big Ace at least Day 1. It has a huge crack to it when you hit. I will see how it holds tension.

What tension do you normally string at? I am contemplating a blue gear/big ace red hybrid (1.25mm) and since I normally string at 59 lbs, the pro supex people told me to do the blue gear mains at 59 and the big ace crosses at 57...

Power Player
08-31-2009, 04:32 PM
I normally do full poly at 56 or 57 and a multi at 59.