PDA

View Full Version : Best racquet currently in production (In your opinion)

Aces09
08-26-2009, 04:33 PM
I think the best racquet currently on the market is the [K] Prostaff 88. It's really heavy, but adding a little lead to the handle under the grip makes it a perfect balance for any style of play. It's got great mass to plow through the ball at the baseline, a nice crisp feel, a very open string pattern and the midsize headsize feels bigger than it actually is. I like to Serve/volley and attack the net alot and I never feel more confident trying to hammer an ace or gently angle a volley than with that racquet.

Dgpsx7
08-26-2009, 04:39 PM
I think the best racquet currently on the market is the [K] Prostaff 88. It's really heavy, but adding a little lead to the handle under the grip makes it a perfect balance for any style of play. It's got great mass to plow through the ball at the baseline, a nice crisp feel, a very open string pattern and the midsize headsize feels bigger than it actually is. I like to Serve/volley and attack the net alot and I never feel more confident trying to hammer an ace or gently angle a volley than with that racquet.

thats really funny because when I read the title of the thread I thought "KPS88". I have to agree 100%. I happen to play really well with this racket (luckily) but even if I didn't I would think it was the most well made racket currently in production. When you pick it up you really feel like you are holding something that is made of good materials(very similar to how you feel when you hit with it).

T1000
08-26-2009, 05:06 PM
head microgel prestige pro. Its is friendly to almost any style of play. not to heavy with a light swing weight. open string pattern makes for easy access to spin and power but the control is also there

TripleB
08-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Gamma T-7....truly a lighter POG Mid.

TripleB

dadozen
08-26-2009, 05:34 PM
head microgel prestige pro. Its is friendly to almost any style of play. not to heavy with a light swing weight. open string pattern makes for easy access to spin and power but the control is also there

T1000, would you consider the MGPMP similar to the MGPP? I mean, performance-wise?

T1000
08-26-2009, 05:37 PM
T1000, would you consider the MGPMP similar to the MGPP? I mean, performance-wise?

I demoed the mgpmp twice so don't take my word for gold. I currently use the mgpp because it suits my game better. They have the same feel, which i like. The mgpp had more power, spin potential, while the mgpmp was better for flat shots and had more control.

I would recomend the mgpmp to someone who plays aggressive, has their own power, and generally hits flat/doesn't need help finding spin. The mgpp is for someone who needs a boost in power and help in spin.

Dark Knight
08-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Second it (10char)

EDK
08-26-2009, 06:04 PM
I demoed a bunch of racquets and the MGPP blew them all away. Very animalistic. After a couple months tho, I noticed shots kept spraying so switched to the MGPMP. At first I didn't like it as much, too light and hollow, unstable. After adding 6g of lead at 3 and 9 those issues went away and the MGPMP is one of my favs.

pvaudio
08-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Aerogel 100. If you don't tell anyone it's a 90, they won't know.

chaddles
08-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Youtek Radical MP - only thing I didn't like was that it was too light.

BigHitterSE
08-26-2009, 06:32 PM
ProKennex Black Ace 93 has my vote. Perfect balance between power & control.

smack that
08-26-2009, 06:47 PM
k90
10 chart

Tennis Man
08-26-2009, 06:48 PM
K90 hands down.

Orion
08-26-2009, 07:20 PM
The Head YT Rad Pro. The more I play with it, the more I love it. I just wish it had the 18/19 string pattern of the YT MP. Only mod I made was 3g of lead at 10 & 2. I'm really liking the Head leather grip. WIsh it came with their premium calfskin that comes on the pro molds.

pvaudio
08-27-2009, 08:06 AM
k90
10 chart

K90 hands down.
How is that possibly the best racquet in production if very few people can even use it?

Meaghan
08-27-2009, 08:12 AM
best racket in production??, and im thinking quality of build here. Wilson quality is all over the place, Head is not the same as when they were Austrian made, Prince rackets feel pretty solid but no different than any wilson or head.
I would say Fischer an Yonex are so far ahead in build quality,
If I had to pick 2 rackets from these 2 that I have played it would have to be:
Fischer M Comp 95
Yonex RDiS 100 mid/MP

domhas1
08-27-2009, 08:17 AM
The Head YT Rad Pro. The more I play with it, the more I love it. I just wish it had the 18/19 string pattern of the YT MP. Only mod I made was 3g of lead at 10 & 2. I'm really liking the Head leather grip. WIsh it came with their premium calfskin that comes on the pro molds.

I second that, I love my YT Rad Pro...Just added some lead to the handle to make it more headlight and its great...

pmerk34
08-27-2009, 08:19 AM
I demoed the mgpmp twice so don't take my word for gold. I currently use the mgpp because it suits my game better. They have the same feel, which i like. The mgpp had more power, spin potential, while the mgpmp was better for flat shots and had more control.

