PDA

View Full Version : New racquet decition nightmare.

guille_vilas
08-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Use to own a Pure Drive GT Roddick.

Great spin.
Great baseline shotts
Horrible volleys
Good serves.

I think im a little stuck with this racket, since i broke it, im trying to get better
with my serve and volley...

I was trying Kfactor 95 6.1 16x18 pattern.

I found it very difficult at my topsin backhand
But i felt it very good at the volleys, serves, and planes forehands...
Which string config. could help my topspin? and give me a little bit of more power?

Looking forward to try similar models, any ideas or advices?

I have 2 days before my next tournament... i dont know what to else to do..

fps
08-27-2009, 08:03 AM
as you know, every racquet plays subtly differently. is the K95 bought of borrowed? my advice would be to spend some time with the new racquet in the next coupla days, do a bit of hitting, to get used to it. over time you'll come to alter your technique to work with the racquet.

after all, if you want the same amounts of spin, power etc you had with your other racquet, you should just get another one of them.

guille_vilas
08-27-2009, 12:19 PM
as you know, every racquet plays subtly differently. is the K95 bought of borrowed? my advice would be to spend some time with the new racquet in the next coupla days, do a bit of hitting, to get used to it. over time you'll come to alter your technique to work with the racquet.

after all, if you want the same amounts of spin, power etc you had with your other racquet, you should just get another one of them.

Which string do you recommend?

fps
08-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Which string do you recommend?

i don't have that racquet so i couldn't say. i'd suggest using the Search function with the words K95 and string, in Strings and Stringing.

dadozen
08-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Sorry, but did you say that you used to own a PDR GT and broke it? This racquet was released like 1 or 2 months ago. Did you do that on purpose or was that an accident?

guille_vilas
08-28-2009, 04:56 AM
Sorry, but did you say that you used to own a PDR GT and broke it? This racquet was released like 1 or 2 months ago. Did you do that on purpose or was that an accident?

Nah, im still having it, but want to improve my serve and volleys. The Pd spins a lot on my hand, so im trying de K... :-?

Meaghan
08-28-2009, 05:03 AM
K95 doesnt do spin, change racket! The EX03 Rebel is the one for you, same spec lower flex....
Also Prince Ozone Pro Tour does spin and similar spec.
More power from K95, i dont understand, the racket is so siff its hard to keep in. As for string I get loads from my PHT and x1 biphase combo, string low 50's and 17 gauge.

guille_vilas
08-28-2009, 05:25 AM
K95 doesnt do spin, change racket! The EX03 Rebel is the one for you, same spec lower flex....
Also Prince Ozone Pro Tour does spin and similar spec.
More power from K95, i dont understand, the racket is so siff its hard to keep in. As for string I get loads from my PHT and x1 biphase combo, string low 50's and 17 gauge.

Thanks a lot Meaghan i will try the Ex03 Rebel... It seems you understand my problem!

fps
08-28-2009, 05:42 AM
i second PHT, it's really good for spin i find.

eagle
08-28-2009, 06:31 AM
Ummmm... no need to post two threads on the same question guile. I responded to your other thread.

r,
eagle