PDA

View Full Version : Do REAL K Six One Tour 90's come with one card insert or two?

viggen_pro05
08-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Im trying to figure out if this racket is real or not. I really want to get it. Does anyone know which style insert that the REAL K Six One Tour 90s come with? The one piece or the two piece insert?

I would GREATLY appreciate any help. Thank you

http://www.mygolftrade.com/UploadFiles/200811514631544.jpg
1 Piece

or

http://www.sportshorizon.com/Assets/Wilson%20%5BK%5D%20Six-One%20Tour%2090.JPG
2 Piece

m1stuhxsp4rk5
08-26-2009, 12:22 PM
that looks fake

stevewcosta
08-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Im trying to figure out if this racket is real or not. I really want to get it. Does anyone know which style insert that the REAL K Six One Tour 90s come with? The one piece or the two piece insert?

I would GREATLY appreciate any help. Thank you

http://www.mygolftrade.com/UploadFiles/200811514631544.jpg
1 Piece

or

http://www.sportshorizon.com/Assets/Wilson%20%5BK%5D%20Six-One%20Tour%2090.JPG
2 Piece

Just buy from TW. Problem solved.

smack that
08-26-2009, 06:55 PM
i thik the earliir k90 came with the one insert

the newer ones come with 2

chris
08-26-2009, 07:21 PM
im gunna say real because the fake k 90's ive seen have a rounded throat which is the give away these still have the pointet

ignorant
08-26-2009, 07:22 PM
i think the 1st one is fake

tennisfreak15347
08-26-2009, 08:28 PM
just do yourself a favor. if it's new, and cheap, it's fake. just buy it from tennis warehouse.

baek57
08-26-2009, 08:47 PM
If my eyes don't deceive me, the 1st one has 5 grommets on the PWS. That means it's a fake.

Mick
08-26-2009, 09:13 PM
If my eyes don't deceive me, the 1st one has 5 grommets on the PWS. That means it's a fake.

i can tell the first one is a fake by the position of the W logo on the frame.

if you compare the position of the W logo of the racquet on the first picture and the position of the W logo of the racquet on the second picture, you will notice that the position of the W logo of the racquet in the first picture is very close to the grip handle. An authentic k90 has the W logo near the center of the throat like the second one on the picture.

That said, i know for sure the first one is a fake. I don't know if the second one is a fake or not.

cork_screw
08-26-2009, 09:19 PM
The earlier one came out with one card display. The later versions are two carded displays. Also, you can confirm this by reading on the side. The one card display version (earlier release date) should state "Black (K)arbon" as opposed to "(K)araphite Black." I don't know if someone who owned a copyright to a black carbon branding warned Wilson about a possible lawsuit. Or if they needed to clear up the semantics by properly naming it the scientific chemical compound that they used, so they wouldn't get future suits for of false advertisement. In anyway case, the one piece should read black karbon. I had this version early one when I bought the k90 a week when it was originally issued (I believe in Feb 2007 ???). Sold it since. I purchased the later Karaphite version and noticed the two carded display was added to the presentation design and took away the vibration dampener as a free accessory. I don't know if there's a difference in feel or overall mechanics of the two. Only the printing and packaging is the most noticeable change.

By the way, don't listen to what these "kids" are calling fake. They're 15 years old and only say what they think, as opposed to what they truly know.

Rexking
08-26-2009, 10:55 PM
i can tell the first one is a fake by the position of the W logo on the frame.

if you compare the position of the W logo of the racquet on the first picture and the position of the W logo of the racquet on the second picture, you will notice that the position of the W logo of the racquet in the first picture is very close to the grip handle. An authentic k90 has the W logo near the center of the throat like the second one on the picture.

That said, i know for sure the first one is a fake. I don't know if the second one is a fake or not.

