PDA

View Full Version : My Math Teacher Just Got Arrested

meowmix
08-25-2009, 02:23 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6982487

I didn't have him as my teacher, but he subbed in on a lot of my classes. He also coached my hs's math team... He was a great guy, and a wonderful teacher...

kimbahpnam
08-25-2009, 02:31 PM
the girl must've needed the extra credit pretty bad.

Serendipitous
08-25-2009, 02:36 PM

LOL......:D:D

goober
08-25-2009, 03:16 PM

I didn't have him as my teacher, but he subbed in on a lot of my classes. He also coached my hs's math team... He was a great guy, and a wonderful teacher...

Hmm smoked weed, had alcohol and sex with underage girls in a teacher-student relationship. Also had explicit photos of another teenage girl from high school on his computer? Sounds like a great guy that I would want to have my daughter taught by...:confused:

CCNM
08-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Meow-that's sad.

malakas
08-25-2009, 03:25 PM
That's very disturbing..:?
A perv like that teaching young children.

raiden031
08-25-2009, 03:41 PM
What is the charge? The age of consent in PA is 16, so he shouldn't be criminally charged. However I agree he should be fired from his job.

jrod
08-25-2009, 03:43 PM
teaching the old school math where 1+1 = 2, and sometimes 3.

perhaps he'll enjoy the new math just as much in prison where you can't get anything other than 2 for an answer unless there is cutlery involved...

JoshDragon
08-25-2009, 03:45 PM

I agree. The thought of that is just freakin gross.

goober
08-25-2009, 03:47 PM
What is the charge? The age of consent in PA is 16, so he shouldn't be criminally charged. However I agree he should be fired from his job.

He was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and corruption of a minor

raiden031
08-25-2009, 03:52 PM
He was charged with endangering the welfare of a child and corruption of a minor

From Wikipedia (Taken from PA code):

Corruption of minors. (a) Offense defined.-- (1) Whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any act corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of any crime, or who knowingly assists or encourages such minor in violating his or her parole or any order of court, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.

This charge typically is used only in plead agreements, but not in cases that actually led to a conviction. In the case cited, "coercion by authority" was in play, this was offered to avoid a **** charge. This insinuates that the commonwealth believes that premarital sex is a corruption of morals.

---

Sounds kinda weak to me. Why make 16 years the age of consent if you can still charge adults for sleeping with them?

goober
08-25-2009, 03:57 PM
From Wikipedia (Taken from PA code):

Corruption of minors. (a) Offense defined.-- (1) Whoever, being of the age of 18 years and upwards, by any act corrupts or tends to corrupt the morals of any minor less than 18 years of age, or who aids, abets, entices or encourages any such minor in the commission of any crime, or who knowingly assists or encourages such minor in violating his or her parole or any order of court, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.

This charge typically is used only in plead agreements, but not in cases that actually led to a conviction. In the case cited, "coercion by authority" was in play, this was offered to avoid a **** charge. This insinuates that the commonwealth believes that premarital sex is a corruption of morals.

---

Sounds kinda weak to me. Why make 16 years the age of consent if you can still charge adults for sleeping with them?

I think it has a lot to do with that he was in a position of authority. If it were some 19 year old guy, the charge would not be brought. You also have to remember drugs and alcohol were allegedly present.

meowmix
08-25-2009, 05:10 PM
1. The girl in question was accepted early decision to the University of Pennsylvania. Hawkins (the guy being accuseD) was not involved with any letters of recommendation. She received a 98 the first mp in that stat class (when she was not with the teacher).

2. he was a mathematics genius... best guy at math that I know...

3. I have no idea whether the marajuana part is true, but in my parts... marajuana is probably more common than cigarettes are.

4. the girl in question genuinely liked the guy...

Admittedly, none of this diminishes the fact that he did sleep with one of his students.

And, believe it or not, a lot of my friends that are going into stat still wish they could have him as a teacher. Guys and girls.

CanadianChic
08-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Uggh! Not even in my drunkest moment......

dave333
08-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Reminds of one of my sketchy english teachers lol...

hollywood9826
08-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Meow was the chic hot or she was pushin a duece and a half.

There was cornball teacher in My school who was bangin one of the hottest girls around. She was a senoir and he was like 23 so none of us really cared. And yes Im just a bit south of you and weed and underage drinking are very common.