I would recomend the mgpmp to someone who plays aggressive, has their own power, and generally hits flat/doesn't need help finding spin. The mgpp is for someone who needs a boost in power and help in spin.

Truer words never spoken. I had the exact same experience and as a result went with the Prestige Pro

PimpMyGame
08-27-2009, 08:24 AM
No particular model but Dunlop are worth a mention. Their specs are spot on with a lot of their Aerogel line, even when comparing rackets from clearly different batches (there are a lot of threads/posts on this). IMO the best QC of the manufacturers with a *reasonable* market share.

pmerk34
08-27-2009, 08:35 AM
No particular model but Dunlop are worth a mention. Their specs are spot on with a lot of their Aerogel line, even when comparing rackets from clearly different batches (there are a lot of threads/posts on this). IMO the best QC of the manufacturers with a *reasonable* market share.

Their frames are a little tinny to me. Still they are nice sticks

PimpMyGame
08-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Their frames are a little tinny to me. Still they are nice sticks

Leaded/leathered up an AG300 from 309g to 340g and with the lead in the right place in the hoop it's a very solid racket. They are generally a little lighter than their rival sticks (this could be classed as tinny I suppose) but this means they are a great base for customisation.

The_Question
08-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Pro Kennex Redondo...

pvaudio
08-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Their frames are a little tinny to me. Still they are nice sticksAll my AG100s are over 14oz all counter-weighted in the handle. If there was a racquet on the market stock that plays like they do now, I would never buy another frame. Yes, that's nearly 3oz over stock weight in case you didn't catch that lol.

Shaolin
08-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Volkl c10 pro with lead.

dadozen
08-27-2009, 09:05 AM

Thanks man, I'm really curious about how the MGPMP plays, since it's a classical racquet already( the entire model line ).

I think that the TW bug got me:D

dadozen
08-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Btw, the best racquet for me is the AG 4D 300T:twisted::D

Tennis Man
08-27-2009, 09:21 AM
How is that possibly the best racquet in production if very few people can even use it?

b/c if you ask a stupid question, don't expect a smart answer.

You answered it yourself: "very few people can even use it".

There are only few good players nowadays who can use heavy racquets under 90 sq inches...

stronzzi70
08-27-2009, 09:21 AM
By far for me, KPS 88 , great heavy balls, amazing top spin, great slice, yo can do all serves, kick, slice, flat. I mean is the best!!!!

Joey
08-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Prince EXO³ Rebel

pvaudio
08-27-2009, 10:18 AM

There are only few good players nowadays who can use heavy racquets under 90 sq inches...There isn't much logic behind claiming the best of the best is something that only a small handful of people can use versus something that across the board tends to make people play better. So therefore by claiming what you said, the only people who can use this frame are people like Federer. As far as I know, he's the only pro in the top 50 who even uses the frame, so even there the logic fails. I'm not saying my choice is right, but a specialized stick made because someone wanted something different probably won't be the best. Best for HIM, yes. Best in production? Doubtful.

verbouge
08-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Gamma T-7....truly a lighter POG Mid.

TripleB
The last thing I expected to see was the Gamma T-7 near the top of entries for this thread. I rarely, if ever, participate in these kinds of informal polls and discussions, but I discovered the T-7 last year after demo-ing just about everything out there. Simple design, plush feel that lets you do the work without the personality of the racket getting the way of your own game. I LOVE this thing! Don't be fooled by Gamma's low profile on the marketing radar. Those people make some good rackets.

So, ditto to TripleB's post.

Oh yes, all you wonks out there are always interested in string jobs. Luxilon Alu-power mains at 49lbs, Wilson synthetic gut 16ga crosses at 55lbs. Magic.

Dave

timeisonmyside
08-27-2009, 12:18 PM
kBlade 98. It has an open 18x20 string pattern. Very unique. One of the best sellers as well.

tennisntn3477
08-27-2009, 12:21 PM
K88/K90, PB10 Mid, MG Prestige mid, learning to love the Tour Diablo mid, Aerogel 100, Black Ace 93, Pure Storm Limited - all great frames in the traditional sense of player's racquets focused on control.

Single greatest is too subjective to ever call.

mtommer
08-27-2009, 12:28 PM
I'll add the Aerogel 200/200 4D line.

The most important point though is that there are several well built and designed racquets currently on the market. This is no one "best" racquet if only because people have so many different preferences.

pmerk34
08-27-2009, 12:40 PM

There are only few good players nowadays who can use heavy racquets under 90 sq inches...

And none of them happen to be the best players in the world as they all use 90 and above now.

Fed Kennedy
08-27-2009, 02:29 PM
If you have mild grips and are on top of your game k88/90
If you are pretty damn good but not quite fed and like a little flex prestige series/pb10 mid
If you have arm trouble c-10 pro
If you aspire to be good but are prone to hacking, leaving the ball short and hitting out of position (me), PD or similar.