PDA

View Full Version : Big Banger Ace Tension

Jakedasnake
08-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Hello, I've never used poly before, and I bought a set of this to try. What tension do you think I should string at? I know luxilon says 10% less than normal, but then reading other threads, it seems like the poly will lose tension very fast. To give you an idea, I string my multifilament (Wilson Reaction 16) at 60 lbs. Thanks for any help!

Danstevens
08-27-2009, 12:36 PM
String it round about 10% less so about 54 Lbs. BB Ace isn't a particularly harsh poly compared to most so you could probably get away with going a little bit higher. I'd say try 54 and if you feel it would be better with adjustments, make those adjustments next time you restring.

Power Player
08-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Big Ace is better tight. I usually string my polys at 56 or 57, and Big Ace was no good at this tension. I would honestly try 60-63#. You can search a little on Big Ace and read that is how a lot of posters here do it.

Normally, a poly is good in the mid 50s, but this string is very very soft.

Jakedasnake
08-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks to Danstevens for the response I think I'll be going with 55lbs.

Big Ace is better tight. I usually string my polys at 56 or 57, and Big Ace was no good at this tension. I would honestly try 60-63#. You can search a little on Big Ace and read that is how a lot of posters here do it.

Normally, a poly is good in the mid 50s, but this string is very very soft.

Are you talking about Pro Supex Big Ace or Luxilon Big Banger Ace??? Because my thread is about the Luxilon...... Thanks for the feedback though!

acer4tennis
08-27-2009, 04:29 PM
You should go about 10% below your reg tension.

mikeler
08-28-2009, 05:40 AM
I've tried Big Ace at the same tension as synthetic gut and it works just fine. I switched rackets last month and now string it 3 lbs lower and it works just fine at that tension too.

PS I have BA in the mains with Gamma synthetic gut in the crosses.

Power Player
08-28-2009, 05:49 AM
Are you talking about Pro Supex Big Ace or Luxilon Big Banger Ace??? Because my thread is about the Luxilon...... Thanks for the feedback though!

Yeah..sorry didnt know Lux made a Big Ace too. Carry on..lol.

mikeler
08-28-2009, 06:57 AM
Oops. Sorry, we just fell off the turnip truck here in Otown.