The guy crossed the line no doubt. But I think at 17 this girl is old enough to make a decision as an adult. He should and will be fired, but it should go no further, unless the other random girl decides she doesnt like him showing the pics of her naked to everyone.

meowmix
08-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Hot? Oh yeah. She was a looker alright.

ubermeyer
08-25-2009, 06:34 PM

I'm sure, sounds like a real role model to me. Who would not want their kids taught by a druggie who looks at explicit pictures of young girls and has intercourse with them, as well as letting them drink alcohol?

hollywood9826
08-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Hot? Oh yeah. She was a looker alright.

I sense Sarcasm. did she look like roseanne barr?

meowmix
08-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Since when do drugs affect how good of a teacher somebody is? He knew his stuff, and certainly knew how to teach it.

As for a role model, he was, and still is to many of us. Yes, his actions outside of school aren't exactly wonderful, but his dedication to his classes was exemplary.

Here's a pretty good metaphor: Hawkins was a Bill Clinton. Yes, he was that good of a teacher.

meowmix
08-25-2009, 06:41 PM
I sense Sarcasm. did she look like roseanne barr?

Nope. She was genuine grade A+ material.

CanadianChic
08-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Maybe she has a fetish.

Claudius
08-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Maybe she has a fetish.

A math teacher fetish?

CanadianChic
08-25-2009, 07:00 PM
A math teacher fetish?

A much older, overweight man fetish. Believe it or not there are some women who find that the more repulsive the sex partner, the better. Don't ask me why.

dave333
08-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Maybe she just finds intelligence or something really really really really really really sexy

Claudius
08-25-2009, 07:15 PM
or maybe he is a player. :)

canadave
08-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Reminds of one of my sketchy english teachers lol...

Hey, you didn't go to Stuyvesant HS in New York back in the 1980's, did you? Because if so, I think you and I are thinking of the same teacher ;)

maverick66
08-25-2009, 07:19 PM
or maybe he is a player. :)

some guys got a way with words. He knows what she wants and he gives it to her. That might be that she wants an A but it got him a good time. Its kinda sick and messed up but it gave me a laugh that the guy was an ugly guy.:)

10sfreak
08-25-2009, 07:31 PM
A much older, overweight man fetish. Believe it or not there are some women who find that the more repulsive the sex partner, the better. Don't ask me why.
Hot-damn! Send them to me, CC! Looks like there's hope for me yet!:-)

CanadianChic
08-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Haha. Don't cut yourself short....leave that to me in a debate. ;)

dave333
08-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Hey, you didn't go to Stuyvesant HS in New York back in the 1980's, did you? Because if so, I think you and I are thinking of the same teacher ;)

No.

10 char. lol

I don't think my English teacher can be any sketchier. A friend of mine who graduated a few years ago went to his house and had vodka with him. That is all I know about that incident. Apparently there is a correlation between amount of bra size and grade as well. Four friends who graduated this year went to his house and played cranium with him and his wife. He isn't a big fan of students with y chromosomes, unless you give him chocolate. His wife is loaded, and it allows him to wear designer clothing and drive a BMW and a really nice volvo, and he lives in a fancy *** house.

I suppose I'm kinda weird for knowing all that.

canadave
08-25-2009, 07:57 PM
No.

10 char. lol

I don't think my English teacher can be any sketchier. A friend of mine who graduated a few years ago went to his house and had vodka with him. That is all I know about that incident. Apparently there is a correlation between amount of bra size and grade as well. Four friends who graduated this year went to his house and played cranium with him and his wife. He isn't a big fan of students with y chromosomes, unless you give him chocolate. His wife is loaded, and it allows him to wear designer clothing and drive a BMW and a really nice volvo, and he lives in a fancy *** house.

I suppose I'm kinda weird for knowing all that.
lol....oh, okay. Yep, sounds like your teacher is pretty sketchy. The guy I was referring to is pretty sketchy too....I was in his class one semester, and it sure was a little weird....:
http://www.nytimes.com/1995/05/19/nyregion/teacher-is-removed-after-students-say-he-told-sex-stories.html

persondudething
08-25-2009, 07:58 PM
well, if she was as hot as the OP claims, then i would bet alot of money that she had already been "corrupted" by someone else... i bet her parents, who still believed in their daughters purity pushed for the criminal charges.

...i could be wrong though...

mlktennis
08-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Since when do drugs affect how good of a teacher somebody is? He knew his stuff, and certainly knew how to teach it.

