PDA

View Full Version : A Very Random String Question

Spyre
08-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Okay; I know very little about strings, yet play tons of competition tennis. I have always had Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour Strings, but am looking to experiment, with a random question popping up with that train of thought: I am a more spin/control oriented person with occasional troubles hitting deep sometimes/with more power, and am wondering that if I used a power string like a Luxilon Big Banger etc... Would that allow me to hit deeper/more power while still maintaining that level of control?

bsandy
08-25-2009, 06:06 PM
I would consider hybriding your PHT with a multi or synthetic gut, for a tad more power.

. . . Bud

Spyre
08-25-2009, 06:09 PM
I would consider hybriding your PHT with a multi or synthetic gut, for a tad more power.

. . . Bud

Thanks alot, I'll experiment and see how things go.

Hidious
08-25-2009, 06:14 PM
I cannot comment about Big Banger but i suggest you try hybriding your usual Pro Hurricane Tour with a softer cross. I think this should retain most of your usual PHT's caracteristics while providing slighly more feel, power and pop.

You can start with a softer poly on the crosses then move down to syn guts and multis until you have the desired power level. Natural Gut could also blow your mind if you have the $. Our friend Roddick seems to appreciate this setup. (PHT/VS Team i think)

Hidious
08-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Ha, i'm so slow... Listen to Bud anyway.

Spyre
08-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Ha, i'm so slow... Listen to Bud anyway.

Thanks anyway :) At least you guys know what you're talking about when it comes to strings :p