PDA

View Full Version : Duralast is here!!

rnrockz1
08-26-2009, 11:44 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACBAB-BD16.html

Rafa's string is here- will Babolat stop advertising Hurraicane now with Rafa?

stanfordtennis alum
08-26-2009, 11:46 AM
a very stiff-outdated string IMO.. better strings out there for the price

Nanshiki
08-26-2009, 11:51 AM

Of course not; the profit margin with PHT is way better.

bladepdb
08-26-2009, 09:03 PM
a very stiff-outdated string IMO.. better strings out there for the price

True...

But the average tennis player (just like the average American citizen) is not smart enough to understand subtleties.

If they hear Nadal is using Duralast, they will want to try it.

Nanshiki
08-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Until they find out it's crap and get mad at Babolat for trying to make them pay $8 for what is basically a $3 set of 1st-gen poly. Which is probably why they're trying to get them to pay $12 for a set of modern poly.

IIRC, Nadal only hasn't changed strings because he doesn't want to mess with what works... although he restrings more than any player on tour. That, and 15ga poly is the only thing that lasts long enough.

ryushen21
08-27-2009, 05:23 PM
I ordered two sets just to try it out because I was curious about tension maintenance. It's seeming more and more doubtful that I am going to like this string.

If anyone has some recs on a poly that holds tension well, please let me know. I'm currently using and loving black code but I've been ordered by the girlfriend to find something cheaper.

J011yroger
08-27-2009, 07:02 PM
I ordered two sets just to try it out because I was curious about tension maintenance. It's seeming more and more doubtful that I am going to like this string.

If anyone has some recs on a poly that holds tension well, please let me know. I'm currently using and loving black code but I've been ordered by the girlfriend to find something cheaper.

How long does the blackcode last you?

What have you used in the past?

Likes/Dislikes?

J

ryushen21
08-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Black code is currently lasting me about 8-10 hours. However, I have been training and am now hitting a harder shot so I am anticipating that it will now last in the 4-6 hour range.

Likes: the softness that it has for a poly, feel on all range of shots (doesn't get boardy on touch shots), spin production, not too powerful and very nice control.

Dislikes: only recently, has gotten a little springy but I think that is due to hitting harder and will probably be resolved by dialing up the tension a few pounds on each side.

Strings I have used previously (all compared to BC):

PHT: too stiff, doesn't produce as much spin imho, but it does seem to last

PLII: Not as spin friendly and less control but very nice in the feel department,

PRC: another stiff one, feels boardy on touch shots but great when you hit out

Cyberflash: Felt cheap and just didn't seem to do what I wanted it to

ALU Rough: best string I have used for the 4.5 hours it would last before going dead. But dead ALU still plays better than most of these other strings

BB TiMo: Hated it, overly stiff, not enough spin and didn't hold tension the way that I would have liked, did have pretty good control though.

All things considered, if there were a longer lasting, cheaper ALU Rough, that's what I would use. BC was close enough for me so that's what I went for.

dincuss
08-28-2009, 10:54 AM
^^
Try original PH 18 its softer than PHT

J011yroger
08-29-2009, 06:02 AM
Why not just a thicker black code?

I just noticed that you use 18.

J

ryushen21
08-29-2009, 07:48 AM
Why not just a thicker black code?

I just noticed that you use 18.

J

I've been leery about that because I really enjoy the 18. I may step gradually down and try out the 17 and then the 16 to see what kind of results I get.

The hard thing is that with coaching and hitting everyday, i'm going to end up spending more money no matter what.

ilikephobo
12-03-2009, 02:52 PM

Remember Rafa uses Duralast Tour

Its just like buying Pro Hurricane if Rafa used Pro Hurricane Tour

MethodTennis
12-04-2009, 11:43 AM
This string is so bad it should really be band used it for over a year its awfull but kind on my pocket

THESEXPISTOL
12-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Duralast is here!!
At the moment is there.. In no time you will want to stick it elsewhere :lol:

E36BMWM3
12-04-2009, 12:18 PM
How come they don't offer 15 gauge?

slice bh compliment
12-04-2009, 12:19 PM
.... I'm currently using and loving black code but I've been ordered by the girlfriend to find something cheaper.

This offends me on two different levels. As a man, and as an athlete.
I'm half joking. Only half.

Rabbit
12-04-2009, 01:17 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what he said, kinda, sorta, in 3/4 time

edman9898
12-04-2009, 02:31 PM
True...

But the average tennis player (just like the average American citizen) is not smart enough to understand subtleties.

If they hear Nadal is using Duralast, they will want to try it.

OK *****hole, I'm an American and I can and do understand "subtleties". Most of the people on this board are Americans and there is no reason to bash anyone. Let's not start a feud here because of some arrogant, egolistic jerk like yourself.

ilikephobo
12-04-2009, 04:00 PM
OK *****hole, I'm an American and I can and do understand "subtleties". Most of the people on this board are Americans and there is no reason to bash anyone. Let's not start a feud here because of some arrogant, egolistic jerk like yourself.

i'm pretty sure that was a joke

but however yeah i'm american, and a nadal fan and yeah i wanna try duralast because my friend and everyone it seems says that its stiff like a barbed wire fence.