As for a role model, he was, and still is to many of us. Yes, his actions outside of school aren't exactly wonderful, but his dedication to his classes was exemplary.

Here's a pretty good metaphor: Hawkins was a Bill Clinton. Yes, he was that good of a teacher.

He's dedicated b/c his motive is not just to teach, but to impress young impressionable girls. He's a predator and you students are all too easy prey.

yes, he's a good teacher, that is a talent and a skill...but I'm sure he goes the extra mile to be the funny one, to be the cool one, the one that cares, and makes you wish all your teachers were so great. Why? b/c he see's something he likes and will go the extra mile to get it.

Deuce
08-25-2009, 10:17 PM
The guy crossed the line no doubt. But I think at 17 this girl is old enough to make a decision as an adult. He should and will be fired, but it should go no further, unless the other random girl decides she doesnt like him showing the pics of her naked to everyone.
^ You obviously don't recall how pitifully ignorant YOU were when you were 17...
sigh...

^ Or maybe... just maybe the girl is screwed up (look into her family life - I'll bet you'll find something tragic). Maybe 'desperately looking for love', etc...
And the teacher took absolute advantage of his obviously superior maturity and experience and exploited this advantage to his own selfish benefit - and to the girl's detriment.

^ Why on Earth do you persist in defending this absolute creep?
Get out of your little fantasy world and wake up.
The quality of his teaching skills are entirely and absolutely irrelevant here. Just as irrelevant as are his tennis skills. And his favourite cereal. The guy took advantage of a young girl. He's an absolute creep.
If you don't get that, you're troubled, as well.

CanadianChic
08-25-2009, 11:00 PM
^ Or maybe... just maybe the girl is screwed up (look into her family life - I'll bet you'll find something tragic). Maybe 'desperately looking for love', etc...
And the teacher took absolute advantage of his obviously superior maturity and experience and exploited this advantage to his own selfish benefit - and to the girl's detriment.

Oh, definitely. There is something seriously wrong for a seventeen year old to sleep with a man over twice her age. I also agree he was selfish and exploited her. I would be curious to know more about it. I remember seventeen and I knew darn well sleeping with a teacher was wrong. At that age you are hardly a babe-in-the-woods but yet are not 'fully' aware of the ramifications of your actions. I would have to hear both sides before rendering a verdict but it is possible she was attracted to him. Regardless, he knew better.

raiden031
08-26-2009, 03:50 AM
Oh, definitely. There is something seriously wrong for a seventeen year old to sleep with a man over twice her age. I also agree he was selfish and exploited her. I would be curious to know more about it. I remember seventeen and I knew darn well sleeping with a teacher was wrong. At that age you are hardly a babe-in-the-woods but yet are not 'fully' aware of the ramifications of your actions. I would have to hear both sides before rendering a verdict but it is possible she was attracted to him. Regardless, he knew better.

If a 17 year old is "aware" enough to be given the responsibility of driving a car, and living on their own at college, then they are capable of consenting to sex with an older man. I don't think its right to even create legislation saying that a 16 year old can sleep with a 50 year old, but then if its a teacher you arrest them for it. That should be handled by the school, not the criminal system.

In this case I would charge him with 'corruptio of a minor' solely for providing her drugs and alcohol, not for sex.

stormholloway
08-26-2009, 04:17 AM

Good to know where your threshold is.

stormholloway
08-26-2009, 04:20 AM
The guy took advantage of a young girl. He's an absolute creep.

Sounds like the girl was into it. The relationship was pretty consistent. Is a man of his age always considered "taking advantage" if the girl is 17?

Moz
08-26-2009, 04:40 AM
Interesting topic.

I believe the age of consent in Spain is 13 and in most of Europe it's 16. In the UK it's 16 unless that person is in a position of trust (e.g. teacher) in which cases it's 18.

Just goes to show that any age chosen to enforce the law is arbitrary and when it varies from country to country is it really just for the country with the higher limit to moralise on the matter (although it is just for them to arrest for it as they determine alone what is just). Obviously there has to be an age chosen but it seems ridiculous to say that one is corrupting a minor at 17 years and 363 days old but not 2 days later.

What is not really acceptable are the double standards that can be apparent within a particularly country. E.g. in the UK there have been a few instances of female teachers and underage boys getting very light sentences whereas in the opposite instance the penalties are draconian.