How can you know for sure?? From what I can see and I don't know for sure but the W logo of the racquet on the first picture could "look" close to the grip handle because there could be a black rubber piece covering part of the frame just above grip, thus gives you the illusion the position of W logo in the 1st is different to the 2nd.

baek57
08-26-2009, 11:01 PM
How can you know for sure??

Because there's too many grommets at the pws.

Mick
08-27-2009, 03:12 AM
How can you know for sure?? From what I can see and I don't know for sure but the W logo of the racquet on the first picture could "look" close to the grip handle because there could be a black rubber piece covering part of the frame just above grip, thus gives you the illusion the position of W logo in the 1st is different to the 2nd.

i know for sure because i have bought a fake one (and returned it)

the one on the left is the fake one. the one on the right with the white overgrip is the real one that i bought from tennis warehouse.

it is very obvious when you compare a fake racquet to an authentic racquet.

http://i32.tinypic.com/23vgq3m.jpg

Mick
08-27-2009, 03:18 AM
fake one on top, real one at the bottom (with the larger text)

http://i29.tinypic.com/9qe3xd.jpg

Mick
08-27-2009, 03:24 AM
real one on the left (with the white overgrip), fake one on the right

http://i28.tinypic.com/11tqvf9.jpg

Rexking
08-27-2009, 03:50 AM
i know for sure because i have bought a fake one (and returned it)

the one on the left is the fake one. the one on the right with the white overgrip is the real one that i bought from tennis warehouse.

it is very obvious when you compare a fake racquet to an authentic racquet.

http://i32.tinypic.com/23vgq3m.jpg

I see. Damn these fakes are getting "better" and more "real" now. This is equivalent to 'A+ grade' in fake handbag terms.

What are the weight and balance of your fake one?

Mick
08-27-2009, 03:59 AM
I see. Damn these fakes are getting "better" and more "real" now. This is equivalent to 'A+ grade' in fake handbag terms.

What are the weight and balance of your fake one?
sorry, i didn't have the equipment to make those measurements :(

also, the red color on the fake racquet has more shade of orange when you view it in person and the bumper guard doesn't flush in like it is in the authentic racquet.

i returned it and learned the lesson.

corners
08-27-2009, 08:10 AM
The first one if the OP's post is fake. Aside from the PWS issue, you can see that the bumper guard flares out at the ends. I've heard that means they stuck an N90 bumper on the Fake K90.

I think the only way to get a bargain K90 is to buy used. Even in China you can buy a fake K90 for more than TW sells a new one:)

PrinceMoron
09-10-2009, 02:09 PM
The earlier one came out with one card display. The later versions are two carded displays. Also, you can confirm this by reading on the side. The one card display version (earlier release date) should state "Black (K)arbon" as opposed to "(K)araphite Black." I don't know if someone who owned a copyright to a black carbon branding warned Wilson about a possible lawsuit. Or if they needed to clear up the semantics by properly naming it the scientific chemical compound that they used, so they wouldn't get future suits for of false advertisement. In anyway case, the one piece should read black karbon. I had this version early one when I bought the k90 a week when it was originally issued (I believe in Feb 2007 ???). Sold it since. I purchased the later Karaphite version and noticed the two carded display was added to the presentation design and took away the vibration dampener as a free accessory. I don't know if there's a difference in feel or overall mechanics of the two. Only the printing and packaging is the most noticeable change.

By the way, don't listen to what these "kids" are calling fake. They're 15 years old and only say what they think, as opposed to what they truly know.

There are early one card insert frames with (K)arbon and also (K)arophite - I have examples of both. I have heard of one with the (K)arbon overpainted, but I have never actually seen one, so it could just be a myth.

How do they play? Federer has always had fairly evenly spaced string holes, so that the density does not get tighter toward the pws. First generation K90s had a tighter string pattern towards the PWS. So most of the single card frames, being earlier have this. If you see a 2 card insert with this pattern, it is fake or someone has stuck new inserts onto an old frame.

My experience is that the early frames needed a lower string tension, but maybe that was just my preference.