PDA

View Full Version : The advice thread

Lionheart392
08-26-2009, 04:36 PM
I thought it might be cool to start a thread where people post any problems they might be having and everyone can give their advice.
Problems can be big or small, anything from 'I hate my hair' to 'my boss won't promote me unless I have sex with him'.
So let's begin! Unless no one has any problems, in which case let this thread sink to the bottom...
Ok my problem is that it's my friend's birthday soon and she invited me to London (where she lives) for a meal with various other people. The thing is, I kinda don't want to go. I mean it's just that London is about 100 miles from where I live and the train is mega expensive, plus it would mean I'd have to stay at her house overnight and I really don't like being anywhere other than my own bed at night, I can never sleep at other people's houses. Plus loads of other people who I've never met would be staying over and I really need my space. So any good excuses or should I just be honest with her?
Also she didn't come to my birthday meal last year because she said she had no money, even though the next day she went out partying, so she may understand :twisted:

CanadianChic
08-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Just politely explain to her that you have plans that evening already (if you've already accepted just say it's a family function you forgot about) but you'd like to make it up to her the next time you see her by buying her lunch. If it still bothers you then send her flowers. NEXT!!!

dParis
08-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Just politely explain to her that you have plans that evening already (if you've already accepted just say it's a family function you forgot about) but you'd like to make it up to her the next time you see her by buying her lunch. If it still bothers you then send her flowers. NEXT!!!
Or.... Take her up on the offer. Don't bring a gift - you can't afford it. At dinner, eat everyone else's food and drink all of the wine on the table. When you get back to her house, throw up all over her sofa then get up and leave, but not before berating her 'stuck-up' friends and admonishing her for missing your birthday meal, then catch the last train back home.

iplaytennislolol
08-26-2009, 09:01 PM
those seem like pretty good reasons not to go-- if you're a girl, i think you should explain to her your reasons.. if you're a guy, then maybe you could tell her that you already had other plans (seems odd for a guy to have your reasons for not going)