PDA

View Full Version : how do you love tennis again?

misakikidd
08-27-2009, 11:50 AM
so my sophmore year my coach got on my case for always showing emotion on the court. in some case it made me play better but at the league finals, i exploded causing me to lose the match.
so i got fed up with it because i realized tennis is my passion and even if i lose 100 times to one guy if i take a set of them i know i can be better.
so i worked my a** off at improving my "psyco" attitude as the coach called it and damn did i change. i had fun, i was still emotional but competitive and played better....
up until a couple days ago. so my sister was driving me to a tournament and i have never been there before. so i say just follow the street and you will find the spot. unfortunatly she saw a sign that said take a right so she decided to follow her own intuition and take the turn. needless to say i was late and started down 3 games to a guy who gets to serve. i was already angry and rather than focusing, she tried to watch me making me even more annoyed. since than, everytime i get on court to play what i think i love, i just lose it and go crazy. i cant have fun and i am losing to players who i should be beating (considering i have done it before or beat people who have beaten them). so now i dont know what to do. i dont like tennis right now but i still remember the fun i used to have.

DownTheLine
08-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Take a break maybe your burnt out.

i love t3nn1s
08-27-2009, 10:31 PM
what a useless story.. what? do you need attention or someone to feel sorry for you?

If you dont feel the love for tennis just because your losing maybe you should get better or take time off No need to write a pity story on a forum

misakikidd
08-27-2009, 11:44 PM
O did i forget to write i need advice? Embarasing

misakikidd
08-27-2009, 11:59 PM
what a useless story.. what? do you need attention or someone to feel sorry for you?

If you dont feel the love for tennis just because your losing maybe you should get better or take time off No need to write a pity story on a forum

So like i said i forgot to write if u got any suggestions... U type so much mind goes blank

120mphBodyServe
08-28-2009, 01:41 AM
You need to buy a portable navigation device so you never get lost again...
Oh and take a break from tennis, you do sound burnt out...
How old are you?

TennisCoachFLA
08-28-2009, 07:03 AM
Sounds like you need a reality check. Go spend your next 20 hours of free time visiting a children's hospital and then go drive through the poorest area in your town.

Then realize how utterly silly and meaningless any possible problems with "loving or not loving playing tennis" you may have really are. Then go enjoy every moment of tennis you play for the rest of your life.

misakikidd
08-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Sounds like you need a reality check. Go spend your next 20 hours of free time visiting a children's hospital and then go drive through the poorest area in your town.

Then realize how utterly silly and meaningless any possible problems with "loving or not loving playing tennis" you may have really are. Then go enjoy every moment of tennis you play for the rest of your life.

i love that man...its a good point seriously yeah i am startin to see the light that i should do something helpful to people if ima b*tch around about stuff right? but yeah i like the ideas i got...although idk how a gps helps...but yeah thanks for the help everyone...sorta

beast22
08-29-2009, 07:28 AM
Hey man, u sound like me from this winter. I didn't enjoy playing and I was sick of it. So I took a couple weeks off and enjoyed the other parts of my life. It helped a lot and now I'm back playing the best tennis of my life

wyutani
08-29-2009, 07:31 AM
play more tennis....u'll find back the passion after a gonzalez forehand winner.

Mikey Fresh
08-29-2009, 08:16 AM
play more tennis....u'll find back the passion after a gonzalez forehand winner.

yea it will be like that one at&t commercial where he is golfing and hits some bad shots and gets fed up and than hits a good putt and it is back to liking the sport

ScoopsHaaganDazs
08-29-2009, 09:25 AM
It seems like your mental game is still very poor. Take a break from tennis. Start playing again when you think you will really enjoy it. The other thing is to get better mentally and physically in tennis.

Skywalker91
08-29-2009, 01:05 PM
When I started to feel like that, I go back to basics. Playing at 7am with a bunch of people who love the game, not because of the competetion, they don't have any of the latest gear, not in shape or anything and yet they will make you work. They won't give up on anything and I grew the same mentality. "It's not the skill that drives the passion, it's the passion that drives the skill."

tennis-silver
08-30-2009, 04:04 AM
When I started to feel like that, I go back to basics. Playing at 7am with a bunch of people who love the game, not because of the competetion, they don't have any of the latest gear, not in shape or anything and yet they will make you work. They won't give up on anything and I grew the same mentality. "It's not the skill that drives the passion, it's the passion that drives the skill."

Similar to what I was going to suggest. Play for awhile out of the competition. Go to a park or a tennis club where you can get some matches with folks who play for fun. They are usually laughing and joking because its just recreational. Try to really enjoy yourself. No pressure. Sometimes you might want to just rally with someone - no points involved.

(Also - the other poster suggested a GPS because you got lost and was late to the tournament. Anyone playing junior tennis should have a GPS.)

Good luck to you - you sound like a competitive player and I respect the fact that you are willing to open yourself up to advice. That is definitely the first step to solving your issue. Let us know how it goes.