Moz
08-26-2009, 04:43 AM
...and the age of consent in The Vatican state is 12.

Not altogether surprising I suppose!

max
08-26-2009, 04:49 AM

Oh. I would've said "drunkennest", but I don't get a chance to use that word as often as I should. Maybe it's "most drunken". Heck. Just give me a beer.

meowmix
08-26-2009, 05:18 AM
[/QUOTE]^ Why on Earth do you persist in defending this absolute creep?
The quality of his teaching skills are entirely and absolutely irrelevant here. Just as irrelevant as are his tennis skills. And his favourite cereal. The guy took advantage of a young girl. He's an absolute creep.
If you don't get that, you're troubled, as well.[/QUOTE]

Why? Because he was a genuinely wonderful teacher, and I respect the **** out of him for his mathematical prowesss and ability to reach out to everybody and teach. I don't condone his actions with the student, but then again, it was her choice.

I guess what I'm saying is this: Hawkins screwed up- majorly. But that in no way diminishes the fact that he's a wonderful teacher that I will always respect.

raiden031
08-26-2009, 05:26 AM
What is not really acceptable are the double standards that can be apparent within a particularly country. E.g. in the UK there have been a few instances of female teachers and underage boys getting very light sentences whereas in the opposite instance the penalties are draconian.

Yeah, whats funny is that when I was in high school, I wished I coulda slept with some of the female teachers. Even now I don't think it woulda been a big deal if I was 16-17 and sleeping with a teacher. I totally get the ethical concerns and respect that, and knowing what I know now I certainly wouldn't do it because it would jeopardize the career and freedom of the teacher.

In the US even the females get decent prison time, but I feel like its actually the student that coerces the teacher into it, because its more a gender role issue than an age one, IMO. Male usually pursues female and in the case of the female being the teacher, they are the ones charged.

diggler
08-26-2009, 05:43 AM
The crime is that he is a teacher. The age gap is just odd, not criminal.

As a high school teacher myself, you do see a lot of hot teenage girls. I think it is only human to see that they are attractive, but of course you know it is wrong to have improper relationships.

henrybear
08-26-2009, 05:51 AM
pics of the chick or she's ugly =]
jkjk...I really can't ever imagine a honestly good looking girl in one of these disgusting relationships...I mean, I have yet to run into one in real life.

Makes me wonder about the kind of stuff that happens outside of NYC

hollywood9826
08-26-2009, 05:58 AM
I remeber there was a female teacher in FL I think. the teacher was super hot and the public reaction was more like good job kid for scoring the hot piece. When the female teachers are ugly and its a dude the reaction is how dare they abuse such a young teenager.

As a high school senoir it would be more acceptable to be bangin a teacher than a 14 yo freshman. Which happens alot around my way.

meowmix
08-26-2009, 07:03 AM
jkjk...I really can't ever imagine a honestly good looking girl in one of these disgusting relationships...I mean, I have yet to run into one in real life.

I will not post pictures of her... I don't want to completely ruin her ruptation as I know her pretty well. She still has a very bright future ahead of her, as long as her name doesn't get out there.

goober
08-26-2009, 07:12 AM

I had an english teacher that was with a very attractive girl from my school that was in his class. The difference was that he played it smart. He waited till she graduated from high school and then asked her out that summer. So even though everybody I know from school thought he was basically preying on her, nothing ever happened to him. He basically dated her for a short time, got what he wanted and then dumped her.

Underhand
08-26-2009, 07:29 AM
I hate math and proud of it.

r2473
08-26-2009, 07:47 AM

rommil
08-26-2009, 07:55 AM

Why? Because he was a genuinely wonderful teacher, and I respect the **** out of him for his mathematical prowesss and ability to reach out to everybody and teach. I don't condone his actions with the student, but then again, it was her choice.

I guess what I'm saying is this: Hawkins screwed up- majorly. But that in no way diminishes the fact that he's a wonderful teacher that I will always respect.[/QUOTE]

He wasn't good enough to calculate the percentage of him getting caught.

ttbrowne
08-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Wait a minute...in four months she had sex with him approx 480 times?

This girl is gonna be popular after she hits 18.

max
08-26-2009, 12:41 PM

Nice tidbit of anti-Catholicism; ugly to see.

Moz
08-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Nice tidbit of anti-Catholicism; ugly to see.

