PDA

View Full Version : What's the most POWERFUL multi that's also soft?

BreakPoint
08-26-2009, 06:56 PM
What's the most powerful multi that's also soft and easy on the arm that you've ever tried?

Thanks

coyfish
08-26-2009, 06:59 PM
I like gamma live wire. One of the best feeling / softest multi's out there. Plenty of pop. I haven't tried EVERY multi out there so i can't tell you if its the most powerful but its a lot more powerful than my alu BB / cheap syn gut cross.

I break multi's / syn guts too fast unfortunatley. Last me about 4 hours tops lol.

v205
08-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Isospeed Pro 17 seems to have a very soft rating on the RSA site.

10ACE
08-26-2009, 07:10 PM
I like gamma live wire. One of the best feeling / softest multi's out there. Plenty of pop. I haven't tried EVERY multi out there so i can't tell you if its the most powerful but its a lot more powerful than my alu BB / cheap syn gut cross.

I break multi's / syn guts too fast unfortunatley. Last me about 4 hours tops lol.

I would second that, gamma live wire is the best I have tried, I do want to try MSV's mulit.

Octavianus
08-26-2009, 07:25 PM
#1 Babolat XCel Power - soft, powerful and expensive

#2 Weisscannin Explosiv - soft and not quite as powerful as XCel

Supracool94
08-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Gamma Pro is good, but TF X-1 has been really good!

iplaytennislolol
08-26-2009, 08:11 PM
#1 Babolat XCel Power - soft, powerful and expensive
i agree.. i <3 it

Shangri La
08-26-2009, 08:58 PM
What's the most powerful multi that's also soft and easy on the arm that you've ever tried?

Thanks

Why dont you try natural gut? It has everything you need: power, comfort, feel, AND durability.

BreakPoint
08-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Why dont you try natural gut? It has everything you need: power, comfort, feel, AND durability.
Well, it's too expensive for one thing. And the few times that I've tried natural gut, I really didn't like it all that much. Didn't have as much feel for me as some of the multis that I've tried. Also, I've heard that natural gut is more of a pain in the *** to string than synthetic guts are.

BreakPoint
08-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Has anyone tried Volkl Catapult Power? If so, how does that compare to some of the other multis mentioned so far in this thread power-wise?

BTW, thanks for all the replies so far. Keep 'em coming. :)

ClubHoUno
08-26-2009, 10:23 PM
I've tried all the better multis out there and I'm an avid Babolat VS Nat gut user.

I use multi in my 2 wet weather racquets, because gut doesn't like rain :)

The best multis for me unfortunately also were the most expensive:

My favorite is as far as I know no longer in production, because it was too expensive and Laserfibre didn't do enough to promote it, but is felt almost like gut to me, and no multi has ever done that before.

1. Laserfibre Super Natural Gut Prostock - by far the best multi I've ever used, NOTHING comes close.

2. Babolat Xcel Power - the second best multi I've tried

3. Tecnifibre X-one NATURAL color, the coating on the red changes the playing characteristics of the string, so buy the natural colored one. X-1 is the cheapest of the best and expensive multi, so if you're on a budget looking for a top multi string, X-1 is hard to beat.

Fed Kennedy
08-26-2009, 11:44 PM
That volkl catapult is intriguing given the price. I have tried power fibre II and it is very nice. Nxt tour 17 is a great string. Rocket power on serves. VS 16 natural gut is the best string in the world.

v205
08-27-2009, 04:26 AM
Club, did you try K-gut / pro?

goldenyama
08-27-2009, 04:35 AM
Best multi IMO is Kirschbaum Touch Multifibre. Second would be Yonex 850 Pro. The Kirschbaum is the more powerful of the too. It is very comfy but is crisp and not mushy at all.

Shangri La
08-27-2009, 09:03 AM
I find Kgut to be pretty soft and very comfortable. I like Nxt tour too but it feels more crisp.

diehard6.0
08-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Has anyone tried Volkl Catapult Power? If so, how does that compare to some of the other multis mentioned so far in this thread power-wise?

BTW, thanks for all the replies so far. Keep 'em coming. :)

I am using the Volkl string as the cross. It's quite like Wilson Sensation & Gamma TNT - overall, good playability, soft, powerful, however, loses tension early. I would recommend Yonex multis or Wilson Reaction for better tension maintenance in the similar vein.

diehard6.0
08-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Well, it's too expensive for one thing. And the few times that I've tried natural gut, I really didn't like it all that much. Didn't have as much feel for me as some of the multis that I've tried. Also, I've heard that natural gut is more of a pain in the *** to string than synthetic guts are.

Me too. I couldn't get used to natural gut, especially boardy feels.
Luxilon Big Ace + decent multi is better for me.

Noveson
08-27-2009, 11:12 AM
X-1 Biphase, great string, and as far as top of the line multis go not too expensive.

1st Seed
08-27-2009, 11:43 AM
+1 for Weiss Cannon Evplosiv
On my k6.1's these put holes in tennis balls,Very comfy as well.
X-1 also plays very powerful.
Every month I'll try a new Multi,Still Iso makes the best quality Mult.i IMO.Tec 2nd

Rexking
08-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Ashaway Dynamite 17 is powerful and soft with a string stiffness of 147, that getting close to natural gut territory.

DrpShot!
08-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Another vote for X-1 Biphase, NRG2 is pretty good too.

BreakPoint
08-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Club, did you try K-gut / pro?
I've tried both and I don't find either to be soft nor very powerful. K-Gut Pro being the stiffer and crisper of the two. In fact, I find both to play more like polys than multis, e.g., they don't move very much, give good spin, are low-powered, are not very soft nor resilient, and you have to string both lower than usual. I don't know why Wilson claims that they are as close to natural gut as possible. They should market these strings as a more arm-friendly alternative to poly. They would sell tons of it.

Lsmkenpo
08-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Head ETS, is quite powerful and soft.

AlpineCadet
08-27-2009, 02:20 PM

Thanks

It's in the same price catagory, so why not try Global Gut ($15 a set.)