PDA

View Full Version : Flexpoint Head Prestige uncapped

Team China
08-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Is it possible to use the youtek radical midplus grommets instead of the capped grommets for the flexpoint?

Could you also use the microgel gromments as well?

Team China
08-27-2009, 10:20 AM
So is it required that i have to use the head flexpoint radical midplus grommets if i want to uncap my racket?

tennisfreak15347
08-27-2009, 04:53 PM
it is not possible to use the youtek or microgel grommets on a flexpoint prestige, because the flexpoint prestige grommets have thinned out plastic at 3' and 9'oclock. it is possible to replace them with flexpoint RADICAL MP grommets, though.

furyoku_tennis
08-27-2009, 05:24 PM
just curious, but why are you looking to unCAP your prestige?

Team China
08-27-2009, 11:25 PM
I got really irritated of how the cap grommet partly covers the string holes making it really annoying to string or pull out strings.
I figure it would be easier with the regular grommets and it wasn't like I needed the full racket protection

furyoku_tennis
08-27-2009, 11:30 PM
yeah, stringing a prestige can be a pain sometimes. your racquet's gonna be a bit more head light without the caps. let us know how it hits. i'm quite curious about it.

Team China
08-27-2009, 11:54 PM
It appears to me that the grommet for the flexpoint radical midplus does not thin out at the 3 o clock or 9 o clock points so i would like to ask anyone who experienced uncapping a flexpoint prestige.

Blade0324
08-28-2009, 08:51 AM
THIs is an interesting idea. I don't care out stringing on my prestige and actually really like the caps. However I would be very curious as to how it plays.

furyoku_tennis
08-28-2009, 09:42 AM
It appears to me that the grommet for the flexpoint radical midplus does not thin out at the 3 o clock or 9 o clock points so i would like to ask anyone who experienced uncapping a flexpoint prestige.

the flexpoint radical and flexpoint prestige grommets can be swapped without a problem. the grommet on the radical doesn't thin out because it doesn't need to. the cap grommets reach around the frame, that's why when you cap the radical you need the same version. when going the other way though, the radical grommets will fit fine. the grommet is pretty much just a strip.

NoNameZ
08-28-2009, 10:06 AM
the flexpoint radical and flexpoint prestige grommets can be swapped without a problem. the grommet on the radical doesn't thin out because it doesn't need to. the cap grommets reach around the frame, that's why when you cap the radical you need the same version. when going the other way though, the radical grommets will fit fine. the grommet is pretty much just a strip.

He is exactly correct. If you can see a picture of the FXP Rad, there's no need for it to thin out. So in theory, you could use any Rad MP grommet for your FXP Prestige MP.

Team China
08-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Thank you i just had a hunch that i could use any radical mp grommet as long as it was the same beam width and head shape as my prestige. I'll give a update on how it plays without the caps as soon as i get it.

Team China
09-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Time for a update.

Currently i am still waiting for my package from tennis warehouse and it has been around two weeks so i got impatient and went to a local tennis shop to pick a microgel radical mp grommet set.
I was able to fit the side pieces but not the bumper guard because it is off by a few millimeter which makes it super difficult to put it even with a hairdryer. I am trying to fit it in but let me say that it is possible but it is extremely difficult. I'll have a picture as soon as i am done putting it on. However i am super frustrated with the bumper guard so it might take a while.

Djoker_69
11-12-2009, 09:47 PM
can u plz post pictures