It was more a throwaway comment than an indication of anti-catholicism. In general I find catholicism no more ludicrous than any other religion.

Although in the realm of abuse of minors one could argue the catholic church have their own particular and peculiar history which sets them apart from other religions.

sureshs
08-26-2009, 03:22 PM
She was doing some Advanced Placement with him, that is all.

Moz
08-26-2009, 04:22 PM

reply to a deleted post..

Dedans Penthouse
08-26-2009, 04:23 PM
It was more a throwaway comment than an indication of anti-catholicism. In general I find catholicism no more ludicrous than any other religion.

Although in the realm of abuse of minors one could argue the catholic church have their own particular and peculiar history which sets them apart from other religions.Sweet!....

YOUR obviously anti-VATICAN-SPECIFIC post is allowed to sit.....and yet, when I call you (Moz) on it (on the face of it) ... all bet's are off....gee, that's fair....courtesy of:

......that lying-in-wait-dying-to-ban-DP TW mod (Sp*****) who deletes it WITHIN 3 MINUTES of it's posting? Res ipsa loquitur.

Again, nice dodge attempt Moz....and rest assured, your mod-friends in high places are on the same :selective: page as you:

you 24-carat, west-coast BIGOTED phony.

Moz
08-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Sweet!....

This obviously anti-VATICAN-SPECIFIC post is allowed to sit.....and when I call you (Moz) on it......the TW mods (SPENCER) delete it WITHIN 3 MINUTES of it's posting.

Well done Spencer....you lying-in-wait ****ing hypocrite who've been dying to have me banned.

FU, you 24-carat west-coast BIGOTED phony.

Wouldn't he just ban you if he felt that way?

Moz
08-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Again, nice dodge attempt Moz....and rest assured, your mod-friends in high places are on the same :selective: page as you:

I couldn't really care less about dodging anything.

It was obviously a reference to the abysmal child abuse record of the catholic church via the vatican.

I just don't believe what I wrote is a big deal, hence the term throwaway. Call it what you want, doesn't bother me.

ubermeyer
08-26-2009, 04:35 PM

what the devil? lol, that's the stupidest thing i ever heard... 12???

ubermeyer
08-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Male usually pursues female and in the case of the female being the teacher, they are the ones charged.

wow, that's one of the most sexist generalizations i have ever heard.

CanadianChic
08-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Wouldn't he just ban you if he felt that way?

Nope, he edited his post but for all we know he never typed those words. Your standing could be in question since you quoted him and left it in the thread.

Claudius
08-26-2009, 05:53 PM
I don't get why guys are so into hot female teachers.

raiden031
08-26-2009, 06:58 PM

Are you kidding? Thats one of the most accurate generalizations ever.

Lakoste
08-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Meowmix is defending this guy because he's a good teacher? Every school has that one teacher that is amazing. This guy sounds like a creepo.

Nope, he edited his post but for all we know he never typed those words. Your standing could be in question since you quoted him and left it in the thread.

You really think he didn't type those words? :rolleyes: Don't see whats DP getting mad about, Moz's Vatican comment was light hearted and funny.

ReopeningWed
08-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Meowmix is defending this guy because he's a good teacher? Every school has that one teacher that is amazing. This guy sounds like a creepo.

Maybe Meowmix is getting extra credit from him too. :lol:

Deuce
08-26-2009, 10:43 PM
If a 17 year old is "aware" enough to be given the responsibility of driving a car, and living on their own at college, then they are capable of consenting to sex with an older man. I don't think its right to even create legislation saying that a 16 year old can sleep with a 50 year old, but then if its a teacher you arrest them for it. That should be handled by the school, not the criminal system.

In this case I would charge him with 'corruptio of a minor' solely for providing her drugs and alcohol, not for sex.
^ You should read more.

Sounds like the girl was into it. The relationship was pretty consistent. Is a man of his age always considered "taking advantage" if the girl is 17?
^ Yes - because of the huge emotional and psychological advantage that the more experienced person (much older male or female) has over the inexperienced person (much younger male or female).
This is a circumstance which begs to be abused - and more often is than isn't.

I guess what I'm saying is this: Hawkins screwed up- majorly. But that in no way diminishes the fact that he's a wonderful teacher that I will always respect.
^ How utterly convenient of you to focus on his teaching skills rather than on his exploitative defects which may very well have altered the life of a young girl.

