PDA

View Full Version : Stringing a PST GT

10isplayer
08-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Ok as the title says I need a little help stringing up this bad boy. TW says its a one piece and I wanted to hybrid it instead of doing a full poly. Any ideas on how to get around this problem?

PS any suggestions on what I should put on the cross after having BBO on the mains.

10isplayer
08-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Any help??

pvaudio
08-25-2009, 08:47 PM
That's like asking "what should I have for dinner". If that's the case, are you asking "how should I cook my dinner" or are you wondering what the dish should be? We can help you for the former, but the latter takes more discussion and information than what you provided.

DizBoiDanny
08-25-2009, 08:58 PM
In order for you to string a PST you two piece. You have to tie a knot on the third cross(thats the tie off hole or get a starting clamp and tie it off when you get on your fourth cross.

If you do not have a starting clamp:
1) Weave the strings and pull it and clamp it.
2) Weave the second string, pull it, and clamp it.
3.) This is where it gets tricky because you don't have three clamps but two. Weave the third and fourth string, double pull, and clamp with the clamp that is on the SECOND string.
4) Once that is done tie off the cross on the third cross from the top and remove that clamp from the first cross.
5. Tension the FOURTH string and release the clamp and clamp the SECOND string. Repull the third string, clamp, and repull the fourth string and clamp.
6) Finish the racquet and you're done.

Good luck.

10isplayer
08-26-2009, 02:31 PM
That's like asking "what should I have for dinner". If that's the case, are you asking "how should I cook my dinner" or are you wondering what the dish should be? We can help you for the former, but the latter takes more discussion and information than what you provided.

What are you talking about? I asked how you string a racket with a hybrid when its designed as a 1 piece racket??

And I asked if anyone had any suggestions on what worked well with the PST GT. You really do confuse me.

10isplayer
08-26-2009, 02:32 PM
In order for you to string a PST you two piece. You have to tie a knot on the third cross(thats the tie off hole or get a starting clamp and tie it off when you get on your fourth cross.

If you do not have a starting clamp:
1) Weave the strings and pull it and clamp it.
2) Weave the second string, pull it, and clamp it.
3.) This is where it gets tricky because you don't have three clamps but two. Weave the third and fourth string, double pull, and clamp with the clamp that is on the SECOND string.
4) Once that is done tie off the cross on the third cross from the top and remove that clamp from the first cross.
5. Tension the FOURTH string and release the clamp and clamp the SECOND string. Repull the third string, clamp, and repull the fourth string and clamp.
6) Finish the racquet and you're done.

Good luck.

Great thanks for all of your help I will try this out when I'm stringing the racket tomorrow.

pvaudio
08-26-2009, 02:52 PM
What are you talking about? I asked how you string a racket with a hybrid when its designed as a 1 piece racket??

And I asked if anyone had any suggestions on what worked well with the PST GT. You really do confuse me.
I was trying to figure out if you were asking what strings to use with a two piece, or how to do a two piece on that frame in the first place. You were talking about the latter :)

TennisandMusic
08-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Or you could just string the crosses bottom up. It's generally "not recommended" to do things that way but I believe Babolat actually specifies to do it this way if you're doing two piece on this racquet. And if you do, you don't have to do any of that clamping trickery. You just tie on the cross to the main on the bottom and go. I've never ever had a PST of any sort look like it was being stressed when doing it that way either.