PDA

View Full Version : How ominous...

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Today and yesterday I started school. And all day it was cold, dreary and raining. Plus, I learned that Ted Kennedy died on the first day.

COINCIDENCE??!!?

Discuss how much you hate school here. And other ominous things.

Lionheart392
08-27-2009, 02:24 PM
I HATED school. I'm 21 now so have been free of it for many years, but lord I hated it. Don't worry though, the time will pass VERY quickly even though it seems like the end is a long way away.

dave333
08-27-2009, 02:51 PM
I have 4 APs, 2 study halls, and orchestra and I'm a senior. Not much to hate.

Lionheart392
08-27-2009, 02:54 PM

Shut up geek :-P

iplaytennislolol
08-27-2009, 03:04 PM

i had 6 APs, 1 PE class. plenty of hate.
For the upcoming year (i start school this monday) i have 3 APs, anatomy, yearbook and volleyball. probably won't be too bad since i probably wont do homework hahaha

Wakenslam
08-27-2009, 03:45 PM
"Today and yesterday I started school."

That in itself speaks volumes.

VivalaVida
08-27-2009, 04:12 PM
School sucked. I am out and college starts in a week. College is gonna be so much better than high school. I scheduled all my classes after 9 am so I can get plenty of zzz's 8)

Lionheart392
08-27-2009, 04:13 PM
School sucked. I am out and college starts in a week. College is gonna be so much better than high school. I scheduled all my classes after 9 am so I can get plenty of zzz's 8)

Wow you're that young? I pictured you as an older guy... I pictured you as Hugh Laurie actually :)

VivalaVida
08-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Wow you're that young? I pictured you as an older guy... I pictured you as Hugh Laurie actually :)
:lol: that is funny. That is a compliment as Hugh Laurie is the man. :)

Dedans Penthouse
08-27-2009, 04:50 PM
In high school (NYS), in order to graduate with a 'Regents' diploma (vs. a "general" diploma), you had to have:

- 4 years English
- 4 years History
- 3 year elective (in science & math)
- 2 years language

Facing senior year and having the math & science over with, having two language (Lat./Fr.) over with, I essentially had only 4th yr. Eng. and Hist. to complete....was faced with nothing left but "study hall" for the rest of the day. At the suggestion of my guidance counselor, I took some "skill" courses (e.g. Regents Typing--- yep, Regents Typing (a great life tool) and a number of "other" type AP courses (Journalism=Eng./History) and was the better for it. ... this from a "got-by-showing-up" type of student.

Milk it.

jamesblakefan#1
08-27-2009, 05:07 PM

Smart man. My 1st Semester of college (last year), I had a Physics class from 8:30-10:15am. You don't want to know how many days I skipped. :)

This semester I had no choice but to have morning classes Tuesdays and Thursdays, American Lit at 9:30-10:45am, and Int'l Politics 11:00am-12:15pm. Then I have Oceanography from 1:20-2:45pm that day. So yeah I have classes from morning on, I had no choice.

That's why I'm already trying to start to sleep earlier, in preparation for next week. I'd rather have morning classes than night classes though. If I had to choose, nothing earlier than Noon though.

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Shut up. I have to wake up at 6 am every morning from now on. :(

meowmix
08-27-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm going to hate school once it starts, but I kind of want to start now...

5 ap's, 3 honor societies to run, 3 organizations to run, 1 school newspaper to run, tennis, piano, college apps.

Need I say fml?

Breaker
08-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Anyone who says "fml" deserves to have their hopes and dreams shattered immediately.

Where's that Dawson crying image when you need it..

flyinghippos101
08-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Man, High school, BAAD. At the risk of sounding clueless...ap? nvm, advanced placement. Yikes, we don't get stuff like that in Nova Scotia, or atleast not that I heard of

flyinghippos101
08-27-2009, 05:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmWWePoYHYk

S H O W S T O P P E R !
08-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Anyone who says "fml" deserves to have their hopes and dreams shattered immediately.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/49/dawson_crying.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2287)

abenguyen
08-27-2009, 06:08 PM
yay im taking 17 hours at my college and i started monday. im a sophomore and the only thing im complaining about now really is Organic Chemistry...more of the lab part so its gonna be fun...

dave333
08-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Haha sucks for you guys...my 4 APs are at school, but I'm doing three AP independent studies, two of which I already finished. I already have straight A+'s over 4 quarters in two classes that I won't be doing anything for anymore. Sweet.

As for out of the classroom, I'm not particularly busy till indoor track. Just have to run club stuff like math and physics teams, newspaper, and student government, practice my violin, and work at my sick job at Polo I just got (50% discount)!

I met all my teachers today, most of them are really laid back. I'm definitely looking forward to this year.

MakeSenseNotBabies
08-27-2009, 07:15 PM
i finished college so i'm done.
i personally hate sunny days. everything bad that has happened to me has happened over the summer. so for me, sunny days are ominous. i love daaark autumn days, minus the rain.

VivalaVida
08-27-2009, 07:18 PM

Absolutely! you hit the nail right on the head. Most annoying word ever!