What he did with the girl should entirely overshadow any teaching ability he may have... or tennis ability he may have... or that his favourite colour is green... etc.
An individual's character is far more important than is any specific talent they may possess - and so the decision of whether or not to respect an individual should be made based on the person's character, and not whether they can ride a unicycle while juggling...

CyBorg
08-26-2009, 10:58 PM

It's easy to judge, but eventually one gets to be 45 and then it's "**** it" time.

Duzza
08-26-2009, 10:59 PM

Hmmmm I don't get how guys COULDN'T be. Having a hot teacher is like having apple juice on a Sunday.

CyBorg
08-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Hmmmm I don't get how guys COULDN'T be. Having a hot teacher is like having apple juice on a Sunday.

Having a hot student is like having apple juice on a Sunday... to some people.

Duzza
08-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Having a hot student is like having apple juice on a Sunday... to some people.

Well I guess it depends what a Sunday is like. I'd imagine in Canada they aren't too uplifting

CyBorg
08-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Well I guess it depends what a Sunday is like. I'd imagine in Canada they aren't too uplifting

I don't know. The healthcare is free, so it's comforting to know that if I collapse someone will come for my body.

Moz
08-26-2009, 11:56 PM

Are you suggesting I made up what he wrote? The post I quoted is still in this thread.

stormholloway
08-27-2009, 05:15 AM

Not so sure about that, but it is, in fact, one of the most accurate generalizations ever, and hardly an offensive one.

Umm, because guys are into hot females? I'm into hot female plumbers as well. Why? Because I like attractive women.

meowmix
08-27-2009, 05:44 AM
^ How utterly convenient of you to focus on his teaching skills rather than on his exploitative defects which may very well have altered the life of a young girl.

What he did with the girl should entirely overshadow any teaching ability he may have... or tennis ability he may have... or that his favourite colour is green... etc.
An individual's character is far more important than is any specific talent they may possess - and so the decision of whether or not to respect an individual should be made based on the person's character, and not whether they can ride a unicycle while juggling...

I disagree. I have absolutely no respect for the decisions that President George Bush made, but I respect the heck out of him for being able/willing to stand by his decisions when his approval ratings were in the 20's. Same thing here.

Likewise, I have no respect for Clinton deciding to engage in "other" activities with a paige, but I sure as heck respect Clinton for managing the country well.

raiden031
08-27-2009, 05:50 AM

Because adult women have more attractive personalities than teenage girls. Plus its something few guys get to experience.

sureshs
08-27-2009, 09:05 AM
I disagree. I have absolutely no respect for the decisions that President George Bush made, but I respect the heck out of him for being able/willing to stand by his decisions when his approval ratings were in the 20's. Same thing here.

Likewise, I have no respect for Clinton deciding to engage in "other" activities with a paige, but I sure as heck respect Clinton for managing the country well.

Standing by wrong decisions or immoral activities does not deserve respect. A President's duty is to the people, not to stroke his own ego by thinking of himself as a guy who is sticking to decisions.

sureshs
08-27-2009, 09:13 AM
It's easy to judge, but eventually one gets to be 45 and then it's "**** it" time.

Spoken with wisdom.

If the girl was forcing herself on him, I can understand why he would succumb. The problem here is the position of authority.

BTW, I think the thinking about age difference is outmoded. Social attitudes in this respect consist of portraying the older guy as a dirty old man or the older woman as a predator. These attitudes came to use from times when longevity was less, women worked only at home, and men were the bread winners. Women were expected to be somewhat younger in age than the men at the time of marriage, because of their narrower age window of fertility. "Boys" were also supposed to be less mature than "girls" for the same age and took later to "settle down" and take over the family farm or business.

Today things are quite a bit different, but our attitudes remain the same.

meowmix
08-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Standing by wrong decisions or immoral activities does not deserve respect. A President's duty is to the people, not to stroke his own ego by thinking of himself as a guy who is sticking to decisions.

Huh? Can you please elaborate/explain yourself? I'm not quite sure what you're saying.

albino smurf
08-27-2009, 09:57 AM

I guess what I'm saying is this: Hawkins screwed up- majorly. But that in no way diminishes the fact that he's a wonderful teacher that I will always respect.[/QUOTE]

Someday you will see that his actions are inexcusable. You are too young to believe it just like the girl involved was too young to realize why it was wrong and how wrong it was. The teacher should have. It is predatory to give a minor drugs and alcohol and sleep with them, even if they are consenting. Believe it or not but teens are very easy to manipulate, particularly emotionally needy teens. This teacher needs to face the consequences of his actions. BTW Lots of people are good at math.

