PDA

View Full Version : Yonex RDS 001 Midplus Racquets Vs. Fischer M pro # 1 98 Racquets

Russell93
08-26-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm on the look for a new racquet, and i boiled it down to these two. So if anyone out there has ever played with one of these two racquets, some feedback on how each of them play would be greatly appreciated.

Japutch
08-26-2009, 05:55 PM
I have the Fischer racquet and besides a great conversation piece for zelda fanatics i find it extremely suitable for the baseline game. Being a 4.0 player who previously used the babolat pure drive and aeropro, i find this racquet has decent power balanced with decent control. Hitting the sweet spot is very rewarding in that it provides greater feel than either of the babolats i have used, though i suspect that is becasue of the lack of a woofer system on a fischer. The racquet is overall very sound but i have not used the yonex racquet before so i cannot compare the two. Compared to the babolats however, the aeropro has more spin and the pdr feels stiffer, while the fischer provides a flatter shot, though spin is accessible. I string my fischer with signum pro 16gauge poly plasma orange at 58lbs., and the colour coordination is the most beautiful thing i have seen xD. Hope my vagueness was of some help!

Russell93
08-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I also have one question about how you said the fischer hits a flatter shot, is it still a good racquet for someone who uses a western grip.

And if anyone has used either racquets, how does their power rank in your mind, and how does their forgivness rank to?

vtdownhiller
08-27-2009, 05:48 AM
be prepared with the fischer to have your shots come up short in the box, you have to generate your own power with it, but the nice thing is that you can swing away without worrying too much about going long...great spin

alfa164164
08-27-2009, 09:32 AM
The Yonex RDS-001 MP has a bit more power than the Fischer M-Pro No. 1, but the Fischer is more comfortable. Both are really nice rackets, you can't go wrong with either. IMO the Fischer plays best in the 51-55 tension range, otherwise it will feel like a board and underpowered.

akybo
08-27-2009, 09:57 AM
I dont know how you guys like the m pro 98 so much,I played a lot with it,trying to like it,but it was the most unstable racquet I've ever played.
It only works if you have a whipy forehand and hit the ball with the upper part of the strings.
If you like to drive through the ball hitting in the middle of the head,take a higher swingweight racquet.
My whipy one hand backhand was great with it though.
Adding some lead tape to the head is another story.

Japutch
08-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I also have one question about how you said the fischer hits a flatter shot, is it still a good racquet for someone who uses a western grip.

And if anyone has used either racquets, how does their power rank in your mind, and how does their forgivness rank to?

I use a semi western grip, so i cannot say, but you can definitely access the spin. This is just my opinion having switched from the aeropro to the fischer, i lost spin but this could be due to the fact that the aeropro was designed to provide a lot of spin. As for forgiveness i guess it depends on how consistent you are with hitting the sweet spot, but i find that you can muscle through shots that are somewhat off in order to return a hard ball.

0d1n
08-28-2009, 12:00 AM
The main differences between these 2 racquets are flex/feel/comfort.
The rest of the specs are quite close on paper AND in play.
They swing similarly (very easy for the "players racquet" category), have similar power (the Yonex is very slightly more powerful), similar trajectory/spin characteristics.
The Fischer has a special quality in the fact that it seems to "lock" strings better (may be due to the extra cross string and the string spacing) and this leads to better string durability. It behaves more like a tight pattern racquet while still keeping the trajectory/spin of a open pattern one. Quite unique in my experience...

The Fischer is much more flexible and more comfortable. Both rackets provide good feedback (IMO) to the hand, and the matter of "feel" will be debatable between camps based on the difference in flex. Some prefer a flexible feel some prefer a crisper/stiffer feel.

Meaghan
08-28-2009, 03:35 AM
Played with the RDis 100 MP which is the new RDS 001 MP and the Fischer M pro 98.
Very good rackets, very stable, great all round sticks, you cant go wrong with either.
Great feel from the M Pro but I would say the advantage lies with the Yonex, slightly more pop and coupled with Fischer getting taken over by Pacific, then who knows what will happen.
There is something very special about these 2 brands, the feel is unparalled IMO other than the old Austrian Heads and (some may laugh!!) the floating stringbed of the Prince rackets with string inserts)
Buy the Yonex RDiS slightly less flex than the RDS but with a graphite block above the handle means it plays a little stiffer and is slightly more stable.