PDA

View Full Version : The Game of Tennis ?????

penang
04-04-2005, 07:34 PM
I consider myself athletic type. Play team sports like soccer, basketball, swim,
individual sports badminton, running, table tennis and etc. I never got frustrated in any sports but tennis.
You don't see, table tennis players throw the paddle or squeeze the ball or badminton player pick out all the feathers from the shuttlecock or break the racquet. Basketball or soccer players shout or talk to the ball when thing don't go their way.
Why Tennis, please tell me what is so wrong with this sport. I watched Federer throw his racquet at Nasdaq 100 yesterday. A cool guy like him, show how frustrated the game is.
I guess losing the cool, most of the time help me play better and improved my mistake. But keep whinning and shouting on my mistake, kind like embarassing too while many people watching. I can't help myself.

theace21
04-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Trying playing golf if you want to get fustrated. In tennis you only have yourself to blame for poor play, no teammates to encourage and assist you in stressful times...

Geezer Guy
04-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Athletes in every sport make public displays of emotions. Check out the touchdown dances in football, players beating up players in hockey, players beating up fans in basketbrawl, fans beating up fans in soccer, boxers biting off ears in boxing. So a tennis player throws his racquet? Par for the course.

Then again, there are some players in each sport who refuse to show excessive emotion, who act with dignity and class, give time and money to charity, etc.

johnmcc516
04-05-2005, 08:13 AM
I am different. I get frustrated when I play other people, but I keep it in. I get frustrated when I am just hitting groundstrokes for practice, but I don't show it. I get frustrated when I play my dad, but he beats me so bad that I go crazy and let out bursts of anger occassionally.

tennis-n-sc
04-05-2005, 08:43 AM
theace21 is sooo right. Give golf a try. Tennis is a snap compared to golf but then again it is rare to see a pro golfer throw his club in the lake although I'm sure it has happened.