Dedans Penthouse
08-27-2009, 10:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0XLKcMoXRE

Deuce
08-27-2009, 08:16 PM

^ You go out of your way several times in this thread to point out what a great guy and great teacher you think he is.
Your praise of him is very loud and very clear... while your negative comments about his exploitation and abuse of the young girl are significantly more quiet and weak.

That makes you troubled in my book.

If the girl was forcing herself on him, I can understand why he would succumb. The problem here is the position of authority.

BTW, I think the thinking about age difference is outmoded. Social attitudes in this respect consist of portraying the older guy as a dirty old man or the older woman as a predator. These attitudes came to use from times when longevity was less, women worked only at home, and men were the bread winners. Women were expected to be somewhat younger in age than the men at the time of marriage, because of their narrower age window of fertility. "Boys" were also supposed to be less mature than "girls" for the same age and took later to "settle down" and take over the family farm or business.

Today things are quite a bit different, but our attitudes remain the same.
^ This is pure lunacy.

If you do not think that a 45 year old is emotionally, psychologically, and intellectually far, far superior to a 17 year old, then you simply do not understand life.

Of course a 45 year old holds those advantages - among others - over a 17 year old... and this then becomes a circumstance that is rife for all sorts of abuse, exploitation, etc.

You should get out more.

raiden031
08-28-2009, 03:52 AM
^ You go out of your way several times in this thread to point out what a great guy and great teacher you think he is.
Your praise of him is very loud and very clear... while your negative comments about his exploitation and abuse of the young girl are significantly more quiet and weak.

^ This is pure lunacy.

If you do not think that a 45 year old is emotionally, psychologically, and intellectually far, far superior to a 17 year old, then you simply do not understand life.

Of course a 45 year old holds those advantages - among others - over a 17 year old... and this then becomes a circumstance that is rife for all sorts of abuse, exploitation, etc.

You should get out more.

So should there be a law where its illegal for anyone to sleep together if they are more than say 10 years apart? I mean because if a 45 year old man is emotionally and intellectually superior to a 25 year old woman, then it must be r@pe, right?

meowmix
08-28-2009, 05:09 AM

I remember the man that he was.

mucat
08-28-2009, 10:34 AM

I don't know. I have apple juice everyday...

Puddy
08-28-2009, 10:00 PM

If this teacher is NOT your math teacher, then why did you start this thread with the title "My Math Teacher Just Got Arrested" anyway? :?

Deuce
08-28-2009, 10:51 PM
So should there be a law where its illegal for anyone to sleep together if they are more than say 10 years apart? I mean because if a 45 year old man is emotionally and intellectually superior to a 25 year old woman, then it must be r@pe, right?
^ Are you truly that dumb, or is this just your version of 'subtle manipulation'?

albino smurf
08-29-2009, 06:05 AM
If this teacher is NOT your math teacher, then why did you start this thread with the title "My Math Teacher Just Got Arrested" anyway? :?

This guy must have had charisma that isn't carrying through on his photo. The OP's comments show how easy it would be to manipulate teens.

OP remember this when you have children and think about how you felt now and then.

maverick66
08-29-2009, 08:30 AM
I remember the man that he was.

Any man that abuses the teacher-student relationship like this was never a good man. Even if the girl threw herself at him he is the teacher and needs to stop it right there.

OP remember this when you have children and think about how you felt now and then.

When I was a teen i would have had the same reaction. It would have been so what it was just sex. As we get older we learn how wrong it is for an older man to touch teenage girls as they are to easily manipulated into things. All you need is something to make them feel special and they will do almost anything you want. Its a really scary thought but thats how it is.

Kobble
08-29-2009, 03:59 PM
That's why he brings weed, too.:)

Kobble
08-29-2009, 04:04 PM
He's dedicated b/c his motive is not just to teach, but to impress young impressionable girls. He's a predator and you students are all too easy prey.

yes, he's a good teacher, that is a talent and a skill...but I'm sure he goes the extra mile to be the funny one, to be the cool one, the one that cares, and makes you wish all your teachers were so great. Why? b/c he see's something he likes and will go the extra mile to get it.Deuce, use the other screen name.