PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Decipher the Prince Tour Racquets

cadfael_tex
08-26-2009, 03:19 PM
When I came back to tennis in 2005 I demoed a lot of racquets. I ended up getting a Prince O3 Tour (which I think was pretty new at the time). I ended up selling it (wasn't the holy grail) and later regretted it. There don't seem to be many available now (searching the used here and on the bay).

I know there were different 'upgrades' about every year - speed port, ozone, etc. What I liked about the O3 Tour was the flex, weight, and sweetspot. What made me give up on it was the muted feel. I'm not as much interested in the feel because I don't think I'm going to be serve and volleying as much as I return to the game this time (too many injuries).

So which of the Prince O-whatever racquets should I look for? Don't need the latest, a used one would save me some money. Noticed that TW has a demo Hybrid tour but it is heavier and quite a bit stiffer.

Any other racquets that might fit the bill from other brands?

Alec78
08-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Have you considered the Original Graphite?

I picked up a Mid and Oversize a couple months ago and adore them. I don't know why I keep demoing other racquets. New toy syndrome, I guess. The POG is amazing.

cadfael_tex
08-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Tried them occasionally back in the 80's and when I came back. Doesn't fit what I want at all - too heavy and IIRC stiffer feeling than I like.

NickC
08-26-2009, 04:40 PM
You're right, there aren't any o3 Tours available anymore (shame, it was a sweet frame and there hasn't been anything that comes anything close to it) - the Speedport Tour is out of production, and has been for some time. The Ozone I fear is going to go out of production as well in the near future. So that means the o3 Tour is pretty much extinct.

I dread the day I can't find anymore and need to switch.

cadfael_tex
08-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Well, at least I can still find a good supply of my previous two favorite frames - the Kneissl white star pro masters and the Slazenger Pro X1 :|

Irony Zealot
08-26-2009, 05:56 PM
i have an o3 tour that i can sell to you.